"Batman: Arkham Trilogy" gets a confirmed release date of October 13th for Nintendo Switch

F3lWWwKXgAATeqN.jpg

The classic Batman: Arkham games will see a new release for the Nintendo Switch, after much speculation and rumours about a collection coming to the hybrid console, and it has finally been given a release date. While Turn Me Up Games are the ones in charge of developing the trilogy for this new release; Rocksteady Studios, the developers behind 3 out of the 4 original Arkham games, have given a final release date through their social media, which has been set for October 13th, 2023.

The trilogy seems to be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch, as a specific article on Warner Bros. Games' website about the trilogy package has a short FAQ, in which they specifically mention that "Batman: Arkham Trilogy is only scheduled to release on Nintendo Switch". However, only 3 out of the 4 Arkham games, excluding Batman: Arkham Origins from what could-have-been a collection of the whole series, and this could have been due to the fact that said game was instead developed by Warner Bros. Games Montreal while Rocksteady Studios were working on Arkham Knight.

The trilogy will consist of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Knight, with each and every game in the package having all the previously released DLC included into their respective games.

As usual with most collections or packages of franchises released for the Nintendo Switch, only the very first game (Arkham Asylum) will be included in the cartridge, while both Arkham City and Arkham Knight will require an online connection to download and install said games into the Switch.

:arrow: Batman: Arkham Trilogy page on Warner Bros. Games

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
UMDs were slow so loading games via ISO/Memory Card was definitely an upgrade over it.

Quite impressive.
Of course, nobody can deny the superiority of ROM access time compared to laser disks.

But do not forget that retailers MASSIVELY boycotted the PSP Go, due to the business model it was foreshadowing.
Today, they are closed, or kept afloat by selling merchs.

Coercion is always sold through convenience.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Something must be up with licensing to always leave out batman arkham origins and batman arkham origins blackgate from batman collections.
Or they just realized those games were not that good, so they keep them hidden and forgotten. I enjoy origins though, but not blackgate

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if the Switch graphics will be comparable to Ps3 or 360?
Great series series btw, I already bought them on Ps3 but I want em on my Erista...sail tha Seven Seas.
If it uses the art style, lighting, and graphics from the PS3/360/PC version, it'll be an improvement over the Xbone/PS4 version. lol

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or they just realized those games were not that good, so they keep them hidden and forgotten. I enjoy origins though, but not blackgate
They could have done it for preservation, but companies don't care about that. If they did, Konami for example would have included the crappy TMNT games Re-Shelled and Out of the Shadows in their Turtles collection and they didn't.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Well, They will be a bit beter I think to be honest. The switch is about 4 times more powerful.
Arham knight on the other hand is a last gen game...ps4 and xbox one.
The ps4 version runs @ 1080p,
Xbox one version and even series x @ runs at 900p.
It would be great if The switch manages this. But I exspect 720 ish.
Arkham Knight indeed was on Ps4 and looked gorgeous, a project of a studio that put quality ahead of greed by refusing to develop for last gen Ps3 & 360 forcing WB Games to outsource Arkham Origins to another studio.

No way Switch will ever come close.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are still getting "impossible ports" despite the next console probably being around the corner. Clearly they really want to put their games on there, if they can.

i try to buy only physical games, so I'll give this one a pass. such a shame. hopefully next nintendo console will have larger capacities as flash memory has gotten cheaper.

They already have bigger carts. Eventually they will be forced to use bigger carts, just like Nintendo.

Reactions: osaka35

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Just like the Spyro collection on the Switch. 1 game on the cart and download the rest.
What's the incentive to buy physical Switch games? Sell them when you're done? That's more or less it.
Post automatically merged:
Well...the least they can do is be consistent.
Either release all 3 games on a 3 cartridges, or release 3 games as a downloadable.

As for What's the incentive.. the incentive is to own a physical thing. Its that simple.
And to have everything on it that you p[ay, instead of paying the air or services. And yes, also so you can sell if you dont want them anymore so others can play and enjoy, or to give it to a friend or relative if you dont want to collect.
It should really be a standard, and downloadable an option.

1. Consistency
2. Ownership

Not to mention that they never said other two are downloadable, they just advertise it as trilogy selling physically.
So if you buy physical because you want to regardless of incentive, hoping you get 3 games (which is logical conclusion),
you're not getting 3 games, but one...on a cart.

So.. yeah. If you don't see a fuckery in all of that than i have nothing else to add.

i try to buy only physical games, so I'll give this one a pass. such a shame. hopefully next nintendo console will have larger capacities as flash memory has gotten cheaper.
Me to. When i first say the ad and words "physically" and "trilogy" logical conclusion was 3 games on one cart, or 3 carts
(games used to come on 3 discs if not everything can fitt on 1),
so i was excited to buy till i found out its just one game on a cart LoL, so now i gave up on buying it.

Really sad, and also they should mention it. I had to have someone tell me on discord that there are no 3 games on one cart.
So i bet a lot of people will buy it and later realize they are scammed basically into buying.

So nobody is going to mention how this game is $60 while you can buy it on PSN for $6?
i bought it on steam for 3

We are still getting "impossible ports" despite the next console probably being around the corner. Clearly they really want to put their games on there, if they can.
They look like shit on Switch anyway. Only one i like is MK11

Last edited by Metoroid0,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either release all 3 games on a 3 cartridges, or release 3 games as a downloadable.
That would have been great even if it were a limited edition release, it'd still be better than "one on cart, two to download."

It feels like folks who pirate get a better experience than paying customers.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
That would have been great even if it were a limited edition release, it'd still be better than "one on cart, two to download."

It feels like folks who pirate get a better experience than paying customers.
Folks who pirate still don't get games on cartridges...
I guess no point in getting the games anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto