sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
??
why?

zelda games always have been delayed.
also
this is not the first time they made a cross gen zelda.

if i remember correctly it was even the first time they delayed a zelda game for 2 years ina row...

NX postponed to 2017?
hint about a hardware bump imo...maybe in the end they really want to align with nPS4 hardware .
not a bad thing.
I still hope in a ARM based console for both handheld and home...but at this point AMD nPS4 hardware for NX is a give among probable speculations.
I have no reason to buy Zelda for Wii U now and no way in hell I'm going to buy a NX at launch (neither I did with the Wii U, waited and bought the Mario Kart 8 bundle), so I'll be waiting like 2 years to play the next Zelda.
I'm sure this time around the NX version will be superior, not like Twilight Princess where the controls and mirrored world were the only changes.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
add Zelda being ported to NX too.
Didn't realize what you meant until I read that twitter post confirming it, thanks. If anyone else feels like something needs to be added to the OP for easy viewing access, just speak up (as long as it's actually a viable rumor/confirmation and not just a speculation)

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
you now stated that your are not the kind of person that buy games or console on impulse.
you know me soo well now.
I bought the PS4 on launch day. I was satisfied with my PS3 and it was certain that PS4 was gonna receive lots of games and the near launch titles were pretty good (inFamous Second Son is awesome). Knowing that the PSPlus support was coming helped too.
All while the Wii U didn't had anything particularly good at the time.

3 months difference are not enough to motivate playing the inferior version anyway.
I mean, you would buy a nx mario kart bundle on let's say 2018, what difference on 18 months vs 24 to play the BEST version?
same way what the difference to play the Infeorior version for 3 months less on a range of 18/24 months when you eventually decide to buy the NX bundle?

my advice is this:

-buy zelda U on march 2017
-Play it as quick you can.
-sell it when still you can recover most of the money.
-wait until 2018 when you eventually decide to buy Mario Kart X NX bundle like you did for wiiu,
- by that time probably zelda could be in the first batch of "player choice" games for 19.90, then buy it to replay if the Best version , or maybe you can have a discount using my nintendo.

in your case this could be more reasonable.
I don't know from where are you pulling those 3 months but the only date we have now is march 2017. I'll wait until something good (other than Zelda) comes out or if the NX situation looks good enough before making the purchase (I also need to save obviously, this things are costly, I have no credit card and don't want it).

Anyway, what I really mean is that if I want to play a game I like to play the best version possible (or at least the more hassle free is case of games that are also released on PC).

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im presuming that the development of games is actually holding the console back, as it will have as many nintendo games in one year than wiiu would have had in 4yrs (8 games?)

Zelda probably shouldnt come to wiiu, that boat sailed in 2015.

My hopes for it will feature 17 dungeons, 9 in hyrule and 8 in lorule/skyloft.
Nintendo generally follows to pattern of light/day maybe it will be day/night.
Probability of it happening 0.01%

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zelda wont have two separate release dates, thats absurd and illogical thinking

Zelda will come to console wiiu and "nx" in march 2017. Thats the only truth nintendo told

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
zelda wont have two separate release dates, thats absurd and illogical thinking

Zelda will come to console wiiu and "nx" in march 2017. Thats the only truth nintendo told

already happened.

march is a month.
months are made of days

a release date is made by a day a month and a year.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking into the history of recent nintendo hardware release dates
Handhelds generally come out in march, While consoles come out in november.
If indeed this is a 2 part release then expect the handheld/controller to come out first

handheld release in march 2017
console release in november 2017

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04...wn-61-percent?abthid=5720ee45400f2efc58000008

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The handheld will belong in the same family, not in its own. Think plastation vr, its a vr console but its still a ps4 thing, not its own seperate thing....

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The handheld will belong in the same family, not in its own. Think plastation vr, its a vr console but its still a ps4 thing, not its own seperate thing....

I don't think that's right. The Wii U Gamepad with its own screen that you can walk away from the TV is akin to the PS4VR...it's more a fancy peripheral than a separate system.

I'm thinking that there will be more along the lines of connecting a PS4 & a PSVita together so you can play the PS4 game on the Vita and take it with you outside the 30ish foot range. 2 completely separate systems that run on a similar OS and that can talk to each other. (Or compare the fact that the PS3 & the PSP both ran on essentially the exact same OS even though their connectivity was very limited since neither was actually built to interact with the other)

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logic says the nx WILL be a portable. As nintendo has long dominated the handheld consoles regardless of specs and graphic resolutions.

It may well be the MAIN component. When the console part hit shelves, it will be the ultimate accessory for it but is also its own thing, both utilizing the same name and its counterpart. Its hard for me to explain my theory of what it is.

Im thinking it will be something along with lines with the Nvidia ShieldPro
nvidia-shield-android-tv-2015-21.jpg

but with ps4 specs and capabilities with its own nintendo twists
http://www.cnet.com/products/nvidia-shield/

Last edited by gameboy,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your pulling stuff from ideas of EARLY 2014, the nvidia shield review came out this week and beat nintendo to the punch (idea-wise)

Last edited by gameboy,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work