Homebrew BAGPlug (SCDS2 Entry)

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zaertix said:
Alright so do the pngs for the covers have to match the game NAME or the ID, because out of the pack they come as IDs.

They have to match the ID, so these from the pack are allright.

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
2-bias said:
Zaertix said:
Alright so do the pngs for the covers have to match the game NAME or the ID, because out of the pack they come as IDs.

They have to match the ID, so these from the pack are allright.

alright so I've just tried using the Pokemon Black cover with my Pokemon game, it doesn't load up.. Is there a setting I'm missing?

nathancnc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black ID is IRBO
White ID is IRAO

As long as the box art's name is the games ID, it will work. The pack has them named correctly, I just substituted the with the NA boxat, as the y both have the same ID.

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you have a CoverArt.ini in your game folder? If not, create a text file with this content and save it as CoverArt.ini and put it in your game folder.

Code:
[Cover Art]
#path to folder with covers
folder = /_bagui/covers/nds
#image type
type = png

Maybe you need to change the folder value to your cover path.

Zaertix

Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
I've tried both. I have the directories all done right, I've even renamed them to be sure. It's just not working.

Someone break it down for me step by step if it isn't too hard just to be sure I didn't miss anything.

(The instructions are so dead grammatically, I can't even bear to make sense of them)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Zaertix said:
I've tried both. I have the directories all done right, I've even renamed them to be sure. It's just not working.

Someone break it down for me step by step if it isn't too hard just to be sure I didn't miss anything.

(The instructions are so dead grammatically, I can't even bear to make sense of them)
alright so you have already made the very same place as the roms (ex: /NDS/CoverArt.ini)
It looks just like this
CODE[Cover Art]
#path to folder with covers
folder = /_bagui/covers/nds
#image type
type = png
To break it down more, in the /_bagui you created a folder called Covers, it was not provided, you need to create it, then created a folder called NDS.
Now you need to download the covers from here
Those covers all work.
Now before doing anything create another folder on your desktop and call it whatever you want, it's not important.
Now this step will make this easier for you.
Open the covers and go into the "NDS rest" folder since it has most of the covers and keep that open
Then boot your DStwo up with BAGPlug installed and highlight a rom and press "select" then open the "Properties"
Now look at the "Game ID" Since I am using Dementium II I will use that game ID.
The game ID Would looks something like "BDEE" something of 4 letters/number.
Now in the cover folder search for those letters/numbers and it will show the cover that matches those letters/numbers, copy those into your folder you created and repeat till you got all the roms IDed
now don't change the names of the covers, just plug your microSD card in and copy the covers into the /_bagui/covers/nds and that will work.

Zaertix

Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
You sir, are my hero yet again. You've helped me time and time again. I was doing exactly that, but I think I wasn't using the right ini. I'm looking at my back up, and I was only missing the / in the /_bagui.

I deleted all my coverart work for nothing
frown.gif

Oh well thank you SO much.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Zaertix said:
You sir, are my hero yet again. You've helped me time and time again. I was doing exactly that, but I think I wasn't using the right ini. I'm looking at my back up, and I was only missing the / in the /_bagui.

I deleted all my coverart work for nothing
frown.gif

Oh well thank you SO much.
No problem
happy.gif

So everything is working now?

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Release 2 - 9 is out now:
-fixed file sorting on root skipping an item
-can toggle whether to hide favorited items in the browser or not. Directory display does not get updated until re-entry
if a new file is added to your favorites (This is not a bug, it prevents lag in folders with lots of files).
-custom icons can either be png or bitmap files and do not need a .ico extension anymore
-improved stylus controls in the settings and open with menus
-added EOS Settings for roms, (press select on a commercial rom or Y in favorites). This lets you switch between
clean/patch mode, turn cheats on/off and select one of the multi saves.

New EOS settings menu
11-4-1-0-21-25.jpg

Eric345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BassAceGold said:
-can toggle whether to hide favorited items in the browser or not. Directory display does not get updated until re-entry
if a new file is added to your favorites (This is not a bug, it prevents lag in folders with lots of files).
-custom icons can either be png or bitmap files and do not need a .ico extension anymore
-added EOS Settings for roms, (press select on a commercial rom or Y in favorites). This lets you switch between

New EOS settings menu
11-4-1-0-21-25.jpg
huh.gif
how much times are they going release another version?

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eric345 said:
BassAceGold said:

New EOS settings menu
11-4-1-0-21-25.jpg
huh.gif
how much times are they going release another version?

As much as he feels it's appropriate, I'm sure. It gets better each time anyway and it's not a bad thing to have good support for a menu.

BassAceGold u r awesome! Any chance u could add .m4a support to the music player?

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BassAceGold said:
Hah, awesome. I thought about asking you, if you could add cheat support and here it is.
biggrin.gif

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
When I haven't got any new idea for menu, BAG go to implement something great and released it!

You are GREAT
hrth.gif
!!!!!!

BassAceGold

Testicles
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Frankenstein Tank said:
BassAceGold u r awesome! Any chance u could add .m4a support to the music player?
Probably not, porting a library to the DSTwo is a pain.

QUOTE(A Gay Little Catboy @ Apr 1 2011, 06:55 AM) Is there anyway you could add Homebrew soft-reset?
This isn't possible on the menu side of things. It would have to be added to the loader, but I can't find any documentation on the subject to add it myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol