Hacking Badge Arcade Region Ban Poll (022-2803)

What region is your banned 3DS?

• Total voters

angelus kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just told them that yesterday I try to play the game and the error appeared and I was frankly surprised (insert sobs here)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How did the conversation go exactly? Did you try to appeal?
I just told them that yesterday I try to play the game and the error appeared and I was frankly surprised (insert sobs here)

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
They don't even think you'll ever play legit again so you can't have it at all? Feels like bullshit, since they didn't even perma-ban people for straight up pirating games last time.

Also, did what error code did you get? 022-2803 or something else? Maybe other codes mean a different kind of ban.

Pirating a game: ~40$ "loss" for Nintendo.
Cheating in Badge Arcade: ~800 badges / 5 = potentially ~160$ "loss" (if you never fail and never pick up the same badge (I don't know if that's possible, since I played this thing for like 5 minutes)).

So while it's completely stupid from a gamer's point of view, from a purely economic point of view, it makes sense :P

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Pirating a game: ~40$ "loss" for Nintendo.
Cheating in Badge Arcade: ~800 badges / 5 = potentially ~160$ "loss" (if you never fail and never pick up the same badge (I don't know if that's possible, since I played this thing for like 5 minutes)).

So while it's completely stupid from a gamer's point of view, from a purely economic point of view, it makes sense :P

That's assuming you've pirated a Nintendo game. If you download a non Nintendo game, then the loss to Nintendo is nill. Also to note, the loss to Nintendo isn't full retail price of the game, it's around half of that (or less). If you're buying a game for $40, the distributor has sold it to the shop for less than the retail price, and Nintendo / game manufacturer has sold it to the distributor for less than the wholesale price.

You are right in your other assessment though. "Stealing" the badges, as you say, has a direct loss to Nintendo themselves. However, that's assuming that we (the collective 'we') would have purchased any actual goes in the first place. Of which I can tell you now, I would not have. Did it give me the right to use it for free, no ? In my case, there was no real loss to Nintendo, as I was never going to buy into the scheme anyway.

Sirence

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't vote in the poll from mobile, but I have been banned on my two EU consoles. I played badge center since it was Japanese only, then played the EU after it came out. I cheated everyday on one console, getting every available badge, and only once in the second, getting a handful badges.

Do we know yet what exactly is banned? Is it just my nnid or the console?

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
If you download a non Nintendo game, then the loss to Nintendo is nill.
That's actually not true, for each game a Third Party sells in the eShop, Nintendo gets 30%.
Let's say, you're Ubisoft, and you released Cubic Ninja (back in the days nobody knew anything about Ninjhax).
You set the price 6000 Yen (or 60 US Dollars, or 60 Euros), and you sell 30 copies over the eShop in 3 months time, then all you will get is:
6000 Yen (or 60 US Dollars, or 60 Euros) * 30 - 30% = 126000 Yen (or 1260 US Dollars, or 1260 Euros).

As for this Thread, I haven't been Banned yet, but that's because I'm not cheating, I don't have CFW Installed, I don't have any EmuNANDs, and I don't have a Gateway.
All I have is MenuHax, and that's sufficient for me.

Last edited by YamiHoshi.nl,

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to ask, what is this kind of game?

It's an arcade grabber where you collect badges that you can use on your home screen.
It cost 90p for 5 tries, if you spend £1.80 in that month you also get a free BA theme.
It's okay if you want to make your home screen looking nice.
I've spent about £4 getting two BA themes, but I now cheat to get the crappy badges ....until I see a theme I like that month! ...people only play it because you can cheat.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the game a few days ago and have cheated twice using Gateway, no ban yet. Eur N3DS on 10.4 emuNAND.

By the way, I'm sure this is the stupidest question ever, but, can you cheat on the eShop, and change your balance?

I doubt it since I am sure that value is saved server-side.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Don't tempt fate! Now I hope it gets you.

For the most part, I have been playing the practice machine legitimately, and at most paying for my plays, and doubling them, so 5 plays = 10, 10 plays = 20, 15 plays = 30, and 20 plays = 40.

If I ever do get the error code, I will call in, and act surprised as to why I am getting the error code, given that I have reduced my cheating a fair amount. :) I will willingly miss badges now.

En Dee Ess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It cost 90p for 5 tries, if you spend £1.80 in that month you also get a free BA theme. I've spent about £4 getting two BA themes, but I now cheat to get the crappy badges ....until I see a theme I like that month! ...people only play it because you can cheat.

This is exactly the reason why I CFW'd my 3DS. Locking basic stuff like minigames behind a paywall is outright ridiculous.

LOLIPOP_MASTER

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Cheated four times and not banned yet, my recommendation: Try cheating only when you get free plays from events or from training machine. Don't use the unlock code to much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: