backup/restore hdd on un-modded console

c3pu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi my xbox like many other xboxs has a leaking capacitor i was looking at my option for repairing it and it looks like the simplest/cheapest solution is to buy a mobo/hdd combo and put them in my curent case.(possibly removing the capacitor on the "new" mobo just to be safe)

There is one major problem(insert how i met your mother joke) though and that is i will loose all my save games.

So is it possible to backup the content of my current hdd before changing the mobo and then transferring all the save files on the hdd that comes with the new one? All of this on an un-modded console.

c3pu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just had a thought could i hotswap my drive(that as the saves on it) from the old mobo to the new one. would that unlock it and relock it properly?

c3pu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
corrosion damage turned out to be less extensive than i initially thought. so i won't need to replace parts after all. thanks good day/night.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You would need to unlock the drives with your saves if you have a TSOP flashed console and then TSOP flash the new mobo.
You also can unlock and relock the drive with xboxhdm and you eeprom.bin from both mobos.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there r several apps such as fatxplorer that allow u to backup saves or ur profile to ur pc. I think u can use the transfer cable to connect the drive to ur pc or sata cables. it's been a long time since I've used them, but I do remember messing with saves and my profile on an unmodified console using those apps.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
there r several apps such as fatxplorer that allow u to backup saves or ur profile to ur pc. I think u can use the transfer cable to connect the drive to ur pc or sata cables. it's been a long time since I've used them, but I do remember messing with saves and my profile on an unmodified console using those apps.
The pc can't read the drive when it's locked he first would need to unlock the drive with xboxhdm or tsop flash his console and unlock it with configmagic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo