Hardware Backing-up Fantasy Life saves? (without hacking)

guanyu99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I have been playing Fantasy Life for quite some time (like 90 hours) and I would like to back up my saves to my PC.
I've read that the saves are located on the SD card, so that may be possible, isn't it?

I just want a "fallback" if my SD card were to get corrupted. I know that the saves are encrypted and can only be used on the same 3DS

How are the save files named and where are they located? Is there something specific to take care of when restoring?

Thanks for your help!

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hello,

I have been playing Fantasy Life for quite some time (like 90 hours) and I would like to back up my saves to my PC.
I've read that the saves are located on the SD card, so that may be possible, isn't it?

I just want a "fallback" if my SD card were to get corrupted. I know that the saves are encrypted and can only be used on the same 3DS

How are the save files named and where are they located? Is there something specific to take care of when restoring?

Thanks for your help!

I don't think it's possible.
For other games, it'll be as simple as backing up the entire SD card.

However if I'm not mistaken, for games like Fantasy Life, monster hunter, pokemon, animal crossing, one cannot do that,
As they write a "secure value" to your 3DS' internal memory, so that users cannot revert to an older save.

So if you were to lose your recent save, you won't be able to fallback to even the previous save.

The only workaround to this is hacking.

As long as you have access to homebrew (doesnt have to be CFW), JKSAVEMANAGER would work.

Last edited by Queno138,

guanyu99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the useful answer!
Actually my 3DS is still in 9.0 firmware. Maybe I should try and install a custom firmware so that I can install save managers.
Is there a risk of loosing some SD card contents (hence my Fantasy Life savegame) when installing a custom firmware?

Thanks!

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually my 3DS is still in 9.0 firmware. Maybe I should try and install a custom firmware so that I can install save managers.
Is there a risk of loosing some SD card contents (hence my Fantasy Life savegame) when installing a custom firmware?
To backup (and restore) Fantasy Life save files, you don't need CFW; only the normal homebrew FLsavetool is necessary.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Thanks!

As above user mentioned, all you need is to be access Homebrew Launcher (not a CFW), through a exploit.

However, if you do intend to install a CFW, note that the nand (3DS internal memory) is tied to SD card content,
so always back up and label everything appropriately.

If you backed up your Sd card, and you lost the content during transfer,
it is okay to revert back to the previous data, as you weren't playing the game.
(basically in this scenario your Secure value between save and nand matches, because you're effectively replacing the same files)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-