OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't working!!!!!
hate2.gif
I can't get AVIs to work on my r4. I tried BatchDPG, but it freezes on my wingdows 98. I tried to get DPGTool, but it always comes with moonshell and I can't even find it. can someone post a link to something that will work?

Trace II

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how do I convert it!!?!??!??! can you somehow conver AVIs to a format for moonshell? Is there a different AVI veiwer?

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No applications can view AVI format for the NDS. The only way to view it is to convert it to DPG format.

Converting's not hard. Open up the application, drag and drop the video you want and set the options of how you want the video to come out as.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS "can" handle AVI, it "can" emulate SNES, PS1, and plenty of other systems. In fact, there is probably nothing a DS "cant" do. The problem is the right coders haven't come along yet. Anything is possible with the right kind of coding.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
S

spectral

Screw this, I'm getting an M3.

I really hope you are joking, the M3 Simply is exactly the same as the R4 so has the exact same limitations, all DS carts do, there is no way to do what you are trying to do atm no matter what you buy. All the cards use moonshell to play videos and moonshell cant play avi. You are going to have to convert or not watch video, simple as that.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First things first AVI is just a container, it is the codecs you insert that cause hassle and given moonshell only decodes the mpeg1 with MP1 audio layer 2 standards for video then the only real alternative is to make a MPG splitter (DPG is just some streams put together with a header saying where eveything is).

QUOTE said:
but it freezes on my wingdows 98
I am not suprised, try a real decent OS (win2k is a good start) and make sure .net works (I do not know if it does with 98) and you have avisynth properly set up. You could try manual encoding but I sense that may not be to your tastes, post and I will explain.

Moonshell comes with a convertor called DPGtools that may work.

There is also a fairly involved app called EZBuilder, it seems to be released on various Chinese forums and I do not have a current link so you will have search for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp