Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
^Problem is.... taking bending away IS an avatar-exclusive skill. So anything can happen I guess. I like where this is going. Good show so far. :P

taking bending away is not avatar exclusive, theres turtlelions that do it all the time. we dont know if not every bender has the ability to tap into this acient bending art.

also, seeing amon withstand bloodbending calls for hack.
how would it be possible? unless he himself bloodbends too, there should be no way to resist the fact that the blood in your body is lifted or pushed around or whatever.

(on that note, bloodbending should really lead to more deaths, the body isnt made to have blood flow in any other direction than the one it already flows in)
In the Avatar state Aang shuck it off pretty easily so maybe Amon slow walk at the start means it takes him a while to gather the energy to block it. I am questioning why there weren't more prisoners though and why keep some people such as the metal benders.

chances are, in the avatarstate, there's at least one past avatar that was able to bloodbend too. so that explains why he could so easily resist it. or the fact that like 50 waterbenders power in one person is easily equal to one waterbender on full moon. (though i really never understood why they would even need the moonboost, water is water and they never have a problem bending like, muddy water or removing the water from plants or trees)

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm really beating the bush and maybe they had more people they just weren't shown but with Zolt and others were they released or not was never really answered. If they weren't shouldn't they be there since the Equalists weren't paranoid enough to leave the area after the attack on their rally and If they were why not release the metal benders did they see to much I suppose that is possible or they would be released later. I guess it really isn't that important.
well i mean for Amon i'd think the biggest effect would be to have the leader of the Triple threat triads return to the rest of his people a non-bender. and have him walk the streets as one too. Same thing as Tahno and his pro bending team, people worshiped him for his pro bending, so what better way to let people know the power of the equalists than to let the public see their esteemed heroes without the one thing they were famous for

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
chances are, in the avatarstate, there's at least one past avatar that was able to bloodbend too. so that explains why he could so easily resist it. or the fact that like 50 waterbenders power in one person is easily equal to one waterbender on full moon. (though i really never understood why they would even need the moonboost, water is water and they never have a problem bending like, muddy water or removing the water from plants or trees)
I think it has something to do with the resistance of the muscles. Also its a million tiny tendrils of water rather than one big mass and you don't want them to coalesce into a large mass. My guess is that it takes a lot of concentration and power to stop such things happening when waterbending.

Crimson Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
How's the pacing for you guys? I'm just a little dissapointed on how short the seasons. There's been a lot of lost potential here and the lack of character development is kinda sad.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it has something to do with the resistance of the muscles. Also its a million tiny tendrils of water rather than one big mass and you don't want them to coalesce into a large mass. My guess is that it takes a lot of concentration and power to stop such things happening when waterbending.

water is water. katara was able to control vaporized water which is similar to what you describe.
the water in ones body really is just water with a little something added to i, most of the human is water.

the final question here is this: why would some bloodbenders even care? besides it being a kids show still, i really dont understand why tarloks father didnt actually kill everyone in that room.
or why tarlok (god, no idea how its spelled) didnt just freeze the blood in amons heart or something... (or at least create tiny icecrystals that would cut open his veins from the inside and stuff)

as a refined art to control movements i understand you would need concentration. but as a battleskill to beat and kill, it just doesnt make sense anymore

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the final question here is this: why would some bloodbenders even care? besides it being a kids show still, i really dont understand why tarloks father didnt actually kill everyone in that room.
or why tarlok (god, no idea how its spelled) didnt just freeze the blood in amons heart or something... (or at least create tiny icecrystals that would cut open his veins from the inside and stuff)

as a refined art to control movements i understand you would need concentration. but as a battleskill to beat and kill, it just doesnt make sense anymore
you're a dark person. wanting people to die in korra

Fibrizo

Not Valwin
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

water is water. katara was able to control vaporized water which is similar to what you describe.
the water in ones body really is just water with a little something added to i, most of the human is water.

who say he dint try to kill amon but for what i see amon is a damn robot

also dint you see that guy try to kill the avatar the was only save thanks to the avatar state

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ahhh my bad about my assumption regarding bending removal. Anyway.... when BeiFong metalbended her armour to her body, I totally got that IRONMAN!!!! vibe. Do like :D

D

Deleted User

Spoiler Alert

This is all a dream, and is leading up to the next transformers movie.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I cannot believe this show is only getting two seasons. :(

there was only 1 season to start
they only got season 2 said as a GO after the first eps leaked online early and all the feedback of people saying it was amazing

there will be more than 2
just networks have only said they will back another series
2 and a half men only got signed for a series on there last series finale
Big Bang Theroy got signed another 2 series just before there finale

you just got to remmeber you gotta watch it on the TV if you can as those rating count
even if its repeats just set your tv to switch to the channel and watch it

saviorkross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just got to remmeber you gotta watch it on the TV if you can as those rating count
even if its repeats just set your tv to switch to the channel and watch it

Interestingly enough, this really has no effect on total TV show views. Companies that count the number of people watching have a system where they select a group people/families from various age groups and demographics. There's an interesting article here about it. My family was selected for such a program about a year or so ago. Essentially, you're asked to wear a little pager sized device at all times while you're awake. That way, it will pick up signals inaudible to the human ear from broadcasted radio and tv programs no matter where you're tuning in. Then, it sends what you watched/heard to their database every night when the device is recharging. They do pay you a small sum for your trouble, based on your age/sex/etc. $50-ish a month for doing next to nothing is fine by me, lol. Another wikipedia article about it.

As for The Legend Of Korra, I've been trying to catch it from the beginning for the last month or so, but I always just miss it. My cable company has a few episodes on demand, but they start at episode 4. ;(

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
gallery_224880_54_125444.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfNarCjSHM&feature=related

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, some pretty clever guys have put all the pieces together. If you want to remain in the dark about Amon's identity, click below at your own peril.

KFMwg.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit, shit just got real.

All the council members caught, Tenzin new leader, Republic City getting fucked. Damn. and I'm only like 5 minutes in!

AND TO MAKE IT ALL WORSE, THE BABY IS COMING DURING ALL OF THIS!!

EDIT: AND THEY EVEN MANAGED TO INCORPORATE HUMOR INTO ALL OF THIS. This show is amazing.

EDIT2:
AND OH SHIT FIRE NATION GETTING ALL IN THIS BUSINESS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto