OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*sigh* wish I could be more active...
Sorry If you find errors in the text, english's not my mother language. D:

Anyway, I know this game is kind of old, but I picked it up again after a lot of time, and I remembered why I never finished it: the fonts. Those horrible m, w, M and W. A nightmare for someone like me, because I have a very bad eyesight. owo

Since there wasn't a patch for fixing the problem, I tried to make one. Truth to be said, I don't have any kind of experience with romhacking and stuff like that... I just fiddled with a program until I started to understand how the thing worked... so I'm not sure If the patch will be perfect (If you play the game and find something strange, let me know). Hopefully it works.
I tested it for myself for some minutes and it worked, so it should be fine, though.

Here are two screenshot to highlight the four annoying fonts changed:

Original Font | Fixed Font

Well, there is it, for anyone interested. xD
Download Link.

(I used a program called DeltaPatcher to create the patch. You can apply the patch using the same program. It should be applied to the US version of the game, so I don't know If it works on the EU one).
I kind of wish I could do something for Phantasy Star 0, too, but I can't figure out how to open its strange font file. Oh well. Hope someone will find this helpful! (=

Reactions: eyeball226

vondarkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey there....hope you still active in this forum.

Have you consider trying to re map the control for this game?? I mean if you played this game, you must be know the bane of Judgment Link starting from Chp. 2. Then I just think, is it possible to remap the judgment link to R button? Since L and R have same function, why not sacrificing one of them and use it for Judgment Link??

I really like this game. Everything is really unique, but that flaw make me turned off after getting into Chapter 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging