• Views 103,903
  • Replies 276
  • Likes 44

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what I think would be abso-f*cking-lutely amazing...
Atmosphere releases before TX's "modchip dongle", and it causes an outcry of order cancellations!
Not only would that ruin TX's whole payment and licensing strat, but it would also make Atmosphere and Team ReSwitched the so-called "hero" in the CFW market.

Reactions: mariogamer

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesnt this mean we can just make a dongle like tx to push hekate on 5.0.x and have autorcm essentially giving us hekate or atmopshere cfw on coldboot with a dongle just like xecuter but free? So basically everyone gets free coldboot hax now XD
Raspberry Pie or teensy board maybe be. This is worth looking into for sure.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing we know is that there will be a backup loader implemented onto Atmosphere. We don't know when that will be happen. It could happen within days, weeks, or even seconds of Atmosphere's release. The choice is up to you.
a lot of seconds that could be a year

You know what I think would be abso-f*cking-lutely amazing...
Atmosphere releases before TX's "modchip dongle", and it causes an outcry of order cancellations!
Not only would that ruin TX's whole payment and licensing strat, but it would also make Atmosphere and Team ReSwitched the so-called "hero" in the CFW market.

unless they run backups at launch that it will not, people are not cancelling anything, those that want tx want that, not homebrew or an "elegant and free solution" they want piracy, if atmosphere will not do it at launch tx wins nonetheless

Last edited by kamesenin888,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO we've gone full circle. First we do EVERYTHING we can to NOT brick, and now we are INTENTIONALLY BRICKING OUR SYSTEMS!

That's pretty damn funny.
Can you imagine seeing threads like "Guys I need help trying to brick my Switch! I've tried everything and it still works normally!"

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesnt this mean we can just make a dongle like tx to push hekate on 5.0.x and have autorcm essentially giving us hekate or atmopshere cfw on coldboot with a dongle just like xecuter but free? So basically everyone gets free coldboot hax now XD

This is nothing new, people were talking about making dongles since fusee gelee release. So far it's only TX that appears to be doing it to an acceptable standard. You might want to carry a raspberry pi zero around with you, but it's a bit big. If you're going to buy SX OS anyway, then you might as well buy their dongle. I'm not expecting Atmosphere to support piracy in the same way, at least in the short term. They have much work to do first & piracy isn't their aim.

SO we've gone full circle. First we do EVERYTHING we can to NOT brick, and now we are INTENTIONALLY BRICKING OUR SYSTEMS!

That's pretty damn funny.

It's not a brick, it's a recovery mode loop. It's not funny at all, you want to get into recovery mode.

Last edited by smf,

Girtana1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched this at all yet so I apologize if it's a simple answer but how would you go about uninstalling this? I want to try this out but I don't want to be stuck with it.

D

Deleted-442439

OP
I haven't touched this at all yet so I apologize if it's a simple answer but how would you go about uninstalling this? I want to try this out but I don't want to be stuck with it.

You uninstall it the same way you install it ;)

Reactions: Girtana1

shinrukus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used a spare Switch to test this, boot into hetake, let it sleep. Now my Switch is super bricked lol. Maybe im doing something wrong but I can't boot at all anymore. Glad this was a spare lmao

update: So I have tried using my jig to start it (It works on my other Switch) its not even registering in Windows as a connected device anymore. Its completely dead, it was at 92% when I started.

Last edited by shinrukus,

Girtana1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used a spare Switch to test this, boot into hetake, let it sleep. Now my Switch is super bricked lol. Maybe im doing something wrong but I can't boot at all anymore. Glad this was a spare lmao

update: So I have tried using my jig to start it (It works on my other Switch) its not even registering in Windows as a connected device anymore. Its completely dead, it was at 92% when I started.
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

rajkosto

Trophies
XP
Country
Hold the power button for 12 seconds to get it unstuck from broken sleep mode...
there's no need to dissasemble anything or pull batteries... that forces a system power-off even if its fully hung
did you consider your switch completely broken when the initial RCM payloads went into a full-color-screen panic hang mode too ?

Last edited by rajkosto,
Reactions: Dr.doom

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Pull the battery and try again?

D

Deleted-442439

OP

Hold down power for 15 seconds and it will all work again...

D

Deleted-442439

OP
Yep I tried holding it for 10, 15, 30, and 60 seconds, I get nothing at all.

Ok so:

-You installed the payload.

-You ran Hekate and it froze in sleep.

- Now when it boot it again it should go into RCM, but you say Windows does not detec it

So I would say: Hold down power for 12 seconds or longer.

Now tap power once

Connect to PC and try to run Hekate again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo,