Hacking Automatic builds of popular 3DS CFW/Tools

GBHAKC75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep. The updater function to extract both skeith and corbenik is exactly the same, with only the skeith directory changing, so this zip having a different structure would require me to make another function for Skeith.
The zip should have the same structure as Corbenik/Skeith, with everything directly inside it.

Okay, it's done, using a (pretty dirty) trick.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay, it's done, using a (pretty dirty) trick.
All right. I'm done with obtaining the commit, too, so I'll update the files on the server soon. I'll actually not need to update the updater, just update the URLs, which are fetched from my server anyway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Uh, the files seem to be inside an "archive" directory if I use that URL. Uh. Would it not be possible to just zip the whole thing at build time and provide that zip?

Would it also be possible to remove the .clang-format file? I don't remember that being in my out dir when I build Corbenik. It doesn't affect anything, but yeah.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

GBHAKC75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All right. I'm done with obtaining the commit, too, so I'll update the files on the server soon. I'll actually not need to update the updater, just update the URLs, which are fetched from my server anyway.

Uh, the files seem to be inside an "archive" directory if I use that URL. Uh. Would it not be possible to just zip the whole thing at build time and provide that zip?

Would it also be possible to remove the .clang-format file? I don't remember that being in my out dir when I build Corbenik. It doesn't affect anything, but yeah.

Updated the build script to generate a ZIP, so we can avoid Jenkins one, which adds this weird file and put everything in this folder.
Use this link instead : https://jenkins.hakujou.fr/job/3DS/job/Corbenik/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Corbenik.zip

Last edited by GBHAKC75,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Updated the build script to generate a ZIP, so we can avoid Jenkins one, which adds this weird file and put everything in this folder.
Use this link instead : https://jenkins.hakujou.fr/job/3DS/job/Corbenik/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Corbenik.zip
Thank you! I'll update my script now.

All right, now I need someone to test it out.

Can you try out Corbenik CFW Updater: RE? It can be found at TitleDB. Use RE, not the normal one.

Or, @Crystal the Glaceon , could you test it out, please?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Can you try out Corbenik CFW Updater: RE? It can be found at TitleDB. Use RE, not the normal one.

I am about to head out to work, so it will have to be either when I get off or when I go on lunch

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I am about to head out to work, so it will have to be either when I get off or when I go on lunch
Sure. Thank you!
What I need to know is if Skeith updating works, and if the updater shows the commit of Skeith on the bottom screen.

Thank you!

GBHAKC75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Will try it tonight :)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm currently thinking about adding @d0k3 softwares, but I'm a bit hesitating since it could be really risky in case of a commit with a critical bug happens.

Well, I can't discuss that risk away, but critical changes are normally kept out of the master branch until they are tested enough (developed in a special branch until then). Bugs will happen, ofc, but, critical stuff is rather unlikely.

GBHAKC75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I can't discuss that risk away, but critical changes are normally kept out of the master branch until they are tested enough (developed in a special branch until then). Bugs will happen, ofc, but, critical stuff is rather unlikely.

Good to know ! I'll put your projects next, then.

Reactions: d0k3

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Good to know ! I'll put your projects next, then.
Huh. I'd been asked to make an updater for ARM9 payloads, and never did it as ... I didn't particularly put that time into it, but having such a thing as an actual proper buildserver for all of this would make it much easier to manage. I'll continue making it, then, I suppose.

Reactions: GBHAKC75

GBHAKC75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Huh. I'd been asked to make an updater for ARM9 payloads, and never did it as ... I didn't particularly put that time into it, but having such a thing as an actual proper buildserver for all of this would make it much easier to manage. I'll continue making it, then, I suppose.

Honestly, I think it'd be more convenient to have one updated which supports all homebrews. *9 tools, CFWs, even EasyRPG... All in one place would be great.

EDIT : It works ! At least I've good commit number in Corbenik Updater.
You just need to change that font, it's ugly :lol:. Maybe take a look at Decrypt9 for inspiration, I love its UI.

Last edited by GBHAKC75,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Honestly, I think it'd be more convenient to have one updated which supports all homebrews. *9 tools, CFWs, even EasyRPG... All in one place would be great.

EDIT : It works ! At least I've good commit number in Corbenik Updater.
You just need to change that font, it's ugly :lol:. Maybe take a look at Decrypt9 for inspiration, I love its UI.
It's the default LPP-3DS font. Actually, I like it. I'll look into how to change it, though. As for an AIO updater... I've been thinking about that for a long time. I'll give it some more thought.

Reactions: GBHAKC75

GBHAKC75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's the default LPP-3DS font. Actually, I like it. I'll look into how to change it, though. As for an AIO updater... I've been thinking about that for a long time. I'll give it some more thought.

Great !

By the way, support for @d0k3 projects Decrypt9, GodMode9 and Hourglass9 is done, already available at Jenkins :)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Great !

By the way, support for @d0k3 projects Decrypt9, GodMode9 and Hourglass9 is done, already available at Jenkins :)
I'll see what other projects would be nice for this.

Great !

You could (idk if you do already) compile as both GodMode9 and SafeMode9.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It as requested on /r/3dshacks.
When FastHax will add support for everyone, I think it'll be pretty useful to get it "early". They're both actually maintained so why not ?
As for Decrypt9, I recommend you rename it to Decrypt9WIP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto