Hacking Auto RCM TX OS Crash and Now Cant Get Into CFW or Options for OFW

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,539
  • Replies 33
D

Deleted User

OP
Funny thing is my unit was dead dead. It would not even register in RCM. The reason I took it apart is I thought the battery drained and after sitting on the dock for 24 hours it still seemed dead.

Only by chance I unplugged the emmc to check it out since I was in there and see if I could get something, anything to happen. Lo and behold it booted right up to RCM. I don't understand why RCM mode didn't work with a corrupt emmc when it clearly worked without one.

I unplugged emmc while powered off once.

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so after all this im not 100% but I think briccmi is what fixed it coming out of Auto RCM. Wasn't a clear shot and had to fiddle with it. Thank you to all for the suggestions.
Sorry I was in surgery when you asked what to do next. But looks like you figured it out,glad to you did. I actually didn't have an answer as to what to do next,just a few thoughts of stuff you could try using briccmii etc since Rajkosto's tools are life savers. Glad you sorted

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Sorry I was in surgery when you asked what to do next. But looks like you figured it out,glad to you did. I actually didn't have an answer as to what to do next,just a few thoughts of stuff you could try using briccmii etc since Rajkosto's tools are life savers. Glad you sorted

Looks like briccmi fixed my issue by disabling autorcm rebooting and enabling autorcm. Thank you.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All of the issues im seeing reported about Sx crashes and non booting switch's after using SX, all seem to be down to having AutoRCM enabled. I have never had any issues and ive been using SX since launch, Never used AutoRCM tho.......

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to start a new thread about autorcm becasue my kid keeps misplacing the damn jig.

But looking at this situation....did this happen becasue the OP was using SX OS and atmosphere AND CFW and hekkatebukkake Reiterriyaki?

If I just use sx-os and just load XCI files, would I have to worry about ish like this when setting up autorcm???

I too have had ZERO problems, just kid losing his jig

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man this is why AutoRCM scares me a little. I have to cold boot the Switch so infrequently that I am just sticking with using a jig until we get a true warm/cold booting CFW.

Two thoughts.....one for god sakes back up your NAND. Get the hekate_ctcaer_3.2.bin payload. Inject that payload with Tegra and have 64gb+ exFat formatted card. It took me 80min to backup and verify my nand. Second thought that payload does not have to load a secondary .bin from the memory card apparently. It can turn on off AutoRCM and may be possible to use to correct the problem the OP was having.

Remember AutoRCM is essentially glitching/corrupting part of the boot block of the NAND. It seems safe enough, but if it goes awry you are stuck unless you have a backup of your NAND and then eventually they will come up with a way to use a RasPI or something to put your NAND right again.

MosDefinite

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Similar thing happened to me. Sx Os crashed, I could then not get into RCM mode. I had to take apart my switch, unplug the emmc chip, only after that would it boot to RCM mode. I then hot plugged the emmc back in and ran briicmi. Seems something was corrupted, it showed mismatch. So I rebricced and it looked for my bis0 key and fixed something. Now everything is back to normal.

I seriously thought my unit died, battery or emmc or something.

Hi - I did a restore from 7 to 6.2 and I now have the same thing. Wont switch on. Cannot launch RCM.

Can anyone help with instructions on how to unplug the emmc chip please?

Thanks.

MosDefinite

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nice one, that worked and I was able to get into RCM.

Launched bricmii which showed 9 burnt fuses - didnt see any other errors there.

Then launched fusee primary and it booted to the nintendo logo, but then got black screen ERROR CODE 2162-0002. At the bottom it did show (X2) 6.2.0 - which I guess it shows that I am back on 6.2 but with the 9 fuses its not having it (should be 8 for 6.2?).

Any thoughts on what I should do next please? Thanks.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nice one, that worked and I was able to get into RCM.

Launched bricmii which showed 9 burnt fuses - didnt see any other errors there.

Then launched fusee primary and it booted to the nintendo logo, but then got black screen ERROR CODE 2162-0002. At the bottom it did show (X2) 6.2.0 - which I guess it shows that I am back on 6.2 but with the 9 fuses its not having it (should be 8 for 6.2?).

Any thoughts on what I should do next please? Thanks.
Yep. 9 fuses is 7.0.0! I'd just wait a week or so until Atmosphere gets 7.0.0 support without TSEC keys.

Reactions: MosDefinite

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds somewhat similar to what happened to me one time. I just put it in the dock when it seemed dead and it brought it back to life.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then launched fusee primary and it booted to the nintendo logo, but then got black screen ERROR CODE 2162-0002.
Should have used Hekate or SX as both have had fuse CHK bypassing for a year, what cave you crawl out of.?? You can launch any FW version, 6.2 would not be a problem. Use ChoiDujourNX to downgrade. Bricmii is your friend, cycle autorcm to fix shit. Profit...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye