Gen 1 switch stuck in RCM! Diagnosis help please!

Draxnez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was going to update to Horizon 16/AMS 1.5.2 in preparation for Tears to come out and now my Switch is stuck in RCM and I cant get any payloads to fully push. I have not installed the firmware update yet, so I *was* on Horizon 14 / AMS 1.3. All I have done is all I ever did. I booted back to Hekate, popped out my SD card (SanDisk 256gb) and started to work on things on my PC. I was working my job at the same time and I knew it would take a while so I powered off the switch to conserve battery life. Well I finish things up and now I cant inject any payloads. I've tried a basic clean install of Atmosphere, I've tried the SDSetup method with Hekate, I've tried JITS. I've used TegraRCMgui as well as just flat out TegraRCMsmash. (pic) I've had this switch hacked for about 3 years now, and the only time I had an issue SIMILAR to this was *after* a firmware update when Hekate hadnt caught up yet so I just used clean AMS until it did. But this is a new situation for my switch otherwise.

I've tried cables, as some forums have suggested maybe a bad data transfer rate. I've tried short USB-A->C, I've tried my 10ft Anker cable that *frequently* gets used with my Occulus2 for steamVR play, I've even tried the high quality USB-C->C cable that I charge my Occulus with to go from phone to switch with Rekado. Nothing will inject. Its reading as good RCM (see pics) but the end result is always just blank screen. It's currently directly plugged into the wall charger (Nintendo) to ensure its not a power issue.

Please, any help would be appreciated greatly. I've done a full FAT32 slow format to make sure its not a bad sector somewhere, and I've just got nothing else I can think of.

Pic to show the process, it goes to "Not Responding" until I disconnect the switch, then it shows Error RC=-8. I've also included what happens if I use TegraRCMsmash directly.

Attachments

• Help!.png
    Help!.png
    83 KB · Views: 31

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol