ROM Hack Atsumete! Kirby AP discussion

Supakitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like you're meant to either use the alternate software they provided (some kind of AKAIO/YsMenu hybrid?) or use OpenPatch to patch the game. Maybe both.

Supakitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, update:
Here's the error I get when I try to use the OpenPatch included in that AK2 YsMenu thing:
Image%202011-08-08%20at%208.03.31%20PM.png

Got the YsMenu thing set up (feels like a real blast from the past... like I'm using my M3DSS again
tongue.gif
), but it still wouldn't work. Not sure if I'm supposed to use the extinfo thing from that YsMenu pack for other cards since the AK2 YsMenu thing didn't come with an extinfo file. Guess I'll just have to wait for a proper fix from the AKAIO team.

Supakitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrThreeD said:
Its because Kirby's "Ap passer code" isn't written in the readme text..
Right, I understand that much at least. Still, I wonder why they included OpenPatch if it doesn't have patch data for this game.

D

Deleted User

It was in Chinese,so it was probably just put in there because before when the last game on the openpatcher readme was new sometime ago,but now its like..OLD xD

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Supakitsune said:
MrThreeD said:
Its because Kirby's "Ap passer code" isn't written in the readme text..
Right, I understand that much at least. Still, I wonder why they included OpenPatch if it doesn't have patch data for this game.
It's because they wanted to be credited for creating the first anti-anti-piracy patch.

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For those of you with Wood R4, you should be able to use my updates here : http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases. Just don't have an original R4 to confirm for you.

Just copy the files from inside the R4_Clone YSMenu of my v6.67 update to the root of your microSD (so copy YSMenu.nds and TTMenu folder), then download the 5810.3 update and copy/replace the 3 DATs to the TTMenu folder on your microSD.

Then boot Wood, then load YSMenu.nds then Atsumete Kirby (J).

If someone could let me know if this does work, that would be great thankyou
smile.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
That should work fine. YSMenu works on the Original R4, so I don't see why booting it through a .nds file would matter. If nobody else does, I could always try it for the sake of trying it out though.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
retrogamefan said:
For those of you with Wood R4, you should be able to use my updates here : http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases. Just don't have an original R4 to confirm for you.

Just copy the files from inside the R4_Clone YSMenu of my v6.67 update to the root of your microSD (so copy YSMenu.nds and TTMenu folder), then download the 5810.3 update and copy/replace the 3 DATs to the TTMenu folder on your microSD.

smile.gif
I only have enough room on my Micro SD card for the Atsumete! Kirby ROM, so this won't work for me.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
retrogamefan said:

smile.gif
I only have enough room on my Micro SD card for the Atsumete! Kirby ROM, so this won't work for me.

Did you trim your rom? That might give you enough space.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
retrogamefan said:

smile.gif

Did you trim your rom? That might give you enough space.
Considering that I also need space for a save file.... I still don't have enough space.

But I'm probably not trimming the ROM correctly, either.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ganesh2 said:
On my original R4, I'm getting this message:

"rom loading failed "disk errcode=81"

"please reset system"
errcode=81 : File fragmentation on your microSD. Backup microSD to PC, then Full format with the Panasonic SD Formatter to rectify.

please format you microSD, if you get error code -4 is need replace extinfo.dat and infolib only ...

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zerosuit connor said:
Bahaha It's working on my ncard with x menu 2.55. The firmware is like 5 years old...
3 years old maybe but not 5.
wink.gif

I tried also on my old ez5 v1 in clean mode with an old kernel (2007) and it's ok too with a flash 2/4mb flash save.
tongue.gif

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mbmax said:
Zerosuit connor said:
Bahaha It's working on my ncard with x menu 2.55. The firmware is like 5 years old...
3 years old maybe but not 5.
wink.gif

I tried also on my old ez5 v1 in clean mode with an old kernel (2007) and it's ok too with a flash 2/4mb flash save.
tongue.gif
Strange how older firmwares/kernels play this game better than new ones...

Edit) One of my friends say they got the game working, with saving, on their Acekard 2i. They say they have the latest firmware and haven't patched the game. They also say they're using patched mode with soft-reset off.

...Wait, nevermind. Now I don't believe them. They just told me the game's in 100% english, too. I should have known they were trying to troll me.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retrogamefan's idea does indeed work for Wood R4 as well, I just tested it. The game starts and runs just fine, and you can load and save. If I find any freezes, I'll be sure to post them here. As we all know, Wood R4's .sav files are "XXXX.nds.sav". YSmenu only recognizes "XXXX.sav" as .sav files, so if you want to play any other games besides Kirby on YSmenu, you'll have to go in and manually change the file extension yourself if you want to continue any game you've been playing through.

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
man, no AKAIO fix is driving me crazy.... i don't even wanna play that bad, i'm just not used to the wait. well played, HAL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speedcum
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean what would you really need that fast for tho, 500mb streams 4k fine. 1gb should be fine for 8k eventually. That's what I just switched to Spermrum.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I was funny to have both networks running lol
    It was cheaper lol
    The only reason I switched was $$$
    Might have only been like 7 bucks but thats like 84 dollars at the end of the year lol
    840 dollars after 10 years
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope I can be rich enough to pay all bills annually someday
    +2
    Not that I will save the money, rather I will just spend it on other crap lol
    lol just do autopay it's as lazy as it gets
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 tell uremum to start charging, then you keep the money
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I charge your wife rent at this point
    +1
    Now serving number E73
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, maybe she will leave me the f alone, now I can drink, smoke, and play my games in peace!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!