Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This page is a fucking masterpiece. Congratulations, everyone.

As for Atmosphere, there isn't anything particularly important in it to be hanging off every tidbit of information anymore. Sad to say, that until a release happens, this dramatic tx vs rs thing ain't so hype anymore. All we've established is that Jakkal is a shill, and everyone else is kind of meh on it, especially with ReiNX on the way.

legendheaven

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As for Atmosphere, there isn't anything particularly important in it to be hanging off every tidbit of information anymore. Sad to say, that until a release happens, this dramatic tx vs rs thing ain't so hype anymore. All we've established is that Jakkal is a shill, and everyone else is kind of meh on it, especially with ReiNX on the way.
Rei is fake too... %99 and 5 hours and no evidence and only homebrew and and and...

Reactions: veddermandan

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a beta tester, I assure you it is not.

The haters gotta hate.

They dont realize that ReiNX and Atmosphere are not in a competition, and that the backup loaders developed for ReiNX can likely be ported to atmosphere later. Atmosphere can benefit from ReiNX, and ReiNX can benefit from Atmosphere. Both projects being conducted with different design goals is actually good for the community, and everyone walks away a winner.

Instead, they want to root for *OUR TEAM!*, possibly because society has programmed modern society (especially American society-- don't get me started...) to think this way. Community development is collaborative and mutative. It is not competitive.

The only true competition is SX from Team Executor, and only because it has a profit motive and is closed source.

I have no reason to believe that ReiNX is vaporware. Too many people have shown their NX booting the beta, and demonstrating it running. Unless they are all epic trolls, which I highly doubt (Occam's razor is a thing yo, and conspiracies are really difficult things with lots of added requirements indeed), we should have a free CFW with backup loaders very soon.

Atmosphere can then continue to be developed without the constant pressure of those people hell-bent on piracy, as the "mighty need!!" will have been satisfied already. The project can continue without lots of bitching and moaning, and stay true to its design goals.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beta tester? is it 99% ? what u mean with 99%? :D
I mean it makes my dick hard by looking at it
Seriously though, it's almost done. There is one really frustrating thing in the way of completion, then it is done. Thank you for your patience.

Can we talk about Atmosphere now?

EDIT: swear to christ if i get a warn over this thread
i'm trying really hard to stay on-topic, i swear
have mercy

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
The haters gotta hate.

They dont realize that ReiNX and Atmosphere are not in a competition, and that the backup loaders developed for ReiNX can likely be ported to atmosphere later. Atmosphere can benefit from ReiNX, and ReiNX can benefit from Atmosphere. Both projects being conducted with different design goals is actually good for the community, and everyone walks away a winner.

Instead, they want to root for *OUR TEAM!*, possibly because society has programmed modern society (especially American society-- don't get me started...) to think this way. Community development is collaborative and mutative. It is not competitive.

The only true competition is SX from Team Executor, and only because it has a profit motive and is closed source.

I have no reason to believe that ReiNX is vaporware. Too many people have shown their NX booting the beta, and demonstrating it running. Unless they are all epic trolls, which I highly doubt (Occam's razor is a thing yo, and conspiracies are really difficult things with lots of added requirements indeed), we should have a free CFW with backup loaders very soon.

Atmosphere can then continue to be developed without the constant pressure of those people hell-bent on piracy, as the "mighty need!!" will have been satisfied already. The project can continue without lots of bitching and moaning, and stay true to its design goals.
Exactly this. Both atmosphere and ReiNX will gain from each other's progress. This is no competition. TX is harmful for the long run because it is not contributing to the community as it is closed source.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The truth hurts
Show me the hype for atmosphere...

99 percent of people who wanted to hack their switch got what they wanted already

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
The truth is that Atmosphere (and possible ROM loader forks) will make SX and any competition obsolete just like Luma3DS made any flashcart obsolete. Deal with it.

Reactions: deanspeed

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good for you
I have all that I won't for my switch as it is right now

Xci loading
Nap install
homebrew

All the fancy sphere this and sphere that and it's just barebones

Let's hope someone forks it and make it better
When it has all of its planned features implemented, it will be better than everything else, unless they too add those features. Things like emuNAND (useful for keeping a completely clean sysNAND for those worried about bans), custom plug-ins for a ntr cfw type experience, cheat code implementation, custom error codes, and having error codes not get officially logged, just to name a few. Really features for people who care about homebrew instead of just piracy. If you only care about piracy then you already have everything you want. If you care about homebrew you are likely interested in the additional features planned for atmosphere.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
When it has all of its planned features implemented, it will be better than everything else, unless they too add those features. Things like emuNAND (useful for keeping a completely clean sysNAND for those worried about bans), custom plug-ins for a ntr cfw type experience, cheat code implementation, custom error codes, and having error codes not get officially logged, just to name a few. Really features for people who care about homebrew instead of just piracy. If you only care about piracy then you already have everything you want. If you care about homebrew you are likely interested in the additional features planned for atmosphere.

Again, Emunand is a niche concept that won't matter for ~90% of us already in this mess. Not to mention a huge block of SD space. Everything else will come to just about everything else... So, saying "better than everything else" is jumping the gun, don't you think?

Reactions: veddermandan

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Again, Emunand is a niche concept that won't matter for ~90% of us already in this mess. Not to mention a huge block of SD space. Everything else will come to just about everything else... So, saying "better than everything else" is jumping the gun, don't you think?

If emunand helps in preventing bans, then why is it so niche? It is also another method for people on lower firmwares to play latest firmware games as well

I think its worth it 32gb space.

Reactions: Tattorack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge