Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, there's "revamp all the makefiles" all aboard the project https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere. I don't know what that means, but sounds cool :D
From what I can see, it's now getting close to being a public release.
All parts of atmosphere are starting to get compiled together to one main output as opposed to before being their individual parts and outputs.

xenofly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I can see, it's now getting close to being a public release.
All parts of atmosphere are starting to get compiled together to one main output as opposed to before being their individual parts and outputs.
So, those hits are true! Thanks for the great info! :D

HYYYYYYPE!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how close we are to the actual release ^^
Anywhere from tomorrow to the end of time.

In all honesty, I don't know. I'm ecstatic at the thought of a cfw that has working sleep mode.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, it's "close", but not like "release coming in 24 hours close".
There's still things to be done, and I'm not even sure if they have emuNAND working yet. Just calm down, it could just be simple changes to work towards a future release while still being a bit off.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Guys, it's "close", but not like "release coming in 24 hours close".
There's still things to be done, and I'm not even sure if they have emuNAND working yet. Just calm down, it could just be simple changes to work towards a future release while still being a bit off.
I thought emunand was low priority?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m 4.1.0, is there any advantage on being in this fw?
You will get access to the CFW at the same time as everyone else, as long as you don't mind shorting a pin or 2. There is a softmod that you can utilize but it may not be released until the new revision of Nintendo Switches are released into the wild

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly not certain. They may release it before emuNAND is ready, but one of the main points of creating atmosphere in the first place was to have emuNAND so users in lower firmwares could play newer games in an update emuNAND.

See, but I (personally) see no need for an emunand with what we're getting. Maybe on newer hardware revisions. However, we'll have permanent access to homebrew/cfw on any firmware for a time to come.

I guess with efuses you'd have to backup your nand with every update, so maybe not?

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, but I (personally) see no need for an emunand with what we're getting. Maybe on newer hardware revisions. However, we'll have permanent access to homebrew/cfw on any firmware for a time to come.

I guess with efuses you'd have to backup your nand with every update, so maybe not?
If they go with emunand they can put patches in such that it doesn't burn fuses when you update your emunand (they would have to, otherwise when you booted your sysnand there would be a kernel panic). I don't know if you could get away with sysnand-only cfw at this point, I think that it's probably worth keeping them seperate at this point so the devs at least get a chance to poke and prod for more software exploits before just rolling over them entirely.

Reactions: Kioku

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except for higher fw you are bound to using some kind of hardware exploit to enter RCM, albeit an extremely simple exploit.
Lower firms will have the advantage of using software to enter RCM, and with jamais vu/Deja vu they will have a way to boot cfw without needing RCM.
So there are a few reasons to stay low, though for many people those reasons aren't/weren't enough to stay.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Except for higher fw you are bound to using some kind of hardware exploit to enter RCM, albeit an extremely simple exploit.
Lower firms will have the advantage of using software to enter RCM, and with jamais vu/Deja vu they will have a way to boot cfw without needing RCM.
So there are a few reasons to stay low, though for many people those reasons aren't/weren't enough to stay.
Which won't mean much if we have a coldboot cfw coming our way. Still, the efuses are currently the only justified reason for emunand imo. Oh well, won't complain either way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...