Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Darn, and I bought a PS4 instead of a Switch.
I'm at that point to choose between a PS4 or a switch... The PS4 can be jailbroken and play backup games (PKG), but the switch can't play "hacked" games yet...

How has the PS4 been so far??

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at that point to choose between a PS4 or a switch... The PS4 can be jailbroken and play backup games (PKG), but the switch can't play "hacked" games yet...

Currently on a vacation. Easily was able to bring my switch with me and play multiplayer on the trip here. Can't do that easily with ps4.
0f48b115d84757da0a72685859c270e4.jpg
784d3ef1697e926888cfb8490a8c2734.jpg
80e632e2f0550cd37aef421165533f00.jpg

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch already supports otg cables (on-the-go cables). They go from micro usb/USB C to standard USB female to plug USB devices into the system. But I have a type C otg adapter and it works prefectly fine for anything the console natively supports for its usb connections so I don't know why they are asking for that.
I'm 93% certain that OTG is "over the ground" (versus "over the air")

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Currently on a vacation. Easily was able to bring my switch with me and play multiplayer on the trip here. Can't do that easily with ps4.
0f48b115d84757da0a72685859c270e4.jpg
784d3ef1697e926888cfb8490a8c2734.jpg
80e632e2f0550cd37aef421165533f00.jpg
Omg you are make me want to buy switch even more now!! :P
Did you bring the docking station with you or just the handheld? :)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Third party docking stations (choose carefully, read up an which ones dont destroy your Switch.. ;) ) are now not much bigger than simple dongles, so you dont have to choose. (Or as Apple would be telling you - you always have packing space for a few dongles.. ;) )

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The PS4 is great. I have PSN+ and the PSVR. It's really fun to play. I won't be modifying this console as I need to keep PSN access because I have gone "all digital" and I don't want to risk getting banned. Online has become such a vital component of gaming I would hate to be restricted to a system version that couldn't go online. Maybe in the future I'll pickup another for offline/modding purposes.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Yet all of what you are describing has nothing to do with "online" necessarily. :)

Digital only could be designed with none revocable licenses, for example.
Discless gaming could be designed to include physical retail copies as well.

The whole "i'm not allowed to own games anymore - I'm only borrowing and have to remain in good standing with the company" stuff is artificially designed. :)

Now, If you had said, I like the "gaming as a service concept", where I dont ever know what I am getting, when I am purchasing the game (first two weeks), and where the manufacturer dripfeeds me easy to produce content (that would never qualify for an "expension") within the span of one and a half years - now you would have had a point. ;)

Also - if you had said, that you cant live without online multiplayer (Splatoon, and...?) - you would have had a point.

Just presuming, that no console manufacturer would ever allow hacked systems on their networks for anything but license validation.

What you did, basically - is to "go for most easy and convenient", then conflate it with online. Then say, that you cant live without online, but still meaning "most easy and convenient - and readily available".

The battle some of us are up against - is to explain to people like you, that what choices you are getting as a "borrower of games" (as long as my account stays active!), is designed by the manufacturers as well. Not god given. Which is why you shouldnt always go for "easy and convenient" as fast as you usually do - because it will lead to unintended side effects -

like no used games market anymore, thats not manufacturer controlled. No independent game stores anymore, ...

And the benefits you think you are getting are not at all related to necessity, but to more to "design".

Last edited by notimp,

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If the Emunand is 32GB+, does that mean that we can use most of that space via "Emunand internal storage", so it's not actually lost space at all?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Emunand is 32GB+, does that mean that we can use most of that space via "Emunand internal storage", so it's not actually lost space at all?
No. Because 32GB is needed to copy the whole Internal Storage image in the first place, AND system data already takes plenty of so call 32GB on the internal storage.

Last edited by tivu100,

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yet all of what you are describing has nothing to do with "online" necessarily. :)

The whole "i'm not allowed to own games anymore - I'm only borrowing and have to remain in good standing with the company" stuff is artificially designed. :)

Now, If you had said, I like the "gaming as a service concept", where I dont ever know what I am getting, when I am purchasing the game (first two weeks), and where the manufacturer dripfeeds me easy to produce content (that would never qualify for an "expension") within the span of one and a half years - now you would have had a point. ;)

Also - if you had said, that you cant live without online multiplayer (Splatoon, and...?) - you would have had a point.

Just presuming, that no console manufacturer would ever allow hacked systems on their networks for anything but license validation.

What you did, basically - is to "go for most easy and convenient", then conflate it with online. Then say, that you cant live without online, but still meaning "most easy and convenient - and readily available".

The battle some of us are up against - is to explain to people like you, that what choices you are getting as a "borrower of games" (as long as my account stays active!), is designed by the manufacturers as well. Not god given. Which is why you shouldnt always go for "easy and convenient" as fast as you usually do - because it will lead to unintended side effects -

like no used games market anymore, thats not manufacturer controlled. No independent game stores anymore, ...

And the benefits you think you are getting are not at all related to necessity, but to more to "design".
Which is why I "pirate". I buy the games in the platform to keep the economy going, but exert my personal right to do WTF I want by modding my system and running backups. I love Nintendo, and love is really the word, but I will not tolerate that they do not allow me to backup my save games because of "Pokémon piracy".

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I haven't had a need to pirate anything on the Switch so far. Region-free, no censorship, able to afford it.

I just wanna cheat in the grindy single player games like materials for BotW, Xenoblade 2 affinity Trust, Hyrule Warriors materials/Rupees, stuff like that :P.

Reactions: Onibi

Mrdx

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
It looks like many things have been commited to the code yesterday by SciresM (it has been 12 days since the last commits), I just wish I could read those code lines :(

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
It looks like many things have been commited to the code yesterday by SciresM (it has been 12 days since the last commits), I just wish I could read those code lines :(

im not in to coding but from what i can tell exo is nearly done and final touches with Fusee, Maybe Im wrong i have no clue actually just feeling it in my blood
Good Luck Scires, Any teaser Videos Soon

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I get your point and I understand how you feel. I was also against digital purchases for a long time, but not having to go to the store and the discounts make up for the downsides. I require online for PSN+ stuff like uploading game saves to the cloud, the many 3rd party applications that extend the capabilities of the console and of course for online gaming. If I just wanted offline/single player games and a no frills experience I would have to purchase a second PS4, but I enjoy the PS4 online component and the benefits associated with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to