Hardware At what FPS do gba vc games run.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why do some reddit users say that the gba is emulated. I think it is not. I would like to know the framerate of gba games.

First it's not emulated it runs on the real hardware and it ruins pretty much perfectly since it's not emulation

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do some reddit users say that the gba is emulated. I think it is not. I would like to know the framerate of gba games.
They run at the same framerate they would on a GBA?
The GBA stuff is being run natively.. the 3DS calls back to GBA hardware like the Wii U calls back to Gamecube hardware (Nintendont)

Reactions: NoNAND

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It should run the same as the original console, it is native hardware after all.
That doesn't mean games will always run at 60 FPS, since any games that lagged on the GBA will (probably) still lag on the 3DS.

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It should run the same as the original console, it is native hardware after all.
That doesn't mean games will always run at 60 FPS, since any games that lagged on the GBA will (probably) still lag on the 3DS.
Oh ok. But im curious. If u solder a gba slot to the main board will it play gba carts

Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh ok. But im curious. If u solder a gba slot to the main board will it play gba carts
Where would you solder it? There probably isn't any left over pins for the GBA slot.
Plus you'd have no way to boot the GBA cart, since the home menu lacks an icon for it (might be able to be worked around with homebrew though)

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would be pretty epic, andverrrry interesting!
No, it wouldn't be, because it's not a thing. There are no GBA cartridge slot pins on the 3DS SoC. IIRC they aren't present on the DSi SoC either, though the DSi SoC does have remnants of the second DS cartridge slot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn