The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Lots of people have announced success, although a brick is still possible.

Nevertheless, fantastic news!

EDIT: I didn't realise this was a final version downgrader, this is even better!!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I must say it's great news even though I don't own a PSP.
I didn't want to buy a PSP but since we can downgrade, I might reconsider...

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a psp, and sold it cause I couldnt downgrade, this is good news.

Well, I counldnt downgrade, and the loading times are horrible for psp games.

notchristopher

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well finally my psp is useful again. After beating all the best games to death, I was getting bored with it. It worked fine for me but be sure to read all the directions carefully, even tho a lot of people did it fine their still are some bricked psps out there.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I must say it's great news even though I don't own a PSP.
I didn't want to buy a PSP but since we can downgrade, I might reconsider...
there's a modchip which lets you downgrade from any firmware as often as you want...I think it also lets you play homebrew with newer firmware version...
it costs about 100$ though, so you should wait a bit until it gets cheaper (or until there's a cheaper competitor
wink.gif
)

salv

Male Nurse
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
good for the people that upgraded and all. meanwhile i just updated to 2.00 again to play socom for the long weekend (plus the summer break has started) so its easily sailing for now. downgrading was a pain in the ass for me. ive done it like 4 tmes already.
real good news!

oh and im realllly looking forward to the N64 Emulator for the PSP thats able to run mario, zelda and goldeneye at full speed and sound

w00t this summer might be good for psp hombrew.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'm currently running fw 1.5 and emulating fw 2.5. I can't wait till I can run fw 2.71 on my 1.5 psp. I'll finally be able to buy another game
smile.gif
Loco Roco looks like a really unique game, plus there's Tekken and Ridge Racer 2 coming out, finally some good games worth playing!

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
If anyone remembers my ordeals with PSP vs DS (bought ds, sold it for PSP, sold it for PS2, bought DS, bought PSP) I'd have to be quite ashamed to have gotten rid of an original fw 1.5

Also I hear talks of a 1.5>1.0 downgrader in the works, pretty sweet huh?

Sony, there is no stopping us >=)

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea I tried the 2.5/2.6 downgrader on my friends PSP. He got one late in the game and when he learned of the homebrew he wanted to try it but he couldn't get the GTA thing to work. So when the downgrader came out we tried it and it worked so he is very happy now. Also the 1.5-1.00 downgrader is out now, but just like with the other recent downgrader you have to find someone with an original 1.0 PSP so you can get the firmware dump. I think that will be alot harder to find than the 1.5 people because I don't think too many people have a 1.0 PSP anymore.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
be careful though there is a greater risk of bricking if ur psp is a TA-082, their also planning on releasing a 1.5 to 1.0 downgrader so its all good news from the psp homebrew community now..too bad i cant downgrade my 2.6 since i cracked the screen today
rofl2.gif
but ill definitely downgrade my 1.5
biggrin.gif

If u wanna check wether ur psp is a TA-082:TA-082

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is already an upload of the 1.0 firmware dump needed for the downdater

http://rapidshare.de/files/25096484/DOWNDATER.rar.html

I tried it and it does work you just need the downdater program as these are just the 1.0 files. Also just so you know there are a number of programs and emulators that don't work on 1.0. Plus you have to convert the eboot files back so they will work for 1.0 which is a hassle. I just wanted to see if it works and it does. But 1.0 doesn't offer anything that 1.5 doesn't so I upgraded back to 1.5 which seems to be the holly grail of firmware.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
actually 1.0 can run some unsigned custom firmware so it can function identically to the undiluted platinum mod chip and run custom firmwares on a psp.

Resident0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So how good is this DOWNDATER thing, im downgrading today when my gf brings her GTA over (I traded mine in) but have they fixed all those game save problems (can't save on most 2.0+ games) or is this a thing of the past now?

I see Tekken works on it too, woo!

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So how good is this DOWNDATER thing, im downgrading today when my gf brings her GTA over (I traded mine in) but have they fixed all those game save problems (can't save on most 2.0+ games) or is this a thing of the past now?

I see Tekken works on it too, woo!

i hav no experience with game saves not working, iv been playing me and my katamari and megaman maverick hunters for weeks on my 1.5 using daziso loader and they save fine, currently only 2.7+ games cannot be run since they hav a decrpted prx and devhook cant emulate them but a 2.7 prx decrypter has been released so soon it will be possible to play newer games(Loco Rocco her i come) using devhook.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.