Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atleast your system still boots lol my o3ds was black screen bricked after downgrading to 2.0 earlier. haha Already restored and fixed though.
Restoring my NAND as we speak with decrypt9 lol.
The best thing about my frakenfirmware when updating via acnl was that I still had homemenuhax even on 4.5

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I found a downgrade pack for 2.1.0-4U in the place where most people go to get downgrade packs (wasn't in the post, but was in the mega folder) however, right after installing the home menu (I can confirm it installs that fine, since it boots afterwards and has the old home menu layout) it gives me the "Error, please press and hold the power button to shut down the console" message... based on what @MassExplosion213 is saying, it looks like I'll need to manually install some titles? I'm up for that if it means having a9lh... it appears that it first errors when starting to downgrade the system modules (which would mean that it's almost done) so it probably would just be NATIVE_FIRM and a few other titles to get going and that'd be awesome... I have a hardmod (and have restored my NAND a few times already, and tried again, thinking it was possibly a bad download or something...)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I found a downgrade pack for 2.1.0-4U in the place where most people go to get downgrade packs (wasn't in the post, but was in the mega folder) however, right after installing the home menu (I can confirm it installs that fine, since it boots afterwards and has the old home menu layout) it gives me the "Error, please press and hold the power button to shut down the console" message... based on what @MassExplosion213 is saying, it looks like I'll need to manually install some titles? I'm up for that if it means having a9lh... it appears that it first errors when starting to downgrade the system modules (which would mean that it's almost done) so it probably would just be NATIVE_FIRM and a few other titles to get going and that'd be awesome... I have a hardmod (and have restored my NAND a few times already, and tried again, thinking it was possibly a bad download or something...)
I'll have 1.0E CIAs soon.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't know, this probably isn't for you. It's really developer only atm. Not user friendly whatsoever..
I'm not sure. The process seems pretty streamlined, just very ambitious. The only hard part is dumping the OTP for regular users. The rest of the process seems to be as simple as getting some files which are obtainable without much confusion and compiling arm9loaderhax.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. The process seems pretty streamlined, just very ambitious. The only hard part is dumping the OTP for regular users. The rest of the process seems to be as simple as getting some files which are obtainable without much confusion and compiling arm9loaderhax.
Yea, but if your payload is wrong..remember, we still have no screen init..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock