Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

trucx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the Plailect Guide for installing arm9loader with AuReiNAND. I'm stuck at the part where I have to open Decrypt9 from arm9loaderhax. I hold L+R at boot but it does nothing and takes me to the home menu. I've tried removing menuhax, but still nothing. I went into HBL to go into Decrypt9. A red screen popped up, followed by black, red again, then back to HBL menu. Not sure what to do now.

bunny_gg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
...Continued from Summary of differences from prior *hax (2/3)...
  • No known way to prevent the continued use of A9LHax (can't fix with firmware/software updates)

Does that mean if I have had an a9lhax CFW sysnand already, Nintendo will never have ways to fix that unless they completely change the way a 3ds works from Hardware to software?

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question regarding arm9lh. Ive noticed that whenever I play games on my o3ds the battery meter light seems to go straight from blue to flashing red (as opposed to blue>solid red>flashing red). Does anyone else seem to have this problem? To be fair it isnt a major problem but im just curious to know if arm9lh continuously runs in the background, to the point where it takes up a little extra battery life

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
I have a question regarding arm9lh. Ive noticed that whenever I play games on my o3ds the battery meter light seems to go straight from blue to flashing red (as opposed to blue>solid red>flashing red). Does anyone else seem to have this problem? To be fair it isnt a major problem but im just curious to know if arm9lh continuously runs in the background, to the point where it takes up a little extra battery life
at me it works as normal

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia

A9lh only works on boot. It doesn't run on the background. Sounds like you have a faulty battery or any other non-a9lh things

Reactions: naivegirl2411

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the Plailect Guide for installing arm9loader with AuReiNAND. I'm stuck at the part where I have to open Decrypt9 from arm9loaderhax. I hold L+R at boot but it does nothing and takes me to the home menu. I've tried removing menuhax, but still nothing. I went into HBL to go into Decrypt9. A red screen popped up, followed by black, red again, then back to HBL menu. Not sure what to do now.

I cant find the reply supster gave me when I had this problem but IIRC you have to have the latest release of decrypt9

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
could somebody explain what screen initialization is? I've seen multiple threads mention this but none explaining it.
If you want to see a splash screen when you power your 3DS on, then you would need to have an A9LH fork that HAS screen-init. Some other payloads need screen-init so you can use them, such as Decrypt9, CtrBootManager9 etc.(because how can you use something when the screen doesn't work?)

Aurora Wright has 2 A9LH forks. One with screen-init and one without. BUT, her A9LH fork that DOESN'T have screen-init, lets other payloads have screen-init.

Reactions: codeluca

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to see a splash screen when you power your 3DS on, then you would need to have an A9LH fork that HAS screen-init. Some other payloads need screen-init so you can use them, such as Decrypt9, CtrBootManager9 etc.(because how can you use something when the screen doesn't work?)

Aurora Wright has 2 A9LH forks. One with screen-init and one without. BUT, her A9LH fork that DOESN'T have screen-init, lets other payloads have screen-init.
ok thanks! i use aureinand and i get a splash screen, so i guess im good.

trucx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant find the reply supster gave me when I had this problem but IIRC you have to have the latest release of decrypt9

I thought I did have the latest release. Anyways, I re-downloaded the zip file to make sure and replaced all the Dycrypt9 files with the new ones, but it still does the same thing I mentioned in my first post.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I did have the latest release. Anyways, I re-downloaded the zip file to make sure and replaced all the Dycrypt9 files with the new ones, but it still does the same thing I mentioned in my first post.
You renamed Decrypt9WIP.bin to default.bin and dropped it into /aurei/payloads/ ? And you have all of the required keys in the root of your SD card?

Last edited by urherenow,

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nope, I'm using that fork since the last commit and is pretty much stable...

Yes, it could work, BUT dark-samus himself said to not use without an hardmod it since he tests features on his repo which could brick your 3DS... That doesn't mean EVERY commit is broken.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here is a new devbuild of BootCTR9.
In this build I use the cleaned up code for screen init from dark samus fork, the arm11bg thread is now copied to another location, instead of using the code directly inside of the arm9payload.
Also I added some the framebuffer addresses to the a11comand struct, which now looks like this:
Code:
typedef struct {
    vu32 a11ControllValue;
    vu32 version;
    vu32 brightness;
    vu32 fbTopLeft;
    vu32 fbTopRigth;
    vu32 fbBottom;
    volatile int setBrightness;
    volatile int enableLCD;
} a11Commands;

This build is based on this commit.