Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I too would like to know if firm 0 and firm 1 are blocked without setting an updatedsys nand flag. I have asked in the AuReiNand forum but no clear response. Kindly let me no if you get an answer to this.

Anyways, because it is unknown, I will be using a older version of aureinand when it comes time to update arm9 via 3dsx. I wonder if thats whe that guy bricked his n3ds a few pages back, because he tried to update when firm0 and firm1 was blocked.
Thanks for confirmation. So if it blocks then trying to update arm 9 from HBL would not work out partially work and possibly lead to brick. Good to know. So sound update arm 9 from 3dsx on aureinand then, use another cfw without block.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for confirmation. So if it blocks then trying to update arm 9 from HBL would not work out partially work and possibly lead to brick. Good to know. So sound update arm 9 from 3dsx on aureinand then, use another cfw without block.
What? You can update A9LH on AuReiNAND just fine.

FIRM0/FIRM1 being blocked don't mean anything besides being able to update sysNAND...

Reactions: democracy

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updatedsysnand flag has nothing to do with whether FIRM writes are blocked or not. It just determines whether sysnand autoboots or whether emunand autoboots.

The FIRM writes blocking patch is applied automatically, but you can force the behavior to always be true with the installeda9lh flag.
Wow, thanks, didn't even know about that additional flag, that goes in the rei folder too I take it.

Dark05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if u using plailect's guide u can disable screen init in boot_config.ini. change screen enable to 0 instead of 1

Thanks for the answer, but it had already found out alone. but now when i hold L while booting, can't see the cakecfw menu.. but it's ok if I need it once I change the config back

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press L, or if you want to automatically boot into sysnand, make a file called "updatedsysnand", but remove the .txt extension.
Then place it in the /rei/ folder on your SD card.
when i hold L, the 3ds gives me the reinand screen forever. Im using the reinand arm9loaderhax.bin. Should i use another one?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright. I've had alot of questions. Hopefully this is the last one. Is there anyway for it
It works.. but you won't be able to use things that require the 9.0 FIRM. (Things such as Decrypt9, etc. Not that it'll matter anymore, since you can launch D9 with L+R.)
Im interested. Any idea where to get 9.0 native firm?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright. I've had alot of questions. Hopefully this is the last one. Is there anyway for it

Im interested. Any idea where to get 9.0 native firm?
Should be on AuReiNAND's Github, go to the description and download the FIRM zip.
Within the zip, there's a folder called A9LH, choose the folder that corresponds to you, then place the firmware90.bin file in the /rei/ folder.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be on AuReiNAND's Github, go to the description and download the FIRM zip.
Within the zip, there's a folder called A9LH, choose the folder that corresponds to you, then place the firmware90.bin file in the /rei/ folder.
Thanks! One last question. Could i make it boot into sysnand through minipasta? And if i can, would that still allow to use things that require 9.0 firm?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! One last question. Could i make it boot into sysnand through minipasta? And if i can, would that still allow to use things that require 9.0 firm?
From emuNAND? No, you can't.

Don't know why'd you want to either. MiniPasta just enables sigpatches, which AuReiNAND already does.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait...... It already can run unsigned cias...... Guess that fixes everything. Thanks you and everyone else have been a big help!

EDIT: just to clarify, i saw ur post and i now realize sysnand is booted from aureinand. so im gooooood.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Darksamus, is it safe to install you your latest github pul or will it brick? I don't have a hardmod but would like to take advantage of the sd card fix (not that I have a problem.) And I see the init screen has been delayed? does that affect boot time? Why was that done?

Also, is it safe to switch to delebile/arm9loaderhax do you know from your build that included sd card fix?

Will you be releasing a stable build at some point?

Cheers

Last edited by democracy,

GinkREAL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Darksamus, is it safe to install you your latest github pul or will it brick? I don't have a hardmod but would like to take advantage of the sd card fix (not that I have a problem.) And I see the init screen has been delayed? does that affect boot time? Why was that done?

Also, is it safe to switch to delebile/arm9loaderhax do you know from your build that included sd card fix?

Cheers

What sd card fix? And how would you go about updating or switching forks with a9lh?

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Cheers

His username is @dark_samus3. And he already said that no, you shouldn't do this without hardmod. Stable changes will be pulled to @delebile 's GitHub repo.

You want to fix a thing that isn't even broken for you ? o_o

Few commits ago, the thing was making 3DS shutdown at boot, making it unusable without an hardmod.

So without an hardmod, same advice as ever : be patient, wait for stable releases.

Last edited by GBHAKC75,
Reactions: Serphirot

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His username is @dark_samus3. And he already said that no, you shouldn't do this without hardmod. Stable changes will be pulled to @delebile 's GitHub repo.

You want to fix a thing that isn't even broken for you ? o_o

Few commits ago, the thing was making 3DS shutdown at boot, making it unusable without an hardmod.

So without an hardmod, same advice as ever : be patient, wait for stable releases.
By SD card fix, he means the change that was made so the 3DS turns off with no SD card, right?

I can't vouch for the latest commit, but the initial commit that added that is pretty stable. I used it and it works as intended.

Reactions: democracy

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
By SD card fix, he means the change that was made so the 3DS turns off with no SD card, right?

I can't vouch for the latest commit, but the initial commit that added that is pretty stable. I used it and it works as intended.

No, it's a fix for a "bad" delay that may cause issues with some SD cards, not related to this one. And this one is working, but it was dangerous to try it (I did the same), but new commits had the issue I described above (fixed now, but there could be a lot of other issues), so really, you should be careful. It's a test repo, it could easily broke A9LH/brick without any hope of recover...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, why not?