Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah I don't have firmware90.bin, only firmware.bin. Booting with 'L' just leaves my N3ds in a almost "brick" like state (for lack of better term) where just the blue light is on and nothing boots.

EDIT: I was under the impression I wouldn't need the a9LH firmware90.bin, should I be using it? Do firmware.bin and firmware90.bin play nice when they are both in the folder together?
Yeah, have both, they won't interfere with each other. Also, it's in a "brick" like state because your missing that firmware90.bin file :P

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that is because L trys to boot with firmware90.bin which you don´t have so it can´t boot. And for Homebrew you need the frim 9.x to use them.

Yeah, have both, they won't interfere with each other. Also, it's in a "brick" like state because your missing that firmware90.bin file :P

Ah makes sense, lol sorry for the noob question. Thanks a bunch you two!

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
I ran into one little problem so far using Pailect's OTP guide. Up till now the whole process was working great, I got my OTP.bin and the otp0x108.bin and my system downgraded to 2.1 just great after restoring from emunand 2.1, I do however have to remove the sd card to boot though. My problem is now im at the end of part 4 where I have to restore my sysnand from the 9.2 backup and I get the error mesage "CTR start 0x080D5154 not a proper NAND backup, might be bricked. Sysnand restore failed". Any ideas? @Plailect

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into one little problem so far using Pailect's OTP guide. Up till now the whole process was working great, I got my OTP.bin and the otp0x108.bin and my system downgraded to 2.1 just great after restoring from emunand 2.1, I do however have to remove the sd card to boot though. My problem is now im at the end of part 4 where I have to restore my sysnand from the 9.2 backup and I get the error mesage "CTR start 0x080D5154 not a proper NAND backup, might be bricked. Sysnand restore failed". Any ideas? @Plailect
Update OTPHelper.

There was a bug in one version that didn't allow you to restore NAND backups. Latest version should be V0.63.

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Update OTPHelper.

There was a bug in one version that didn't allow you to restore NAND backups. Latest version should be V0.63.

I tried using v0.63 and it still failed. I guess im stuck here because my backups were made using vo.6. Is there any way to get around this?

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
You must have other backups, Don't be that guy who never made a Nand Backup

I do have a clean 9.2 sysnand backup made from emunand9 but according to dok3's program it isnt a valid backup. Which doesnt make sense

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just brainstorming here... Since I already have my arm9loader3dsx file and both nands have been formatted (emunand probably still has FBI in health and safety, not sure what to do with that) couldnt I update my fw to 10.6 and downgrade back down to 9.2 and continue?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a clean 9.2 sysnand backup made from emunand9 but according to dok3's program it isnt a valid backup. Which doesnt make sense

Just brainstorming here... Since I already have my arm9loader3dsx file and both nands have been formatted (emunand probably still has FBI in health and safety, not sure what to do with that) couldnt I update my fw to 10.6 and downgrade back down to 9.2 and continue?
If you have an entry point (such as Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time), then sure!

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you working on N3ds or O3ds?

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have an entry point (such as Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time), then sure!

Snap, I have 9.2 oothax. I recall earlier that people updated with game carts like pokemon ORAS to get browserhax working again. Any chance that would work or was there a reason why the community abandoned that route?

you working on N3ds or O3ds?

O3ds

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
You can update with a cart with to 4.5 then use sysupdater Cia to get to 9.2

Ah ok I will do that, what entry point would I have to use though? Would browserhax still be an option? I read on 3dsdb that eu omega ruby can update my 3ds to 7.2

EDIT: In your opinion would my emunand9 9.2 backup still be ok to use just in case I need to use it ever again? Or would I have to make another backup via something like decrypt9

I have made it to this manual https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew) , it is normal that can be seen a short message on the bottom screen, after the turn on the 3DS?

Im not sure what you mean, there normally isnt any message on the bottom screen. Maybe try explaining it a bit more?

Last edited by naivegirl2411,

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok I will do that, what entry point would I have to use though? Would browserhax still be an option? I read on 3dsdb that eu omega ruby can update my 3ds to 7.2

EDIT: In your opinion would my emunand9 9.2 backup still be ok to use just in case I need to use it ever again? Or would I have to make another backup via something like decrypt9

Im not sure what you mean, there normally isnt any message on the bottom screen. Maybe try explaining it a bit more?
you should have like 20 Nand Backups in a variety of different Places, I have 9 on my 3 Hard Drives, And two for every cloud Storage I own. I believe that if you update to 7.2 you loose Browser so I would recommend 4.5 to use sysupdater and keep browser or 6.X if you have DS Flashcard for MSET exploit to update to 9.2

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should have like 20 Nand Backups in a variety of different Places, I have 9 on my 3 Hard Drives, And two for every cloud Storage I own. I believe that if you update to 7.2 you loose Browser so I would recommend 4.5 to use sysupdater and keep browser or 6.X if you have DS Flashcard for MSET exploit to update to 9.2
Talk about OCD! :P
2-5 Backups should be good enough.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
when i power up the 3DS, on the bottom screen i can see : Mounted SD Loading config file and so on..
this is from cake cfw, can i hide this?
if u using plailect's guide u can disable screen init in boot_config.ini. change screen enable to 0 instead of 1

[DEFAULT]
path = /a9lh/Cakes.dat
screenEnabled = 0
delay = 200
offset = 0x12000
payload = -1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and a buddy used to play that, is pretty fun. Graphics were pretty good also at that time, I think what 5-6 years ago. --Edit yea was 2018
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
    LNLenost @ LNLenost: i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but...