Trophies
XP
Country

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read Step 8 in Section 1... you'll need it later on.
I did. I succesful downgrade and dump OTP for a N3DS. However, just curious, because I didn't see Xorpad to be used at all in section 2&3. In section 4, only copy it back to the SD, but only restore NANDs. Nothing to do with Xorpad?!

When it says to run Windows.bat. You know what it does? It uses your xorpads to modify your 2.1 NAND backup.

Nevermind. Just saw your response.

Last edited by tivu100,

solsolis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did. I succesful downgrade and dump OTP for a N3DS. However, just curious, because I didn't see Xorpad to be used at all in section 2&3. In section 4, only copy it back to the SD, but only restore NANDs. Nothing to do with Xorpad?!
The script you use in part 2 loads them from the backup folder. You yourself never touch them.

Fallen_Lucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U delete the old arm9loderhax and use the installer one and rename it to arm9loaderhax, u also need to put the other file in the root. Screen should boot up asking u to press a to install.
Yeah I know, I did the same thing on my other N3DS and it worked perfectly, it doesn't work on my Black N3DS for some reason. My Fates one worked first try. What could be the problem here? I'll see if my 3ds's have any differences.

My Fates 3ds XL:

128 GB micro SD card
9.2.0-20U EmuNAND

Black 3ds XL:

64 GB Micro SD card
10.6.0-31U EmuNAND

I tried the Black 3ds XL with a 32 GB micro SD card with only a folder and the 2 files on the root. Didn't work either.

Maybe it's certain consoles dont work? It's weird because it acts as if no arm9loader file is in the sd card

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was more apparent in the original guide (the one I used), since you manually had to decrypt your NAND backup with the xorpads.
So the section II only needs bricked EMUNAND.bin + xorpad? I can pass on backing up emunand.bin in section I right? ( I plan to use SYSNAND CFW with arm9loaderhax only).

I always have clean NAND back up so I just want to skip the EMUNAND back up part because there is nothing to keep on EMUNAND to make this a little bit quicker. Backing up these take like hours (& copying them between my old slow laptop and memory card). ShawdowOne333's quote in your tag reflect this.

Last edited by tivu100,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple question, the guide says I need to be on 9.2, but my N3DS is on 9.0 just the way I bought it. Does that mean I need to actually be on 9.2, or do they mean 9.2 and lower?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the noob question. I extracted my OTP, compiled and installed a9lh to my O3DS.
How do I install AuReiNand? The instructions in this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/aureinand-n3ds-o3ds-a9lh.411110/ are not really helpful.
My target would be to boot straight into Gateway mode with a9lh. How can I do that?
Using Gateway remains the same as it always has been, but you must launch AUReiNand in sysnand using 9.0 firm. I custom built mine to do that automatically. From there, N3DS is almost 100% stable launching from the 4.x MSET. O3ds, I launch hblauncher_loader then boot GW.3dsx. Unfortunately, this is not as stable as the N3DS 4.x MSET. I've had a few hickups booting GW.3dsx. It works well enough though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh damn, for months I been asking for options or any apps to dump my own 3DS cartridges and now browsing arm9loader thread I find a tool for that.
Great scott, thanks for the upload and compile!
Umm... the GW launcher has pretty much ALWAYS allowed cart dumping. You never needed a GW to boot the menu and use that function.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs