Hacking ARM 11 Crash on Boot

AC1DFOX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I used my Luma3DS system. I went to boot it today and it won't boot, giving me an ARM11 error.

I came to the Forums, and I followed the instructions listed HERE: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/

upload_2021-9-7_11-15-0.png

Which took me to this page: https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage

I followed the instructions, which were as follows:
  1. Power off your device
  2. Insert your SD card into your computer
  3. Copy GodMode9.firm from the GodMode9 .zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card
  4. Copy the gm9 folder from the GodMode9 .zip to the root of your SD card
  5. Reinsert your SD card into your device
Upon restart, I still get the ARM11 error. I attempted to follow the rest of the instructions on that page, however, when trying to load up GodMode9, I get an error saying "the payload is invalid or corrupted"

I am still very new to all this, and I would appreciate some guidance. I am attaching the DUMP file as well, in case that helps the pros in here.

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000004.zip
    301 bytes · Views: 109

yaum

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks like console was updated and Luma has not.
The very first step to be done is to update it normally, and it's the first one described in the noob guide for the ARM11 crash. ("First of all update to 9.1" - sic. Current version is now 10.2.1)

Which steps did you follow to update Luma?

If you did not follow any, use sections 3 & 4 of the update guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s
Section III - Update Luma3DS
  1. Power off your device
  2. Insert your SD card into your computer
  3. Copy boot.firm and boot.3dsx from the Luma3DS .zip to the root of your SD card, replacing the existing file
  4. Reinsert your SD card into your device
  5. Power on your device
Section IV - Configuring Luma3DS (only needed if you are prompted with the Luma3DS configuration menu after the reboot)

1. In the Luma3DS configuration menu, use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
  2. Press (Start) to save and reboot

Last edited by yaum,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The very first step to be done is to update it normally, and it's the first one described in the noob guide for the ARM11 crash. ("First of all update to 9.1" - sic. Current version is now 10.2.1)

If you did not follow any, use sections 3 & 4 of the update guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s
I would also add in section 6 of the finalizing steps

Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS
  1. Power off your device
  2. Press and hold (Start), and while holding (Start), power on your device. This will launch GodMode9
    • If you do not boot into GodMode9, ensure that GodMode9.firm is in /luma/payloads/ and that payloads is correctly spelled
  3. If you are prompted to create an essential files backup, press (A) to do so, then press (A) to continue once it has completed
  4. If you are prompted to fix the RTC date&time, press (A) to do so, then set the date and time, then press (A) to continue
  5. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  6. Select “Scripts…”
  7. Select “GM9Megascript”
  8. Select “Scripts from Plailect’s Guide”
  9. Select “Setup Luma3DS to CTRNAND”
  10. When prompted, press (A) to proceed
  11. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing, then input the key combo given
  12. Press (A) to continue
to make sure thats on there so a defunct sd card dont cause problems.

AC1DFOX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow. MAJOR idiot moment. You sir, are a godsend. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. That fixed me right up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would also add in section 6 of the finalizing steps

Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS
  1. Power off your device
  2. Press and hold (Start), and while holding (Start), power on your device. This will launch GodMode9
    • If you do not boot into GodMode9, ensure that GodMode9.firm is in /luma/payloads/ and that payloads is correctly spelled
  3. If you are prompted to create an essential files backup, press (A) to do so, then press (A) to continue once it has completed
  4. If you are prompted to fix the RTC date&time, press (A) to do so, then set the date and time, then press (A) to continue
  5. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  6. Select “Scripts…”
  7. Select “GM9Megascript”
  8. Select “Scripts from Plailect’s Guide”
  9. Select “Setup Luma3DS to CTRNAND”
  10. When prompted, press (A) to proceed
  11. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing, then input the key combo given
  12. Press (A) to continue
to make sure thats on there so a defunct sd card dont cause problems.

As noted in my original post, this is where I have another problem. The system works fine now, games play, checkpoint works, but when I attempt to boot into GodMode
I attempted to follow the rest of the instructions on that page, however, when trying to load up GodMode9, I get an error saying "the payload is invalid or corrupted"

yaum

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Strange. Should be working with the latest Luma version you just installed.
Could you please take again the same steps:
Downloading GM9 https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/latest
Then :
  • Copy GodMode9.firm from the GodMode9.zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card. Be careful about the payloads folder being spelled correctly. People tend to forget the 's' at the end
  • Copy the gm9 folder from the GodMode9.zip to the root of your SD card
Try to go through the "Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS" steps

AC1DFOX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured it out. I thought the White text was the selection, not the Red. I was opening the "Do Not Open This". I selected the other option and Boom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Lonely here