Are you Pro or Anti Piracy?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Glad I decided to never have kids of me own ;'D
And thus a bit of knowledge dies with me...

Honestly tho, some people are such fools that I ofter wonder how they even managed to turn their computers on.
Let alone know how to find this site and post on it....

After some years of dealing with some people of this kind I reached a sad conclusion.
They are not really that dumb, they are actually lazy assholes that want everything served in a silver platter... They cannot be bothered to think or read.
That is the reason sometimes it annoys me to help this kind of people.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After some years of dealing with some people of this kind I reached a sad conclusion.
They are not really that dumb, they are actually lazy assholes that want everything served in a silver platter... They cannot be bothered to think or read.
Same here but the internet has enabled the I want others to do the work mentality in a sense

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually don't have any pirated devices any more. Went legit when I started earning proper money. But I do think the hacking community can be just as much a positive in the gaming world as a negative. Great games that never get an English release, the hackers make it happen. Games full of bugs that ruin an otherwise great experience, the hackers fix it. Custom DLC for stuff like Dissidia Duodecim, emulators to play old games that are impossible to find these days, etc.

Of course a lot of people will abuse the facilities like any other aspect of technology. Some people will just steal every game out of some sense of entitlement and give hackers and pirates a bad name. They never pay for anything, they never contribute to the gaming community or economy, they just steal everything they want.

Reactions: shinkodachi

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Never ever spoonfeed noobs.
They'll never learn.

I should tattoo that on me arm, as a reminder why I continue helping people ;'D

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I actually don't have any pirated devices any more. Went legit when I started earning proper money. But I do think the hacking community can be just as much a positive in the gaming world as a negative. Great games that never get an English release, the hackers make it happen. Games full of bugs that ruin an otherwise great experience, the hackers fix it. Custom DLC for stuff like Dissidia Duodecim, emulators to play old games that are impossible to find these days, etc.

Of course a lot of people will abuse the facilities like any other aspect of technology. Some people will just steal every game out of some sense of entitlement and give hackers and pirates a bad name. They never pay for anything, they never contribute to the gaming community or economy, they just steal everything they want.

I can second every word of this. Last game I pirated had to be in 2003, Chaos Legion. I only actually wanted to try it before buying it and I'm glad I did that because it was a crappy game. After that I've been 100% legit. Didn't even download the fan translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2, even though I really wanted to play it.

rusty_train

Trophies
XP
Country
Pro Piracy, but i use it as try before buy type deal, if not for piracy, half these companies wouldnt get my money, at all, piracy helps me pick and choose what i want to give money to

Reactions: Margen67

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro Piracy, but i use it as try before buy type deal, if not for piracy, half these companies wouldnt get my money, at all, piracy helps me pick and choose what i want to give money to
One thing to is I support the companies despite it. Like I play SNES and n64 emulators a lot but I also buy wiiu games and 3ds games all the time (which is where they make the most money)

rusty_train

Trophies
XP
Country
One thing to is I support the companies despite it. Like I play SNES and n64 emulators a lot but I also buy wiiu games and 3ds games all the time (which is where they make the most money)

i buy any game or movie or what ever else after trying it through piracy first, i'm a bargain hunter, and i don't like to waste money on things i dont like, so piracy, try before buy

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i buy any game or movie or what ever else after trying it through piracy first, i'm a bargain hunter, and i don't like to waste money on things i dont like, so piracy, try before buy
I do that a lot to as I'd rather buy a CD then have to burn the files to a disk (I download 1989 and then bought a CD copy for example).

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I buy my own games but for people who pirate games I have nothing against them, hey, maybe their financial situation is complicated as they could've been part of a layoff and need to use that cash for more important things.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I buy my own games but for people who pirate games I have nothing against them, hey, maybe their financial situation is complicated as they could've been part of a layoff and need to use that cash for more important things.

This. I think that piracy is a force to be tolerated, as long as those doing so are truly in a situation where they would not be able to get the content in any other way legitimately

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to pirate everything, one of my main reasons is that I like to have everything in one place. I really hate switching cds/carts. Now with digital downloads this is possible. So I use to pirate nds, psp, wii, and all the old systems as they are pretty hard to get. New systems like 3ds, ps3, ps4, pstv, wii U, pc (steam) where I can keep all the games in one place I do not pirate, but I will usually wait for sales, unless I must have the game, now!

Yes although virtual console exists for some old games, I still use nes/snes emulators

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not pro-piracy, but I'm anti-anti-piracy - anti-piracy measures do nothing but make things harder on your honest consumer. If a pirate wants a game there's twenty release groups itching to be the first on the scene with a working crack. If someone wants it they'll get it.

I don't often pirate games anymore since I can afford them now. 3DS games, I just bought a gateway to use on my old 3DS and then also bought a N3DS XL, just for the sake of being able to have multiple games with me on the old ones. I'm gonna use my own dumps and headers and everything. Current gen consoles, not like you can do anything with. Last gen/previous gens is either open season with piracy for me or I don't care about it. PC (praise be to Gaben) and Android I'm legit on.

Music I have unlimited streaming through Google Play Music, but movies and tv shows and books... fine I'll pirate those when I want htem.

Darklinkreturns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to spend 40-60 dollars on a game I might not even end up enjoying, so I'm a firm believer in the whole "try before you buy" thing. So I'll pirate a game (or book, movie, music, etc.) and if I like it enough to want to give it another playthrough (or read, watch, listen, etc.) then I'll go ahead and purchase it legitimately.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pro piracy because I'm a dirty entitled pirate and therefore a horrible car-purse downloading thief.
Seriously though, I only buy online games when they don't let you join "legit" servers.
I would like to buy all games since legit games are easier to keep uptodate, though. I'm very OCD about that sort of thing.
But some companies don't deserve money, so I pirate their games.

It would cost way too much money to buy all the music and movies I want to watch or listen to in a lossless format, and there is no way I could convince my parents to buy it all.
And on top of the price, we already have most of the music and movies, but they're lossy. So I just download them instead unless I can't find a lossless download for it which in that case I would have to buy it.
I can't buy/rent blurays at all though since they're expensive. Renting would be cheaper, but what if they don't have the movie I want? (Not that my PC has a Bluray drive) So instead, I download remuxes. It's even better quality than streaming which costs money. Also, I'm patient when it comes to downloads so I don't care if it takes longer. And since I'm an audio+videophile, I always want the best quality, and I have a 1TB hard drive with space to burn, so I can download lots of stuff.

I also like saving money since I'm a cheapskate.

Reactions: RevPokemon

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pro piracy because I'm a dirty entitled pirate and therefore a horrible car-purse downloading thief.
Seriously though, I only buy online games when they don't let you join "legit" servers.
I would like to buy all games since legit games are easier to keep uptodate, though. I'm very OCD about that sort of thing.
But some companies don't deserve money, so I pirate their games.

It would cost way too much money to buy all the music and movies I want to watch or listen to in a lossless format, and there is no way I could convince my parents to buy it all.
And on top of the price, we already have most of the music and movies, but they're lossy. So I just download them instead unless I can't find a lossless download for it which in that case I would have to buy it.
I can't buy/rent blurays at all though since they're expensive. Renting would be cheaper, but what if they don't have the movie I want? (Not that my PC has a Bluray drive) So instead, I download remuxes. It's even better quality than streaming which costs money. Also, I'm patient when it comes to downloads so I don't care if it takes longer. And since I'm an audio+videophile, I always want the best quality, and I have a 1TB hard drive with space to burn, so I can download lots of stuff.

I also like saving money since I'm a cheapskate.
You know thats how I feel too because it becomes so expensive fast

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol