da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you missed an option, mixed handed! (that's wat i am)
i use my right hand for major tasks (such as writing, eating, cutting with a knife)
but i use my left hand for other things such as basketball, frisbee, washing the dishes, it's stronger for foosball (jitz) and yeah.

Tozarian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I use right hand for writing and mouse moving but I shoot left in hockey, golf and lacrosse. I also pick up things with my left rather than my right.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
da_head said:
you missed an option, mixed handed! (that's wat i am)

Ambidextrous

am·bi·dex·trous
adj.

1. Able to use both hands with equal facility.
2. Unusually skillful; adroit.
3. Deceptive or hypocritical.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm right handed primarily.... with the exception of eating with a knife and fork then I can switch hands freely and use either no ideas why!? ...

I just feel comfortable swapping hands mid meal for the left or right side of the plate I guess its just easier than turning the plate!!
nyanya.gif

Cannot write with my left hand even if my life depended on it... It's just awkward!
frown.gif

If your a LEFTY btw .... YOUR DEEMED SPAWN OF THE DEVIL! in the old days you could of been put to death for being a freaky LEFTY!!!

There are a whole heap of famous LEFTY's out there .... JIMMY HENDRIX being just one ... how else would you get that funky sounding guitar ... he played a right handed guitar upside down or flipped to the left
smile.gif

There are also a load of presidents that were/are leftys too ..

QUOTE said:
James A. Garfield 20th
Herbert Hoover 31st
Harry S. Truman 33rd
Gerald Ford 38th
Ronald Reagan 40th
George H.W. Bush 41st
Bill Clinton 42nd
Barack Obama 44th

others include

Buzz Aldrin (Astronaut)

Matt Groening (Simpsons and Futurama cartoonist)

George Michael (Musician)

Tom Cruise (Actor)

Bruce Willis (Actor)

Jerry Seinfeld (comedian)

Pelé -Edson Arantes do Nascimento (soccer)

Diego Armando Maradona (soccer)

The list goes on and on so least you know your not a freak on your own!
nyanya.gif
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I prefer to write with my right although I can use the left (this is largely taught rather than natural), either way my handwriting is useless unless I spend time on it.

Soldering, I would like three hands if it is all the same but either.

Fine work, either.

Force: right for force but left can guide things.

Eating, chopsticks is right only unless I have a set in each. Cutlery I can swap at will.

Sword- right is dominant for single hand and the right is the "upper" hand for two handed. Two swords- the bigger sword if it exists is preferably the right, the right is also the one above my head.

Bat games- see sword although I can use my left if I need to.

Throwing, right unless I have something in each or it is a shoulder harness/timed/alternating thing like throwing knives. Frisbee I can throw with both but I like the right more.

Punching, right if only because my left was fractured a while back and putting serious force through it is not all that comfortable.

Regarding feet I suppose skateboarding is all I have here. Regular footing, push mongo when not switch with switch not meaning all the much (although I am far from some people in this regard) and a tendency towards "old school" tricks means while my right is probably dominant my left can more hold it together when the time comes. I prefer to turn backside on a ramp although that is just for messing around and 180s are fine either way, switch or regular, and always have been, if adding flips then once I have them it does not really matter. 360s are probably backside if only through practice (definitely ollies while no-comply, boneless and early grab are either way) as are pivots, powerslides/Bert slides are either. Primo is usually about the right foot and spinning clockwise (not sure how to name spin on this one) if only because it makes coming out of things spinning is that much easier or shifts weight to the right place for it (same for Casper although switch or anti Casper changes it), truckstand/pogo is right foot down although I can use left if necessary (it kills hands and boards so I tend to avoid it). I prefer to one foot manual and one foot nose manual with the right although in my experience most people do (even goofy riders and people of either handedness).
Hands in skateboarding, right is for grabs although I can use the left for various things or grab if I have to and preferably right for anything more anything more technical than a fingerflip. If I could handplant/similar in a meaningful way it would be my right although as it stands with no force required (momentum is used) it can be either.

When it comes to kicking someone again right is dominant but left can be used and seen as the left is used to pivot on....

Keyboard- tough one, right if I am using one hand but I can mash keys quite accurately with my left when the time comes. Mouse is right hand but I can use the left if necessary, trackpad is either.

Game controller, right for traditional joystick unless the pad is otherwise, FPS games are forward, back and strafe with the left stick and look/aim with the right stick.

"There are also a load of presidents that were/are leftys"
since when were we looking up to politicians again?

A question though, many left handed people I know use a mouse with their left but leave it in right hand mode with regard to the buttons (so they double click with the middle or even ring fingers and I will never know how they use back/forward buttons)

edit: forgot guns.
Right hand and right shoulder if the choice is there although if the weapon allows I can work with the left shoulder, never used two pistols or two single handed weapons aside from in a game/at the arcade so I do not know how that plays out for me.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Right handed here.

But I can play soccer with my both feet, very handy.
same but in soccer aren't you supposed to practice with the weaker foot so you can use both when you start out. Most people i know are right handed except my closest friend and my brother.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi