Hacking Are you going to buy WiikeÜ or waiting for Wii U homebew ?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 54,633
  • Replies 237

What are you going to your Wii U ?

• Total voters

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have put my order in for one today but I have ordered @Teensy and paid by post dated cheque. I know it sounds a bit mad but I have thought about it very hard and at least with a post dated cheque if anything goes wrong in the mean time with WiiKey in between the date of release there is no worries my end the cheque will just get ripped up but if I had paid by Debit Card then the monies would go straight out and I would have to sort out a refund on it which I would not be happy about messing about with. The good thing about Teensy.co.uk they are very flexible and helpful with payment methods! So I was very happy :)

What? Retailers don't usually charge you the money until the product is ready to ship. Preorders are not binding commitments.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
*update 3.0*
just ordered the mod chip with the screen for $146.69 with signature required

Mod Chip with screen, Update 3.0.??? I ordered mine but says nothing about a screen with it or update 3.0? Where did you order it from? Mine was £79.99p about 135 dollars sounds like you got ripped a bit.

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
Mod Chip with screen, Update 3.0.??? I ordered mine but says nothing about a screen with it or update 3.0? Where did you order it from? Mine was £79.99p about 135 dollars sounds like you got ripped a bit.

updates to my posts about buying the mod chip plus i paid a bit more for shipping thats why its a bit more in price

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
updates to my posts about buying the mod chip plus i paid a bit more for shipping thats why its a bit more in price

Oh I see, sorry ;) Yeah thinking about it, its about the same price anyway as mine, when I looked into it mine was £79.99p GBP free P&P and yours was about £86.00p GBP probably including P&P to me, so nothing in it! I just hope it goes well for the both of us. I was looking on YouTube on opening up the WiiU and it is quite a simple procedure, nothing difficult about it, from the drive to the WiiKeyU emulator board and to the loading device. It looks quite easy I would imagine, plenty of room in the case as well!.

What? Retailers don't usually charge you the money until the product is ready to ship. Preorders are not binding commitments.

Yes they will bank my cheque and it will clear on the date of arrival, its all sorted with Teensy.co.uk, I have been in touch via a few emails :)

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I see, sorry ;) Yeah thinking about it, its about the same price anyway as mine, when I looked into it mine was £79.99p GBP free P&P and yours was about £86.00p GBP probably including P&P to me, so nothing in it! I just hope it goes well for the both of us. I was looking on YouTube on opening up the WiiU and it is quite a simple procedure, nothing difficult about it, from the drive to the WiiKeyU emulator board and to the loading device. It looks quite easy I would imagine, plenty of room in the case as well!.

i have all the right tools to pop open my wii u and plus i seen a video on taking it apart around the time the wii u came out

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
i have all the right tools to pop open my wii u and plus i seen a video on taking it apart around the time the wii u came out

Don't know about rite tools, you only really need a few small Phillips Plus Head screw drivers and a stanley blade to pop off those sticky covers, that's about all you need, not like the slim line Xbox 360's! They were a nightmare to open :(

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
what exactly is this ... screen for the modchip? o.O I assume there are no pictures, yet, but what would the screen be for?

It's probably for choosing the ISO from the HDD. With an ODE, you generally don't get any other advantages on the console compared to just loading them from the internal drive.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably for choosing the ISO from the HDD. With an ODE, you generally don't get any other advantages on the console compared to just loading them from the internal drive.

Yeah hes rite, when he mentions a "screen", he means it comes in the package, its just the module that you choose your games/ISO's from off your media device, that's all, arrows up and down etc.. Similar way to the Xk3y device was on the 360 & Cobra PS3, same design, same way!

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know about rite tools, you only really need a few small Phillips Plus Head screw drivers and a stanley blade to pop off those sticky covers, that's about all you need, not like the slim line Xbox 360's! They were a nightmare to open :(

Did Nintendo not use an Tri-Wing screws on the Wii U? Like they did for ever other console?

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This device will never be able to play games from a different region like it was possible on Wii.

On the Wii the region information was in an unencrypted and unsigned area.

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Slartibartfast42 while stripping unused data will surly come, a hardmod will never be able to make a game play on a different region.
The region information now is in an signed area and obtaining the private key is considered impossible.

The only way for region free is a softmod.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.