Netherlands
100% nintendo fan ^^ best console Wii off course
yaywii.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
There was once a time when this decision would have been impossible, back in the golden age of gaming when Sonic and Mario were duking it out in the bit wars instead of going skiing together on the Wii. Back then there ws next to nothing seperating them. They were both worth sinking time and money into.

Nowadays I'm still not sure, but for exactly the opposite reason. Nintendo has largely abandoned those of us that have been there since the beginning so they can help themselves to another big spoonful of casual gamer spunk, whereas Sega seem to have spent pretty much every second since the release of Sonic Adventure 2 banging their heads into a wall in order to forget what made their games great. Sonic 4 is ok but kinda meh and slow when you compare it to the original Mega Drive games.

To be fair, Sega has got Valkyria Chronicles going for it, but not a whole lot else. Nintendo has the mighty DS, but to be fair most of the decent games I've played lately are coming from other developers while Nintendo simply remakes Pokemon Blue for the ninth or tenth time. So I still can't tell where my allegiance lies.

Wait, yes I can. Nintendo created Lylat Wars. They win. Just.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Danny600kill said:
Well my favourite console was the Sega Saturn but I know a lot of people loved Nintendo's console consoles more

I
wub.gif
you for saying that Danny! The Saturn is my favourite console as well.

I can't really choose between Sega and Ninty though. Each console has it's own characteristics, plus points and exclusives. The SNES had awesome sound and bright colourful graphics, but the MegaDrive had a slightly better looking res and games like PGA kicked the SNES versions ass. The Saturn had some top notch arcade conversions and RGs, whereas the N64 had much better graphics and games that were unique and couldn't really be replicated on other consoles. The Dreamcast is just a fucking awesome little machince that was ahead of it's time. It's a shame Sega screwed up so bad with the Saturn that the DC had so little support.
frown.gif

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Danny600kill said:
Well my favourite console was the Sega Saturn but I know a lot of people loved Nintendo's console consoles more

I
wub.gif
you for saying that Danny! The Saturn is my favourite console as well.

I can't really choose between Sega and Ninty though. Each console has it's own characteristics, plus points and exclusives. The SNES had awesome sound and bright colourful graphics, but the MegaDrive had a slightly better looking res and games like PGA kicked the SNES versions ass. The Saturn had some top notch arcade conversions and RGs, whereas the N64 had much better graphics and games that were unique and couldn't really be replicated on other consoles. The Dreamcast is just a fucking awesome little machince that was ahead of it's time. It's a shame Sega screwed up so bad with the Saturn that the DC had so little support.
frown.gif

Saturn is cool. I played Daytone USA there!

ROLLING START FTW!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Daytona was good, very playable but let down by dodgy graphics. Daytona CCE was much better looking although not quite as playable. lol My favourite Saturn racer though is Sega Rally. In fact it's quite possibly my favourite racing game, the Saturn version even kicks the 360 versions ass as far as I'm concerned!

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be the Nintendo 64 kid
wink.gif

Nintendo for me with Nintendo 64 being the most enjoyed system.

RE4zombie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo FTW! The N64 was my favorite console because of the amazing Zelda games, Conker, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and the list goes on. Nintendo's passion for innovation and excellence is what keeps me getting their games. I only played one Sega console, the Dreamcast, but it had some great tech and a killer app in Shenmue. I can't think of any other game that is similar to it. Sucks the DC died.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a Sega guy
SEGA ALL THE WAY! WOOOO! (ya I know they are third party now.... shut up...)

Disincluding homebrew I'd say the Genesis and SNES were my most favorite machines game wise.

Including homebrew I'd have to say Dreamcast and Wii.
Though I do love my dreamcast something fierce. :3

Hmm, when was furry a gender?

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo was always my gaming company of choice. One of the first games I played was mario (isn't it the same for everyone???). And their handhelds are always amazing, which is cool for someone like me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...