are shops asking you to put up a 5-star review

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i know one time that happened, (that's not called blackmail though, blackmail is "pay me 5 bucks or you die")
with DSdisco and GamePlayFun. (the review is still online)

but i want to know for other shops what happens there. do the customers get a coupon code for doing so?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't trust any of the reviews on shoptemp.
As far as I'm concerned they're all fake.

I stop recommending people to shoptemp a long time ago

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:

It's not really ShopTemp's fault, you can't really stop what people give as reviews. It's not like things are gonna be removed because the reviews are "too good" or "too bad". Besides, when did you really listen to reviews from any sales website? I usually refer to a third party review site or here if I want info on a product before buying.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
RoMee said:

Same here. It's sad. The safest way is asking on the forum.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gbatemp has to do something about the false advertising by these shady shops

gameplayfun is doing it again
QUOTE said:
All Acekard2i with 4G memory 1.8.7 Free Shipping $14

I know you guys are getting money from these gold accounts, but this is nothing more than fraud by these shops who lies and make fake coupon codes and advertisements
and the people who pays for these mistakes is noobs who (stupidly) trust shoptemp.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
i never asked our customers to put any star reviews on us, still lucky ours all are 5 but if come some lower or bad i will accept it if are from real customers. more afraid to receive fake bad customers reviews

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
zhuzhuchina said:
i never asked our customers to put any star reviews on us, still lucky ours all are 5 but if come some lower or bad i will accept it if are from real customers. more afraid to receive fake bad customers reviews
You are the exception.
smile.gif
But I know that from what people say on here about you, not shoptemp. I would never trust shoptemp after checking some out earlier this year. Particularly the EU region and those who CLAIM to be in the EU.

NDS-Gear

Trophies
Website
www.NDS-Gear.com
XP
Country
United States
We have a five star review...although sadly it's only from one review to date! To be frank, good or bad, I'd almost rather people private message or e-mail both good and bad reviews to us, since we actually attempt to act on them to make the site better. We care more about our e-mail feedback than our shoptemp rating.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RoMee said:

Pretty much here, instead of me telling people to go to ShopTemp to find a good price on something, I'll just say whatever shop comes to mind for me at the time. ShopTemp has become messed up, can never tell what's a real review or not anymore.

lightakejerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LighTake.com never ask customers charging for stars,all reviews you saw in GBATemp are true,please check here.
As we know,we are the official reseller and never sold those fake flashcards so we got a lot of repeat customers ,check here.
Furthermore I have sent the latest Acekard 2i pictures to shoptemp, check here to see the latest AK2i pictures in order to avoid buy the old version (not support 3DS) which has been stop production.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
most of the sites that take the time to discuss with members on the community are usually good ones.
also, reviews on shoptemp that are posted by trusted members of the community, well, can be trusted.
you can read reviews, but if the content of a review sounds a bit fakeish, look where it comes from.
is it a 0-poster ? ignore it. is it a long time member with lots of posts? the review should be reliable.
thats all I'm saying
smile.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lightakejerry said:
LighTake.com never ask customers charging for stars,all reviews you saw in GBATemp are true,please check here.
As we know,we are the official reseller and never sold those fake flashcards so we got a lot of repeat customers ,check here.
Furthermore I have sent the latest Acekard 2i pictures to shoptemp, check here to see the latest AK2i pictures in order to avoid buy the old version (not support 3DS) which has been stop production.

Ya lightake never asked me to do a review for them. I reviewed lightake on my own because they actually always deliver for me. I'm confident in this company and, although Jack is busy all the time these days, I still check out the site from time to time for stuff to buy. I switched over to lightake after DX stopped selling flash carts. It is fine.

There's a few other sites I used in the meantime too. I haven't had any problems with affiliates.

There are some sites that you have to watch out for though. There's so many DX clone sites that aren't related to eachother or DX and most of the sites are poor so they can't really afford to give users compensation for reviews or posts.

Also it is against forum rules to advertise so sticking with the shop is a good thing but I'd advise to just review a site based on an actual legit sale rather than freebies because other people may / may not have good experiences with them afterwards. A $10 flash cart just isn't worth the time really.

lightakejerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello thank you for your interest in our company's trust!
Yeh,Jack is always busy everyday,but you can e-mail Lisa who is Jack's assistant to get fast response for every deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...