Are ad.ly and other sites worth using?

WarMachine77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I release a lot of mods for the PS2, but wanted to know of these referral links that show you an ad, then give you the desired link are worth using.

I'm not expecting to sit at home or anything with this; I just want to know if I could earn some side $, or would they bill my Paypal account?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i happen to get once 5 dollars, (but i cheated lulz) they give you small money but at least is something. they are used specially in minecraft mods...
so if you got a lot of downloads, most people now use adblock so its not a big deal for me and i think it still does give you money

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does seem to be the thing to do in the minecraft mod community, I sorted out a client's kid's laptop a while back and he wanted some minecraft mods. Fair enough, I have a few hours I am not going to be doing anything in and doing a good job on things like these frequently pays off down the line, I have been modding games since Duke Nukem/C64 poke codes and generally I am who I am. I then find minecraft has an utterly stupid approach to mod installation which I could have probably got sorted, however everybody sending me round the houses to get a download/to their site/to the install guides/to the release notes... long story short he got a couple of mods that seemed to be made by competent people, taught how to do multiplayer and a copy of tekkit and I wandered home with a headache and also contemplating whether I could actually say I know computers.

This is less how much it might work and more be careful how you set about it. I can not speak to how well it pays out, what the conditions are like (only pay when you have ? in your pot, ? possibly being a considerable amount) or how virus laden the ad links are but it is not a "do or do not, you might gain something if you do and lose nothing otherwise" affair.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)