Hacking Applying game patches?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slowly getting the hang of all things Vita now but last thing I need to figure out is how do you go about applying patches (no updates)

Every game I have so far has come from PKGJ, and all updates through the normal livearea route. So far, so good with every game I've tried.

Now, I've found a patch and downloaded that allows one of my games (Final Fantasy X Remaster) to change the remastered Soundtrack to the Original.

I've got no idea what to do with this or how to install it. Is it a simple process? Can anyone point to a dummies guide or explain so that a novice 40 year old can follow it? :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the patch folder needs to be named after the title id. I'm assuming that it probably already is. what's in that folder?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the patch folder needs to be named after the title id. I'm assuming that it probably already is. what's in that folder?

This folder (with the following folders within the first one
FFX_Data Folder > GameData >PSVitaData > Sound >Music >ffx_music_bank00.fsb

And this file:
MetaMenu.psarc

EDIT:

If I drop all that into a folder in patch called PCSB00395 then try to run the game i get a corrupt error.

If I delete the patch folder or just rename it, it start as normal (but minus the patch obviously)

I notice that every other patch folder has other folders like :

SCE_Module
SCE_pfs
SCE_sys

And an Eboot.bin file.

Mine has none of these (they werent in the patch i downloaded)

Last edited by kristianity77,

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the video im looking at here:

At 21 seconds in he has an SCE_SYS folder which apparenty you have to create yourself. This is the part I cant figure out where to start. Otherwise, my patch setup looks the same as his

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I copied it from there and pasted it in to the patch folder for the game in a sce_sys folder but it didnt work. I even tried copying the param.sfo file from the actual game itselfs APP folder, modyfying it to read a later version, and putting it in the patch folder also, but get the same error every time in a corrupt game.

Basically I cannot find any information on how to install Vita mods. Thats pretty much all i need.

EDIT

Figured it out. I dropped the files in to Repatch instead, with no additional folders, and it just instantly worked.

Last edited by kristianity77,
Reactions: godreborn

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured it out. I dropped the files in to Repatch instead, with no additional folders, and it just instantly worked.
That's what I was thinking of. Since you're using an official encrypted game, you'll need repatch to mod it. Normal patch stuff only works with decrypted games (like maidumps).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol