Apple must publish notice that Samsung didn’t copy iPad (UK)

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 10,350
  • Replies 98
  • Likes 19

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Apple is just gonna find some loophole so they don't have to say that Samsung didn't rip them off.

Android provides ease and customization while iOS is restrictive and strict, I would provide a video but i'm sure somehow apple fans would still be able to argue against that.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Android provides ease and customization while iOS is restrictive and strict, I would provide a video but i'm sure somehow apple fans would still be able to argue against that.
To many people, it doesn't matter. Check out the ipad commercials and what they focus on. They portray it as a portable device you can browse the internet on, listen to music on, stuff like that. That's the kind of stuff people expect when they buy an ipad, and that's what they get. They get a device that's good at what it was designed to do. It's restrictive so techies like us might not like them, but for the average person the ipad does what they need and does it fluently.

Apple may have great marketing, but even they can't sell absolute shit (check out lists of their failed products for plenty of examples). The iPad is a decent device in it's own right for the target audience.

Reactions: 1 person

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In my opinion, I still consider Android more aimed towards the geeks than the audience Apple is targeting iOS devices towards. I mean, Android is still like a science project(Stock form). It's gotten more usable in 4.x though. I mean, I love Android(as an OS. App ecosystem is a different story) but you can't say it's so easy that somebody without any technology experience could just pick it up and comprehend it. Unlike iOS which just makes sense from the get-go to most people.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
And theeeen.... THIS
apple-iphone-usb-cable-2007-vs-samsung-galaxy-tab-usb-cable-2010.jpg
So a tablet connector used by pretty much every company due to its slim design and uh...a USB cable?
I'll just reply to this one. Every single tablet out there uses mini-B USB or micro-B USB. Why create a form factor SO similiar to Apple?

Heh, coincidences!

No, samsung is using this format for ages for its portable media players. Even before IPad existed - just have a look at samsung t10 or r1 if you want some newer device.
Kinda different, doncha think?
P01086_1_image.jpg

(and guys, this is how you do a cable without making it look Apple-style)
That's how you make a connector in the early 2000's. Not how you make connector now. Its just fugly.

In short, 40 pin connectors are not a design statement. They are functional.
If you can come up with a 40 pin connector that looks modern, doesn't look like and apple connector, and can be used to dock a 10.1 inch tab, well your a better man than me. And any of Samsung and Asus' designers.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You cant blame Samsung for making a better product. The Galaxy s III looks 100 times better than the Iphone 4s.
Yeah. That plastic looks REALLY sexy, man. It feels so elegant and nice in the hand like it's made from quality material.
what i meant, was the screen looks very good on it.
Have you seen the screen on an iPhone 4S? It is incredible. That is all.

giavol

Trophies
XP
Country
You cant blame Samsung for making a better product. The Galaxy s III looks 100 times better than the Iphone 4s.
Yeah. That plastic looks REALLY sexy, man. It feels so elegant and nice in the hand like it's made from quality material.
what i meant, was the screen looks very good on it.
Have you seen the screen on an iPhone 4S? It is incredible. That is all.
Yes i own one, maybe that is the reason why i like the samsung more because i dont have it(i´m a bit of o hoarder :D ). Still the bigger screen looks way better.It has the perfect size.

Of course all of this is my opinion.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
To many people, it doesn't matter. Check out the ipad commercials and what they focus on. They portray it as a portable device you can browse the internet on, listen to music on, stuff like that. That's the kind of stuff people expect when they buy an ipad, and that's what they get. They get a device that's good at what it was designed to do. It's restrictive so techies like us might not like them, but for the average person the ipad does what they need and does it fluently.

Apple may have great marketing, but even they can't sell absolute shit (check out lists of their failed products for plenty of examples). The iPad is a decent device in it's own right for the target audience.
I understand your point but in that sense it looks more to be better marketing on Apples's part than actually selling a better product. Its a shame that advertising for Android is a little scattered since they vary a bit too much to advertise a single product otherwise i'm sure Android would be doing better than iOS is.

In my opinion, I still consider Android more aimed towards the geeks than the audience Apple is targeting iOS devices towards. I mean, Android is still like a science project(Stock form). It's gotten more usable in 4.x though. I mean, I love Android(as an OS. App ecosystem is a different story) but you can't say it's so easy that somebody without any technology experience could just pick it up and comprehend it. Unlike iOS which just makes sense from the get-go to most people.
Actually my first smartphone was an Android and to me it was the easiest to use and much easier to customize to my liking which to me has always been the best bit when getting a new toy is playing around with it and then break its OS and then put it back together. I never tried and iPhone or had anything with iOS on it but I did watch some video comparisons of youtube and it feels clunky and harder to use.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're rejoicing because it's Apple getting slapped. It's pure mindless hatred. I see that in EVERY single Apple thread.

Personally, I've been enjoying alot of the news where Apple gets slapped. Apple hasn't picked a fight with only Samsung.

Actually my first smartphone was an Android and to me it was the easiest to use and much easier to customize to my liking which to me has always been the best bit when getting a new toy is playing around with it and then break its OS and then put it back together. I never tried and iPhone or had anything with iOS on it but I did watch some video comparisons of youtube and it feels clunky and harder to use.

Personally, I can see where iFish is coming from, because I've owned an iPhone myself for a while. I'm using a Galaxy SII right now, and even though I have plenty of technological experience, I personally have a teensy bit of a hard time figuring things out, having just come from iOS, and wanting to root straight out of the box. I really do love everything that can be done with Android, but the one thing I missed about iOS was the App Market. Android is far better when it comes to customizing, I can change whatever the hell I want, the look, the feel, just about everything. iPhone is probably better for people who really don't care for all of the customization, but want a nice looking phone they can show off.

People complain alot about Android lagging alot, but so far after 5 months of owning an Android device, I haven't felt any lag really at all, compared to my old jailbroken iPhone, which I tended to download alot of tweaks from Cydia on. I could go on and on, but you really can't compare them unless you've experienced them both for a decent period of time, they both have their advantages and their downsides. I would hands down go with an Android device though, if I ever need a new phone. Until then, I'll keep rockin' my SII.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[...]iPhone is probably better for people who really don't care for all of the customization, but want a nice looking phone they can show off.[...]

Which is the same reasoning behind why people buy the Beats by Dr. Dre. "If they're expensive and everyone else has them, they must be good!" When in reality you're just buying a fashion statement.

But I'm a guy. The hell do I know about "fashion", right? :D

Edit - working in electronics retail, I make this comparison to customers all the time - "The Beats Box by Dr. Dre over there - $400. You're paying for his name. That thing sounds like crap compared to the $170 SoundFreaq dock here. And this thing is half the size."

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[...]iPhone is probably better for people who really don't care for all of the customization, but want a nice looking phone they can show off.[...]

Which is the same reasoning behind why people buy the Beats by Dr. Dre. "If they're expensive and everyone else has them, they must be good!" When in reality you're just buying a fashion statement.

But I'm a guy. The hell do I know about "fashion", right? :D

I actually bought a knockoff pair of Beats before, for like 100 bucks. They sounded about the same, if not better. Beats are fine, not really worth the price though. As for an iPhone, 200 bucks is about the standard for most high end smartphones (with a 2 year contract), and is reasonable.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
How many people get iPhones "because everyone else has them?"

How many people get Beats "because everyone else has them?"

I'm making a comparison. One comparison does not imply that it is the ONLY comparison.
That's not the only comparison you made, however.

"If they're expensive and everyone else has them, they must be good!" When in reality you're just buying a fashion statement.
Which is directly stating that they're not good and are only a fashion statement, which is false.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm making a comparison. One comparison does not imply that it is the ONLY comparison.

"If they're expensive and everyone else has them, they must be good!" When in reality you're just buying a fashion statement.
Which is directly stating that they're not good and are only a fashion statement, which is false.

That was more directed towards the Beats, but you can't deny the fact that the ownership of an iPhone (or any iDevice, really) also stands for a considerable "class" or "social status".

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That was more directed towards the Beats, but you can't deny the fact that the ownership of an iPhone (or any iDevice, really) also stands for a considerable "class" or "social status".
I can.But by the logic, any phone is a fashion statement.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can sort of agree, although I'm thinking more about the thousands of kids/"hipsters" that walk around with them (I say hipsters because alot of my classmates recently "learned" about what a hipster was, and consider themselves so). My Uncle has an iPhone, but I don't really see him as someone with "class" or a "social status". xD

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can sort of agree, although I'm thinking more about the thousands of kids/"hipsters" that walk around with them (I say hipsters because alot of my classmates recently "learned" about what a hipster was, and consider themselves so). My Uncle has an iPhone, but I don't really see him as someone with "class" or a "social status". xD

Yes, generally it is the younger crowd that would consider that as such, anyone below 25-30 I would pretty much say.

iFish, yes. But how often do you walk around and go "Oh, hey, he has a Samsung Stratosphere!" or "Oh wow look at that Droid RAZR"? Where the iPhone is pretty much unmistakable regardless of what kind of case is on it? I bought my Galaxy Nexus because when I got it, it was one of the best phones you could get. I don't give a damn if everyone can tell I have one (frankly, nobody I know has any idea what it is) and I don't care to have the most popular, "hip" phone out there.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

And for many people, owning an Android device is a "look I'm too cool to be sucked in by the Apple hype" kind of thing.

Just sayin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone