Apple Announces iPhone 5

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On a positive note the new iPod Touch looks pretty solid. $300 for 32GB isn't bad and the device seems a bit more gaming-focused which is a nice touch. Gives me a chance to play all the iOS games I missed.

EDIT: Oh yeah ITT typical "boo apple is shit" thread.

Oh yeah ITT typical "ITT 'boo apple is shit' thread."

I find this funny, my phone is from 2011, and it still has a better screen resolution and camera resolution than the iPhone 5. Granted it's not really that big of a gaming thing, but hey, neither are the iProducts.

iPod looks nice, but still, 300 bucks? Yeah, no.

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd like to know more about the A6 chipset... but nothing was revealed about it.
It's made by Samsung, likely using their 32nm HKMG semi-conductor technology or their latest 28nm one, hence the claims that it's 22% smaller than the A5, it has an embedded quad-core PowerVR SGX543MP4 GPU, it's based on an ARM Cortex A15 SoC, it's dual-core (may be quad-core for future iPads). This is what we know so-far, we'll see what the future holds.

Dingoo-fan 32

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd like to know more about the A6 chipset... but nothing was revealed about it.
It's made by Samsung, likely using their 32nm HKMG semi-conductor technology or their latest 28nm one, hence the claims that it's 22% smaller than the A5, it has an embedded quad-core PowerVR SGX543MP4 GPU, it's based on an ARM Cortex A15 SoC, it's dual-core (may be quad-core for future iPads). This is what we know so-far, we'll see what the future holds.

Thanks for the info, I couldn't find any info about this chipset some hours ago x)
I thought it was going to be based in the Exynos 4, but this chipset was a better choice in my opnion.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I thought it was going to be based in the Exynos 4, but this chipset was a better choice in my opnion.
On 30 November 2011, Samsung released information about their upcoming System on Chip with a dual-core ARM Cortex-A15 CPU, called the Exynos 5250 (later renamed to Exynos 5 Dual).
Everything appears to check out. ;)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Wow, surprised to see so few people being positive about the iPhone 5 here on Temp. You folks are being very sceptical.

The competition always tries to just "tick the boxes" of a checklist. They look at a spec list of a phone of the current market leader and just make a phone that has better specs. It's just doesn't work that way, in my honest opinion
On paper the competition is better than iPhone most of the times. But they forget the user experience. The joy of an OS and features that just work. An phone that is so well designed, it still looks wonderful 2 years after it's purchase. (And yeah, it has seen a lot of use!)

I think there won't be a Temper (except Raulpica) that'll agree with me. But I just want to say the iPhone is horribly underestimated in here. Everybody just jumps on the "LOLWTF APPLE IS STUPID" bandwagon.
As for me, I think the iPhone is an incredible smartphone, especially a few years ago when it blew everybody else. Now, not so impressive, but it's still a great phone.

As for Apple, that's a different story altogether. No, Apple is not stupid. Just incredibly greedy, a blatant gouger, and a bully of epic proportions. My personal theory on Apple's success is that Steve Jobs sold his soul to the devil or something. But this last part is pure speculation on my part though. Everything else on this post stands as is.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to know about the lawsuit that HTC and Samsung have cooking for apple having LTE technology.

"shits about to get real"

$300 for an iTouch is a little much. And (like what was stated before) they removed the "budget and economy" version of the iTouch too.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'd like to know about the lawsuit that HTC and Samsung have cooking for apple having LTE technology.

"shits about to get real"

$300 for an iTouch is a little much. And (like what was stated before) they removed the "budget and economy" version of the iTouch too.
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch

The 4th gen Touch is still on sale at $199.

I'm quite excited about the new iPhone for one reason: it has LTE with my carrier. Super excited about that.
If the price is nice and not as high as the skyrocketing GS3/Note, I'll definitely grab one for my dad.

I heard rumors that the iPhone 5 A6 chip is a dual core Krait processor with a quad core GPU.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only thing I like about the iPhone 5 is the nice hardware, something which Android manufacturers lack, but that's not enough to make me buy an iPhone 5. I find iOS to be a horrible operating system and I'm glad I switched to Android. Let's hope Sony, Samsung, HTC and the others step it up when it comes to carefully designed hardware and quality.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks like another pointless update! some one needs to explain to Apple what the word "Update" actually means! lol

Why would Apple spend even more money to add even more features to the phone, when they could just settle for 'good enough' and still sell just as well?

It's an incremental upgrade. This is what Apple does. They usually only outwardly improve their devices by 20% every iteration. Apparently it's a successful strategy because people are flocking to buy the iPhone.

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
I never liked iPhones in general as a phone, but they do make great multimedia devices.

The iPod Touch seems like a nice little upgrade (for the same price as the previous gen 32GB too) for those still on older devices but want to game properly (some newer releases are only optimized for A5 chips.) I would've considered upgrading my 4th gen but then that little Apple loading swirl popped up in my head and I realized I had an A5X iPad.

Soon though A4's gonna be the new minimum specification for the bigger, better games. Heck some of them aren't even compatible for A4.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was more interested by the ipod touch than the iPhone, but seeing the price of the new ipod touch... they're redoing the same error they did with the ipod touch 3 (overexpensive new model + sell cheaper older model at the same time) 329€ where I live for the entry line 32GB model... I'd be perfectly happy with a 16gb one for cheaper.

At least now we know what to expect for the price of the ipad mini Apple stay Apple.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol at all the people accusing of Apple hate. I think what we're merely trying to say is that this is the final piece in the puzzle for giving Apple the obvious lower-hand. They no longer have the best specs, screens, apps (arguably, about even) and, most importantly for the average consumer, price (though they never were any good at that).

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems that battery life is better now. Hope it last 2 days on my normal usage without recharging

Edit: New headphones: EarPods

12e390ee-7e8e-4ebe-ace6-cb9d0cdbd284.jpg

1b535702-d7fe-47f8-817d-abce8e7ad82b.jpg

fanboy count: 4 (until now)
If I may ask. How the fuck is that spose to fit in your ear? I just can't piece it out how it would fit.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally I think it's nice, it improves upon a lot of things, especially in my case because I've still got a 4. Compared to other smart phones, it has very similar specs so it's nothing more than a matter of personal preference.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From the people crying 'pointless update' what phomes makes incredible updates between generations? Do you guys see anything past spec numbers? The casing design is pretty amazing. The precision on the iphone 4 is pretty amazing but this blows it out of the water. If they where just putting the latest specs in a hunk of oversized plastic phones you'd all be impressed I guess.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
From the people crying 'pointless update' what phomes makes incredible updates between generations? Do you guys see anything past spec numbers? The casing design is pretty amazing. The precision on the iphone 4 is pretty amazing but this blows it out of the water. If they where just putting the latest specs in a hunk of oversized plastic phones you'd all be impressed I guess.
So they improved the case thats a great new addition to a phone that specs isn't any better than the current phones on the market but as long as it looks good then thats all it matters. Its not like any other phone manufacturer made a phone that is both thin and better spec wise, oh wait the Galaxy Note, S3 and a whole bunch of phones made by HTC, Motorola etc already made those oversized hunk of plastic which surprisingly isn't oversized or plastic but ignorance is the only thing apple fanboys have left.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok