nxwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

nexus2cee_rI2QihN_thumb.png
Android Police said:
The leaks continue to flow out of Mountain View. The latest information on Huawei's Nexus 6P, the larger and presumably more expensive of the two Nexus devices Google is expected to announce next week, comes from a public image gallery posted to Imgur. It's a series of slides that appear to be designed for retail employees to use as an information and promotional tool. The slides include a set of hardware specifications and new photos.

UPDATE:
The original presentation slides have been uploaded to Google Docs, which include a few more details in the speaker notes. Specifically, they augment the existing specifications with more information on the RAM, camera, screen, and dimensions:

• The screen will use an AMOLED panel (the same display type as the Nexus 6 and most high-end Samsung designs), not the more typical IPS-LCD
  • The phone uses 3GB of RAM.
  • The rear camera is 12.3 megapixels with an F-stop rating of 2.0. If that seems a bit low for a flagship, it's because the sensor design uses 1.55 μM pixels, which are designed to capture more light than a conventional sensor, much like HTC's former phone designs with "ultrapixel" cameras. The resolution of final images may be less than 12.3 megapixels. The 8 megapixel front-facing camera uses 1.4 μM pixels (the standard design).
  • The Nexus 6P's official dimensions are 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3mm. That's about the same width as the Nexus 6, slightly shorter, and almost 3mm thinner.
  • Another update: Yes, the Nexus 6P has quick charging.

It is believed that the Nexus 6P will be unveiled in San Francisco on September 29.

:arrow:Imgur Gallery
:arrow:Original Presentation Slides
:arrow:Android Police Post

EDIT: Oh crap, it hasn't been announced yet. Sorry for the misleading title xD!

Last edited by nxwing,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tweaked the title.

Anyway size wise that is about the size of an original DS top screen section.

Though I am certainly curious about the camera I still find the massive push for them on phones to be odd. What I would be interested in seeing though is someone turning on the motor when the thing is in portrait mode (similar to the beeps your car might make if you leave the seatbelt off). Would probably improve quite a few things.

Anyway meh but that is typically how I feel about mobile phones, I doubt this will excite me into phone ownership.

Reactions: nxwing

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
What I would be interested in seeing though is someone turning on the motor when the thing is in portrait mode (similar to the beeps your car might make if you leave the seatbelt off). Would probably improve quite a few things.

What use case could you see for this?!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
What use case could you see for this?!

What I would be interested in seeing though is someone turning on the motor when the thing is in portrait mode
people would start to complain... and would have a "don't tell me what to do" effect.. it's a cool idea, but i don't see people enjoying it.. well, we could use a warning on the screen for the first 10 times they try to use the phone in portrait mode... to make sure they know what they are doing..
but seriously, if there are so many people making videos like that, it's because they want\don't give a fuck.. i don't believe they don't know about it.. i mean, they can see what they are filming on the screen.. they can see there is not too much area on the sides... and if they want more area, just turn it..

i recenlty own an android phone, i spend more time using it in landscape than portrait mode, whenever i am texting, using apps\internet browsing, anything... in fact, i had a nokia with a touchscreen and used it mainly in landscape mode as well. and its a small phone compared to what i own now..
it's just more comfortable for me, specially when texting... i feel i am grabbing better the phone so it doesn't fall of my hands..
the only issue is the default keyboard uses a lot of space on the phone, when it could be smaller, with the keyboard on the screen and the top bar, the reading area when texting or in some cases is really small... giving me 2-4 lines of text i am able to read....

Last edited by migles,

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Mainly stopping portrait mode photography and video unless people wanted it.

I'm pretty sure people who are videoing in portrait mode are well aware of the fact they're doing it?
I've never once held a phone in landscape and had a portrait photo/video come out.

aghh @migles beat me to it!

Last edited by Pleng,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad