Hacking Apparently it IS possible to trick nes golf into loading on your switch

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried again with a Kali VM and this time got it working. Turns out I needed to re-install the VMWare Bridge Protocol as Windows 10 Anniversary update disables it for some reason.

View attachment 101713
I've gotten close but I still cant get pegaswitch to launch, im using the win 10 anniversary update but through CMD and with bash.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

npm WARN optional Skipping failed optional dependency /chokidar/fsevents:
npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your operating system or architecture: [email protected]

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've gotten close but I still cant get pegaswitch to launch, im using the win 10 anniversary update but through CMD and with bash.

npm WARN optional Skipping failed optional dependency /chokidar/fsevents:
npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your operating system or architecture: [email protected]
I gave up after multiple attempts with Win10. It took hardly any effort to get it to work in Kali once I got the VM networking sorted. It was literally just a case of installing nodejs, cloning the repo and installing, and then running Pegaswitch. No other steps as everything else was pre-installed in the Kali image.

Reactions: blinkzane

jam1garner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave up after multiple attempts with Win10. It took hardly any effort to get it to work in Kali once I got the VM networking sorted. It was literally just a case of installing nodejs, cloning the repo and installing, and then running Pegaswitch. No other steps as everything else was pre-installed in the Kali image.
I use a similar setup to this w/ Kali running in VirtualBox and using one of my networks through windows (mine is a virtual LAN but it works the same if I use my router)

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's cool to see that other people have gotten this game to work. This is somewhat off-topic, but I figured I would ask it here, since this seems to be the most visible current thread on the "NES Golf" game in the Switch. Plus, many more people now have access to this game, and not just those on a 1.0.0 console that's never been connected to the internet, and Switch hackers.

Anyway, has anyone who has managed to boot this game figured out a way to play holes other than the first hole? Whenever I have tried to play this game on the Switch, I could not get past hole one, no matter what buttons I tried to press on the Joy-Cons. I was also not the only one to have this issue. If not, I wonder if it is now possible to access the other holes in the game with a hack?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
On the github page for pegaswitch read this: https://github.com/reswitched/pegaswitch#windows-support
It basically says windows is not supported at this time and you need the linux subsystem for windows (WSL as they call it).
It is not hard to install WSL and I hear it is basically running a light version of ubuntu that is supported by microsoft.
For those who don't have Win 10, Cygwin should also work (also MSys might work)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's cool to see that other people have gotten this game to work. This is somewhat off-topic, but I figured I would ask it here, since this seems to be the most visible current thread on the "NES Golf" game in the Switch. Plus, many more people now have access to this game, and not just those on a 1.0.0 console that's never been connected to the internet, and Switch hackers.

Anyway, has anyone who has managed to boot this game figured out a way to play holes other than the first hole? Whenever I have tried to play this game on the Switch, I could not get past hole one, no matter what buttons I tried to press on the Joy-Cons. I was also not the only one to have this issue. If not, I wonder if it is now possible to access the other holes in the game with a hack?
It's an Easter egg so it may well just be a single hole and not the full game.

jam1garner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who don't have Win 10, Cygwin should also work (also MSys might work)
Cygwin doesn't work and I really don't suggest anyone install it because of this suggestion, it is a mess in general. If you don't have windows 10 either dual boot linux or run it in a VM.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Cygwin doesn't work and I really don't suggest anyone install it because of this suggestion, it is a mess in general. If you don't have windows 10 either dual boot linux or run it in a VM.
It is a mess indeed, I don't like it but I thought it should in theory work. Has it been tested?
I like MSys better as it's natively compiled for Windows rather than using a library that translates the calls, but that might introduce quirks or have limitations that mean it's less likely to work. On the other hand I could be completely wrong about that and it would work just fine. It's certainly easier to install and manage than Cygwin so it's worth a shot if no one's tried it yet.

jam1garner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a mess indeed, I don't like it but I thought it should in theory work. Has it been tested?
I like MSys better as it's natively compiled for Windows rather than using a library that translates the calls, but that might introduce quirks or have limitations that mean it's less likely to work. On the other hand I could be completely wrong about that and it would work just fine. It's certainly easier to install and manage than Cygwin so it's worth a shot if no one's tried it yet.
It has been tested, it doesn't work.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
windows is pissing me off. I've spent way too long trying to troubleshoot stupid shit. npm stopped working and node refuses to update. its stuck on 4.2.6 and npm wont run when node is on 4.2.6

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So it only run on 1.0? Cant get it to work on 3.0 :X PegaSwitch work fine here after some issues. I recommend using vmware

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So it only run on 1.0? Cant get it to work on 3.0 :X PegaSwitch work fine here after some issues. I recommend using vmware

NES GOLF or Pegaswitch? NES GOLF will work on any Switch, any firmware, if the date is correct. Pegaswitch works on 1.0 - 3.0.

If you're got Pegaswitch running and you've managed to run the setRtc script then you should be set. If you're struggling to launch NES GOLF, hold the joycons in each hand, hands down at your side, the important bit is with the joycons pointing DOWN at the ground, then bring your arms up and swivel the joycons to be facing upright, then reach forward and hold. I couldn't get it to launch until I started with the joycons pointed down towards the ground before doing the motion.

Reactions: machinoman

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NES GOLF or Pegaswitch? NES GOLF will work on any Switch, any firmware, if the date is correct. Pegaswitch works on 1.0 - 3.0.

If you're got Pegaswitch running and you've managed to run the setRtc script then you should be set. If you're struggling to launch NES GOLF, hold the joycons in each hand, hands down at your side, the important bit is with the joycons pointing DOWN at the ground, then bring your arms up and swivel the joycons to be facing upright, then reach forward and hold. I couldn't get it to launch until I started with the joycons pointed down towards the ground before doing the motion.

Yeah I am to stupid for that, I hold the Cons with the Clipper to my body, then I point down, so the Clipper show to the Switch, then I raise them, so the Clipper shows to my body and then I push my Hands in the front and slightly up. Like the dude in Video does. But no clue, cant get it working

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I am to stupid for that, I hold the Cons with the Clipper to my body, then I point down, so the Clipper show to the Switch, then I raise them, so the Clipper shows to my body and then I push my Hands in the front and slightly up. Like the dude in Video does. But no clue, cant get it working
I got it on my third attempt, as long as no one is watching you just keep trying lol.

Reactions: Nezztor

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it came up with some errors doing npm install, however they seemed not to matter
weird, mine goes to a blank debug screen on node start.js

Yes, it came up with some errors doing npm install, however they seemed not to matter
what shell are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work