• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scratch what I said earlier about edited palicos not being able to be sent. It works fine. I think there's some stuff you have to do before hand though.

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi APM, I just got the editor to work successfully, and I'm now trying to muck around with the equipment IDs. It does seem that they do correspond with Kiranico's armor set pages as far as I've seen, which is odd considering there are far more than 255 sets. I did add in full sets, so some of the test armors I added ended up being incomplete sets like Slagtoth, and the empty pieces came up flawed in my equipment box. Talismans can change the rarity depending on the ID but they come out blank with no skills. Weapons on the other hand, I've no idea what happened to them. I even added a test weapon the same ID as my Hidden Saber, but leveled it up to 5, and it came up as a rarity 5 Longsword but with empty fields. Going to do more trial and error and see what I come up with.

Minacchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. Another quick question. Know of any sources where I can download and import an equip box file with all weapons/armor sets in it? Or alternatively an item box with all items in it?

I don't think there are any equip box files with all weapons/armor sets due to limited box spaces, however there are item files on the first page under useful stuff.

Last edited by Minacchi,

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got the weapons working successfully if only at level 1 for each of them, I now have a Dancing Flames, Nightfall Saber, and Blazing Ognar, as well as Zinogre and Kirin low rank armor. Not sure what to do about armor sets with values higher than 255, but for weapons, again, Kiranico's pages have each weapon in order. An easy way of locating what weapon you want is to Ctrl+F "Rare", since every weapon has a rarity, and the browser will pull up X out of Y results, and just keep clicking next until you reach the one you're at, and the Find panel can tell you the number aka the ID.

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I've pretty much confirmed the weapons as simply being in Kiranico order, the level option isn't working though so currently I'll have to gen in the materials needed for each level. Armor IDs over 255 are still a problem.

Captain Jack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone. I'm currently using APM's MHGen Save Editor to make an item box with every known item in the list. And with his permission, I'd upload the files to share it all with you, if anyone's interested. All you'd have to do is download them and import them.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone. I'm currently using APM's MHGen Save Editor to make an item box with every known item in the list. And with his permission, I'd upload the files to share it all with you, if anyone's interested. All you'd have to do is download them and import them.
There's already 2 item lists up already, but the more the merrier.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, start off going here: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Download the Homebrew Starter Kit and unzip it into the root of your 3DS SD card. It will put a file in the root and make a 3DS folder with other stuff.
Remember to unzip the contents of the Starter folder, not the folder itself.

Also get JK's Save Manager: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
Again, unzip it to the root and it will put everything where needed. Same as before, you want the contents, not the folder it's all in in the zip.

Assuming you're using Ocarina of Time, you need: https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

Now, put your OoT in your Powersaves and back up your save.
It goes in C:/Users/<Your User Name>/PowerSaves

On http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ use the Otherapp/robpin tool. Put in your system type (old or new) and the version. Hit download ropbin. It will give you a file, you don't need to save it, just keep it up for reference.
In the zip for the OoT hack, there will be a couple of folders with PowerSaves files. There's two sets, I used the bottom. You may have to try the other if it doesn't work. Go to the folder for the country your system is for, and in it find the file that matches the ropbin file that you have for reference.

Copy that file to the directory of your PowerSaves backups. Copy the name of the backup you had made, then delete/rename it, and paste the name as the new name for the file you grabbed from the OoT folder.
Then when you load up PowerSaves, you restore that file back to the cart.

Then, with your SD card back in your system, load up OoT on your 3DS. Hit A to get to the start, load up the hacked save, and when everything is loaded on screen in the game, hit A. This will boot the Homebrew.

Once in the Homebrew, put your MHG cart in, and go down the list to JK's save program. Select ExtraData, and export. Give it a name and export it.
Now you can pop your SD card in your computer, and run the MHG editor and just load up the exported file, which will be under the SD:/JKSV/ExtData/<Game Name>/<Save Name you choose>

Once you're done, save, then pop the SD back in and just do the same, except Import the extradata.

And you're done.

ok when i try to use the oothax the game say the save is corrupted and deletes it can someone help me get this to work please

Captain Jack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok when i try to use the oothax the game say the save is corrupted and deletes it can someone help me get this to work please
Okay, so you have two options for the OoThax, you have cardids45fe, and cardidsc2fe. Whichever folder you went into is the wrong one. Use the other folder, and select the same file you did before. Make sure you select the right region, and if you're using a new3ds, select one of the "N3DS" ones, and if not, select "OLD" and whatever one corresponds to your 3DS firmware version. Hope I helped.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so you have two options for the OoThax, you have cardids45fe, and cardidsc2fe. Whichever folder you went into is the wrong one. Use the other folder, and select the same file you did before. Make sure you select the right region, and if you're using a new3ds, select one of the "N3DS" ones, and if not, select "OLD" and whatever one corresponds to your 3DS firmware version. Hope I helped.
ok got it to work but i dont see the jk save program on the list

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to properly use the quest completer without blowing up my game, I need to unlock my HR (complete HR7 Urgent)? That's it?
Probably the things after that too.
And maybe the village quests. I wouldn't use it unless I've beat the game and there's some that I don't want to do.

Knightfray

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can what language did you create your save editor? HEX, C#, or C++? Sorry I am new to this style of save editing but I want to try and create something that can edit individual weapons to one shot things. xD (offline of course)

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can what language did you create your save editor? HEX, C#, or C++? Sorry I am new to this style of save editing but I want to try and create something that can edit individual weapons to one shot things. xD (offline of course)
C#. I don't think it's possible to make a weapon 1 hit a monster in MHGen by save editing.

Sofes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I tried editing palico support moves and skills. They seems to appear fine when I check them at the palico board, however they do not activate when i am in the quest, upon checking, the slots are empty.

I under i will need to adjust the RNG... So... What's RNG and what does the nos. represent?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried editing palico support moves and skills. They seems to appear fine when I check them at the palico board, however they do not activate when i am in the quest, upon checking, the slots are empty.

I under i will need to adjust the RNG... So... What's RNG and what does the nos. represent?
There's a link under the FAQ that shows you how to make a legal palico

Last edited by APM,

emojiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C#. I don't think it's possible to make a weapon 1 hit a monster in MHGen by save editing.
i wish it could lol . i played with a lot hackers in the last few days toying around online. some guy had 99,999 attack and defense with basic armor and weapon and killing everything with kicks. there was also a bow gunner person i met who used basic gear and was one shotting everything with cluster shots. im just curious of how they did it. i just played dumb and didnt ask cuz everytime i pointed it out they removed me from their game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about... +1