• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

Grunbeld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for all those with broken boxes 11-14: import this into box 11. it'll clear the last 4 boxes entirely
It would import at first as it was stating that the string was incorrect. Then there was an extra comma at the end after the final zero. Removed that and it worked like a charm.

draco80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I know there's already a few Monster Hunter X save editors, but I noticed that they're not really being updated anymore so I thought I'd make one. This is a save editing tool for both Monster Hunter X and Monster Hunter Generations. It's not fully complete yet and I'll be adding more to this in the future. Make sure to read the FAQs at the bottom of the page as it answers many common questions.

Current Version: v0.06

Features:
Character Editor (Name, Hr, face, color)
Funds Editor
Equipment Editor
Item Box Editor
Item Pouch Editor
Palico Editor
Craftable items unlocker
More to come

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/WiEOb

Download:
https://goo.gl/O2fJOH

Source:
https://github.com/ezapm/APMMHXSaveEditor

Alternative Download Links:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-_HHS-_cr62Uk44eFBOaTNPLXM&usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!pVkhFA6J!B-eWOeDMz4n8m39FRhjvdQ

Requires:
.NET Framework 4.0
A way to export your save data (extdata)

Instructions:
1. Use your favorite save manager (SaveDataFiler or JK Save Manager (No CFW Required) or anything that can extract extdata) to extract the system file from the extdata (00001870)
2. Open it and edit it to your liking
3. Use your favorite save manager to import it back into the extdata
Note: Always make a back up!

Currently Working On:

Lots

Special thanks to svanheulen for the offsets and everything else he's done for the MH Community!

Game IDs
Palico Support Moves / Palico Skills By @DesDes-san
http://pastebin.com/S54vGaMD
Item ID List:
http://puu.sh/q3Nx0/0c2bc5cf30.txt

Change Logs:
v0.06
-Learned Skill RNG is now pointing to the right values. Thanks to @adiktus for pointing that out
-Learned Action RNG is now pointing to the right values. Thanks to @adiktus for pointing that out
-Equpped/Learned Skill IDs in palico editpr has been replaced with a list. Credits to @DesDes-san for the list
-Equipped/Learned Action IDs in palico editor has been replaced with a list. Credits to @DesDes-san for the list

v0.05c
-You can choose the item amount to set all items to now. (Under tools -> Item Box Tools)

v0.05b
-Fixed a small bug where if you saved while in prowler form, your player's name will change to your prowler's name

v0.05
-Unlock all craftable Palico gear
-Export Equipments
-Import Equipments
-Export Equipment Box
-Import Equipment Box
-Edit equipment charms (Don't have the IDs for the charms for now so you'll have to figure them out) (Thanks to @Jan Tan for the offsets)

v0.04d
-Fixed a loading issue when people have no save on slot 1, but had saves on other 2

v0.04c
-Added item box exporter

v0.04b
-Updated the item list to the English localization

v0.04
-Unlock all craftable armors
-Unlock all craftable weapons

v0.03
-Name, Color, Play Time is now stored correctly (Was only saving to the loading screen before, Note that color won't be shown till loaded)
-Added an item list importer (An item list is a .txt file with Item IDs separated by commas Eg. http://puu.sh/q3ftZ/57c104696e.txt)

v0.02
-Added color changer under general tab
-Fixed an issue with Hunter Arts being casted as a byte instead of UInt16 causing people to have save errors
-Fixed an issue where i forgot to save the play time

v0.01
-Initial Release

FAQs

Q: Is this for Monster Hunter X or Monster Hunter Generations?
A: This is a save editing tool for both Monster Hunter X and Monster Hunter Generations.

Q: How do I access HomeBrew on 11.0??
A: https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-13#post-6534055

Q: Why does palico skills keep resetting once I select them?
A: Game has it's own checks in place which doesn't allow you to do anything too extreme
Here's some rules translated by @Etesy
https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-21#post-6536347
Here's an example of a Palico: https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-27#post-6537880

Q: What's an item list?
A: A .txt that has item IDs separated by a comma, for example:
http://puu.sh/q3ftZ/57c104696e.txt
http://puu.sh/q3NN4/94a7266c48.txt

Q: How do I edit my other 2 characters?
A: Menu -> Switch Player

Q: I can't upgrade my equipment even though I have 99x of them in my item box!
A: Put required items from your item box into your inventory, then upgrade them. Also make sure you have enough spaces for scrap in your item box.
If you're upgrading Deviant gear make sure you have enough scraps!

Q: I can't make DLC palico items!!!
A: Take the main item (for example sf coin) to a harvest tour, talk to the Transpurrter (The cat next to the barrel that sends items to your box) and send your sf coin, then complete the quest

Known Issues:
None at the moment :toot:

Please help if you can, I'm trying to look for a list of equipment ids and stuff

first of all thanks alot for the editor, i have few questions and one request can you post in the main page full list of equipment - items? like in powersave with one check box you can have all armors and items in your boxes . my question is can you give us option to change stats on weapons and armors like gateway gives immortal mode or 20k damage weapons, will you add option to create charms? or edit their stats, last question is x serious armors best armors in game? which style weapon do you recommend thanks alot again and what is one hit prowler i keep reading anout ? can you give us tut on how to make one thanks again

ukee

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@APM maybe you should include a backup feature for people that unfortunately stumble upon bugs and have their save file unusable.

Not necessary but just a suggestion.

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
@APM maybe you should include a backup feature for people that unfortunately stumble upon bugs and have their save file unusable.

Not necessary but just a suggestion.
There is a backup feature. Its the "save as" button after you done editing. @APM even directly told you to always make backups before doing anything in his first post.

ukee

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
There is a backup feature. Its the "save as" button after you done editing. @APM even directly told you to always make backups before doing anything.
What I meant was something like a backup of the 'Save' button, where another copy of the original save file is saved. Like system.bak or whatever.

draco80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I meant was something like a backup of the 'Save' button, where another copy of the original save file is saved. Like system.bak or whatever.
jk editor doest that for you and when you exdata always make new exdata like mod1 mod2 mod3 so u have several backups

ukee

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
jk editor doest that for you and when you exdata always make new exdata like mod1 mod2 mod3 so u have several backups
Yeah but sometimes some people edit their saves directly on the sd card itself, where JKSM export the save files. And at times people don't even make backups through JKSM, and seeing how there's an influx of new users to Homebrew itself I doubt they'll make a backup.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all thanks alot for the editor, i have few questions and one request can you post in the main page full list of equipment - items? like in powersave with one check box you can have all armors and items in your boxes . my question is can you give us option to change stats on weapons and armors like gateway gives immortal mode or 20k damage weapons, will you add option to create charms? or edit their stats, last question is x serious armors best armors in game? which style weapon do you recommend thanks alot again and what is one hit prowler i keep reading anout ? can you give us tut on how to make one thanks again
Don't have an equipment list. You can always import an item list, I'm not making one myself. You can't give 999999 attack by save editing. I may create a feature to create charms in the future once i or someone else figures everything out. idk, i barely touched the game

I'd rather not. I really dislike .bak files being automatically created, and it will take more effort to click menu - > create backup then delete the .bak than to hit ctrl+c and ctrk+v. Besides I think that system_backup is a same copy I think (don't quote me on this one).

Last edited by APM, , Reason: Woops quoted wrong person

Krustenkäse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you!!! I didn't have a micro SD adapter too lol I really appreciate the help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Apologies, but still have more questions to come. What is the root file for the 3ds SD card? All of this jargon just flies over my head, I don't understand any of it lol might possibly be asking questions all day until I can get a fully and extremely simplified step by step list T_T
The Root is the folder you're in as soon as you get into "MicroSD"

And no Problem. :)

draco80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't have an equipment list. You can always import an item list, I'm not making one myself. You can't give 999999 attack by save editing. I may create a feature to create charms in the future once i or someone else figures everything out. idk, i barely touched the game

I'd rather not. I really dislike .bak files being automatically created, and it will take more effort to click menu - > create backup then delete the .bak than to hit ctrl+c and ctrk+v. Besides I think that system_backup is a same copy I think (don't quote me on this one).

Apm i want to be programmer like you do you recommend learning c# and .net framework?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New update: v0.07
What's new:
-Fixed a small bug where freshly hired palcios would show up as [empty] in the palcio box
-Added Delete All Items in item box option
-Added Delete All equipments in equipment box option
-Added clear selected equipment box button
-Added clear selected item box button
-Added clear selected item pouch button

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but sometimes some people edit their saves directly on the sd card itself, where JKSM export the save files. And at times people don't even make backups through JKSM, and seeing how there's an influx of new users to Homebrew itself I doubt they'll make a backup.
Then don't edit the save on the SD card. When your done editing a file, don't just save it. Press the "save as" button and keep a copy of the original in your computer. This is the first you should always do and failure to do so falls on entirely your fault. For the new users, it says clearly on @APM 's first post, ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS. You chose to ignore his warnings and faced the consequences. Now you want APM to make a backup feature on his editor?

Last edited by Jesus10101,

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apm i want to be programmer like you do you recommend learning c# and .net framework?
Depends what you want to get into I guess. I think starting with C or java is better? I started off learning python in highschool then C in first year of college which I enjoyed more. I got into C# because winforms was so much easier than that swing bs.

Last edited by APM,

MistahMoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disregard my last post, I was able to fix it, unfortunately my issues aren't over.

Using JK Save Manager, I'm supposed to go Extra Data Options>Export ExtData>New>Name the file>Transfer SD Card to PC>Load file from Save Editor correct?

However, there are no files for me to load with the editor. Nothing is under JKSV after exporting my save file, I only see a filter.txt

EDIT: Got everything solved :)

Last edited by MistahMoo,

ukee

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Now that I look at it, they are the same file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: gonna try downloading something with jdownloader @SylverReZ