• Views 1,294,492
  • Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

ThatBenderGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have finished my special permits editor. Tested it on a save file with only 1 character so if someone with a character in slots 2 and 3 could test it then that would be nice. Also I don't think adding tickets to a monster you haven't unlocked will unlock it. I am testing it right now and will post back with results

https://github.com/ThatBenderGuy/MHGenSpecialPermitEditor

EDIT:
No, adding tickets to a monster you don't have unlocked will NOT unlock it.

Last edited by ThatBenderGuy,

bournejason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi, just want to ask for the Palico generator, after selecting Forte and 2 RNG numbers, I got a cat with 4 initial move slots and 2 skill slots, then what? I cannot change any other empty slot to a move or skill.. so what does this generator do exactly?

PS: If anyone can make a Palico generator as the Charm editor to tell you the move/skill is valid or not dynamically, that will be a great job!

Last edited by bournejason,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have finished my special permits editor. Tested it on a save file with only 1 character so if someone with a character in slots 2 and 3 could test it then that would be nice. Also I don't think adding tickets to a monster you haven't unlocked will unlock it. I am testing it right now and will post back with results

https://github.com/ThatBenderGuy/MHGenSpecialPermitEditor

EDIT:
No, adding tickets to a monster you don't have unlocked will NOT unlock it.
sorry man, but its actually very easy to max your tickets. Just give yourself a large number of wycademy points and just by any unlocked ones from "Neko (means cat)"

Hi, just want to ask for the Palico generator, after selecting Forte and 2 RNG numbers, I got a cat with 4 initial move slots and 2 skill slots, then what? I cannot change any other empty slot to a move or skill.. so what does this generator do exactly?

PS: If anyone can make a Palico generator as the Charm editor to tell you the move/skill is valid or not dynamically, that will be a great job!
click 'generate' after selecting those options

bournejason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
click 'generate' after selecting those options
maybe I was not clear. take assisting cat as example.
After selecting the options I clicked on 'generate' then I get a cat with
Learned Actions: Poison Purr-ison/Cheer Horn/Mini barrel Bomb/Herb Horn
Learned Skills: Monsterdar/Pro Trapper

what I can ONLY do is switch Cheer Horn to Emergency Retreat, but once I click 'generate' again, it simply back to Cheer Horn again..
And for other empty slots I can select NOTHING from the pull-down list because the pull-down list is just blank.
So I don't know what this generator should do?

Joshua11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone at least help me with my problems? every time I enter the cat Armory it crashes. I tried doing it with my cat on and it doesn't crash but when my cat is not with me it it crashes like I click armor and it crashes for me. Can someone help!?!

ThatBenderGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry man, but its actually very easy to max your tickets. Just give yourself a large number of wycademy points and just by any unlocked ones from "Neko (means cat)"
I know but if you are bringing your save onto the computer you can save time by just editing the tickets instead of giving yourself a lot of wycademy points

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, whats wrong with my palico? Assisting type
-snip-

Everything seems ok but PalicoCheckTool says that "invalid or dlc palico" on learned actions and learned skills. Also skills and moves are reseting.
Can you screenshot its learned actions and skills in the editor for us? Also, did you make sure its equipped skills/supports match?

I crash everytime I go into the Palico armory. When I talk to the guy and click on one of them It didn't work and I crashed but when I get my Palico and try it it doesn't crash. It's weird. I want to fix it. I already deleted the Cat that might have been crashing it but it happens with every cat. I need help!
Sounds like one of your cats doesn't have a weapon equipped... Did you import a cat or create a new one with the editor? Try exporting every palico and then using the palico check tool to check their equipment slots.

maybe I was not clear. take assisting cat as example.
After selecting the options I clicked on 'generate' then I get a cat with
Learned Actions: Poison Purr-ison/Cheer Horn/Mini barrel Bomb/Herb Horn
Learned Skills: Monsterdar/Pro Trapper

what I can ONLY do is switch Cheer Horn to Emergency Retreat, but once I click 'generate' again, it simply back to Cheer Horn again..
And for other empty slots I can select NOTHING from the pull-down list because the pull-down list is just blank.
So I don't know what this generator should do?
Did you make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the palico generator?

1Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
What do you have to type to change your character's skin color from white to brown (or black) ?

The character I have is Caucasian/white and this was typed in the skin color (RGBA) box: F0DDCCFF

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey @APM is there any way to get infinite items in the pouch like MH4?
i tried but they get away when i started the quest xD

as stated billion times throughout the thread, simple answer No.

There is an ingame checker when you load up a quest that removes anything suspicious.

APM should note this on 1st page actually. the ingame checker happens the moment someone starts a quest

1Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Please help me out.

I'd love to know how to change my hunter's skin color correctly without messing up my savedata.

I tried searching on Google and found out that there's no info on how to change the (RGBA)

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me out.

I'd love to know how to change my hunter's skin color correctly without messing up my savedata.

I tried searching on Google and found out that there's no info on how to change the (RGBA)
Since human hunters have a very specific slider for skin tones (unlike palicoes) my first suggestion would be to create a new file with the skin tone you want, save, open the save editor, switch to that character, copy their skin tone, go to the character you want to edit, and then paste it over the original. If you cannot do this, there IS an alternative, but it will require an art program that shows you HTML colors, like so:
CqB6fz9.png

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup best approach is simple create a whole new hunter, and move his data to your actual hunter. i've done this in mh4u and mhgen. so its easy and possible.

Knitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
APM should note this on 1st page actually. the ingame checker happens the moment someone starts a quest

I don't think that would work since like 99% of the people that post questions here don't bother reading to begin with, hence the massive repeats of the same exact questions; eg. "how to get homebrew working" (even though there are entire sections of this website dedicated to step-by-step how-to guides), "why isn't it extracting the save data" (when the game itself tells you it saves to extra data), etc...

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that would work since like 99% of the people that post questions here don't bother reading to begin with, hence the massive repeats of the same exact questions; eg. "how to get homebrew working" (even though there are entire sections of this website dedicated to step-by-step how-to guides), "why isn't it extracting the save data" (when the game itself tells you it saves to extra data), etc...
They come here from a search engine, I'm sure. >>

And yeeeah, it goes out of its way to do so, too. Every single moment it can POSSIBLY remind you. It's like they're trying to make it clear that "LOL CAN'T USE POWERSAVES THIS TIME" or something...

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp. Just confirmed the location and mechanics of the Guild Card ID. Hopefully it can be implemented soon (info has already been passed to APM)

All that's left regarding the save I plan to share is [possibly] getting the character importer/exporter updated slightly to facilitate re-importing palicos/etc on an imported save slot without them registering as not native and finishing up the deviant and arena quests.

Last edited by iSharingan,

Joshua11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you screenshot its learned actions and skills in the editor for us? Also, did you make sure its equipped skills/supports match?

Sounds like one of your cats doesn't have a weapon equipped... Did you import a cat or create a new one with the editor? Try exporting every palico and then using the palico check tool to check their equipment slots.

Did you make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the palico generator?

No I deleted all of my cats then got a new one but I'm going to get a new cat and do the check thing maybe that'll help thanks!

xAnotherDaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Welp. Just confirmed the location and mechanics of the Guild Card ID. Hopefully it can be implemented soon (info has already been passed to APM)

All that's left regarding the save I plan to share is [possibly] getting the character importer/exporter updated slightly to facilitate re-importing palicos/etc on an imported save slot without them registering as not native and finishing up the deviant and arena quests.
With guild card id you mean that we can change stuff like monster size? I think this is the biggest pain in the ass. As I suggested to @APM , it'd be nice if we could find a way to set the numbers for crowns and awards purposes, since the editor can already fiddle with numbers in kill/capture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld