Hacking Anyway to convert Gateway's Zelda save to SavDataFiler compatible ?

Ra1d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wait., what region is your console? I am not sure where Canada is but I thought it was in NA. :)

My Console is Australian - EU. Majora's Mask Edition :)

ok, why doesn't everyone keep trying. if it worked for you once, it might work again... :)
i don't mind testing about 20 more times

On the previous page I posted that I tried launching it at least 50 times, and I'm still trying a few times every time I turn on my console.

Stupid question. I know we have been trying to extract a cart save and injecting it into a cia. Have we tried injecting the save file supplied by Gateway into to the cia? That file has everything that is needed. Not sure if it is possible or not.

I tried restoring the save file provided by gateway using NTR save plugin, which broke my game, whenever I launched my game all the slots were empty but I if tried to create one, it said : "An error has occured. Hold the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again", re-download fixed this, although I don't know if it's the save file or the plugin itself, because I wasn't even sure if NTR plugin supported encrypted saves.

Guys, I really don't know how it worked, but it worked for me, using the save gamequest1 provided, I wasn't fooling around or pranking anyone as it's in my interest to make it work rather than brag about something that didn't happen, it worked and then it stopped working, for some reason it stopped working after I injected my backed-up emuNAND, although it did load once into emuNAND, after that it stopped working and kept giving me white screens too.

Reactions: thorasgar and cearp

Ra1d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
By the way guys, according to this post on maxconsole, some guy transferred his sav from cartridge to digital version using the legit transfer tool and he still gets the black/white screen, so the payload is probably not the issue, but something with the launcher.dat

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...ave-savegame-for-digital-version-of-zelda-oot
yeah thats the issue with it, the payload is similar to how emunand works, the save00.bin and system.bin are like the SD files and the payload is stored outside of the filesystem at the end of the save.....thats how i remade the save but with slot1 auto selected, i edited the save, re-imported it then added the payload back onto the end of the save......i think the same could probably be done with the eshop version, but as i said i don't have it so i cant really test it out :).....i guess it just depends on how the 3DS handles SD saves etc and if you can pad the save to allow the payload to be added at the correct offset (and if it would even try to read it correctly like that)

Ra1d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah thats the issue with it, the payload is similar to how emunand works, the save00.bin and system.bin are like the SD files and the payload is stored outside of the filesystem at the end of the save.....thats how i remade the save but with slot1 auto selected, i edited the save, re-imported it then added the payload back onto the end of the save......i think the same could probably be done with the eshop version, but as i said i don't have it so i cant really test it out :).....i guess it just depends on how the 3DS handles SD saves etc and if you can pad the save to allow the payload to be added at the correct offset (and if it would even try to read it correctly like that)

Is it complicated to try this ? Would I be able to do this myself ?

I mean what would I need to do this ?

Ra1d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well guys, it seems thanks to gamesquest1, we figured out what the problem is, as it turns out launcher.dat is reading the payload from the cartridge and not the .sav file(that is in your Nintendo 3DS folder), that means by restoring the .sav file provided by GW to a random non-OOT cartridge(of course you rename the .sav file to the one that will match the game you use) will let you launch GW menu using your digital OOT by inserting said random game into the cartridge slot before you press "A" to launch the exploit.

I guess it's somehow possible to make launcher.dat believe that the GW cart itself is the OOT, since it worked for me, but I have no idea how I did it the first time, all I know is that I had 0000400000033600.sav (which is GW's rom format save file) in the root of my microSD, although I never played OOT rom before.

We will less likely be able to make the launcher.dat believe that GW cart is OOT again, but if everyone who is interested will e-mail gateway about it, we'll probably get it fairly soon , seeing how simple this should be for gateway.

Reactions: Framedspider

Ra1d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, please send new e-mails if possible to Gateway about e-Shop Zelda support, if you have a digital Zelda OOT, it will be much more convenient to use if they release a save file/method that will work without needing a cartridge, instead of downgrading mset.

If they get enough interested users, they will do it faster.

Ra1d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Or use the new mset downgrade from Gateway.

Guys, please send new e-mails if possible to Gateway about e-Shop Zelda support, if you have a digital Zelda OOT, it will be much more convenient to use if they release a save file/method that will work without needing a cartridge, instead of downgrading mset.

If they get enough interested users, they will do it faster.

Digital Zelda OOT in my eyes is far superior due to the fact that you don't have to downgrade anything and is arguably faster.

Ra1d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see MSET having any flavors over an e-Shop OOT to be honest.

MSET cons :

1)Disables some of your N3DS system settings.
2)Unconfirmed, but possibly will have to be launched again with CN/OOT (cartridge if you don't have e-shop OOT) after playing a DS game.
3)Downgrading is always risky.

Zelda OOT cons :

None...aside from the fact that we don't have a save file that launches the GW menu properly :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't see MSET having any flavors over an e-Shop OOT to be honest.

MSET cons :

1)Disables some of your N3DS system settings.
2)Unconfirmed, but possibly will have to be launched again with CN/OOT (cartridge if you don't have e-shop OOT) after playing a DS game.
3)Downgrading is always risky.

Zelda OOT cons :

None...aside from the fact that we don't have a save file that launches the GW menu properly :P
and you have to buy eshop oot so it would probably be a fairly small audience, guess it depends on if they think its worth the effort when mset is free and everyone can use it

Reactions: cearp

Ra1d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
and you have to buy eshop oot so it would probably be a fairly small audience, guess it depends on if they think its worth the effort when mset is free and everyone can use it

Yeah, like I said for people that already own OOT, I do realize that with this update no one would buy the Zelda OOT just because of the reasons I listed.

I on the other hand would like to take advantage of that and also.... Gateway promised :cry:

c8972b4fe00fe27b41f80b0c45952033.jpg

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yeah i don't think they will update support for oot, no real reason to not use mset (in their mind)
i'm not really regretting my oot purchase a few days ago, because we had no idea gw would give mset (and this soon), i've only bought oot myself once, so that's ok :D

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can confirm that you can use ds games and ds carts without the mset exploit going all whacked out, it works, kinda like best of both worlds. ;)

Reactions: Framedspider

CreativeMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Plus, if you missed it, zoogie fixed the o3DS ROPInstaller for NDS cart and it's now working with N3DS (use only 9.x launcher.dat option, other are for o3DS).

So now even if you erase the MSET exploit, you don't need OOT/CN anymore to reinstall it.

You can find it here : http://goo.gl/VRRc4E (sorry for short URL but can't copy / paste from my phone the complete URL...)

Framedspider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used the SD tool app to transfer over the gateway save from my retail copy to my Digital copy. Tried to load it up and gets the same error... But If I try it again with the digital copy to load the save "WITH" the Retail copy of Zelda OOT pluged in, it works. By the way the SD tool app formats the retail card after it transfers the save to the digital copy. So... The payload is carried over but it needs the chip Id from the retail cart present to work. Making all of this pointless. Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.