Gaming Anyone prefer Digital VS Hardcopies?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like physical copies for something that isn't going anywhere, a console. But for my handhelds, its really awesome to go anywhere with a huge collection of games on my 3DS without having to bring a bunch of physical games with me.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
I like physical copies for something that isn't going anywhere, a console. But for my handhelds, its really awesome to go anywhere with a huge collection of games on my 3DS without having to bring a bunch of physical games with me.
I would totally go 100% digital for the 3DS if the prices were actually cheaper, with them being more expensive than physical versions, I cant justify the purchase.

drixil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer physical, as I love building collections and enjoy boxart and whatnot. However, I do really like the convenience and (nearly) instant gratification of digital distribution.

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i can play my digital copy without the need of some subscription then I prefer that. Otherwise it's hard copy all day.

TCRe

Bright Studios
Trophies
XP
Country
Until mid 2012 I was very against digital but recently I have actually gone all digital. Most of my physical games have been traded in or given away and the money gained was used to upgrade the storage on all my systems. Now I can not be bothered to change physical disks or carts when I can have all my games installed on a memory card or HDD.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard copies since you can't really import digital copies can you.

>Make Japanese account in whatever console you're importing from.
>Buy games.
>????
>Be a weaboo

But given a choice between two identical games, one digital and one physical, at the same price with no benefits to either, I'd choose physical. But I prefer digital if it's cheaper or on a handheld. With handhelds especially it's a pain in the ass to carry around all your cartridges. When you have them all digital they're all there and you don't have to worry about losing them.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'll always go with physical, UNLESS its a Japanese region game and import fees are hell, then I'll get it digital.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like seeing and being able to touch what I'm buying. And I love the art for the boxes and discs, instruction manuals in color are a blast too... but those are a dead breed. =l

Toasty

Queen
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I definitely prefer getting the disc, why go digital and still pay $60 for a game? If there was a discount I might, but there's absolutely no reason to go digital, all the cons outweigh the pros. My PS3 has a maximum of 111GB hard drive space which is a lot unless I was downloading digital games, that would take no time to fill up. I love having the cases and manuals with my games, I very rarely (if ever) purchase a game without them. I will look elsewhere if the case/manual aren't included. There are so many titles that aren't available on PSN, and it takes literally forever to download a game, even on a fast connection. In 20 years who says Sony will still be around? I'm paranoid that if PSN goes down, the games playability goes down the shitter too.

The only way I like to keep a digital collection is something like the DS + a 32GB flashcart. I sold all my DS games and have the ROMs of them on the flashcart, that's pretty convenient.

Guerillaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard copies, hands down. I have over 100 physical games and less than 100 digital games. I want the game in my hands. The only reason to me to justify digital is on a handheld so you can carry a lot of games on the go. With a console, there is no reason for digital.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I prefer physical copies. I like that digital tends to be quicker than optical, but I grew up with physical copies, and I'll only get a digital copy if there aren't any physical copies in my local store. This excludes older games though, like psclassics and such.

NukaCamz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Physical, there is a certain satisfaction from actually holding the game in your hands. Also in terms of safety, I don't think there is a clear leader either way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY