Anyone know a good recovery tool for my SD card?

reddragon4000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My entire Nintendo 3DS folder on my SD card disappeared all of a sudden a few months ago, and I haven't used it since so I don't risk overwriting any data (if it's still there). I just turned on my 3DS one day and it said it was making new HOME Menu data for the card, I hope it didn't ruin anything. I also tried to "recover" the card with Windows when it told me about how something was wrong with the card, but it didn't do anything.

Does anyone know a good SD card recovery tool I can use to get my files back? Thanks.

Also, the card is a legit 16 GB SanDisk microSD that was properly formatted to FAT32 when I first started using it, maybe around a year ago.

reddragon4000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked that up and people say it's mediocre and just undeletes stuff that is marked as deleted. Is there anything more serious out there?
I'm thinking ddrescue but idk if it's solely for recovering drives or if it just makes a complete image of the drive, I wouldn't know how to extract my data from the image if that were the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...