Hacking Anyone care to send me a Wii Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I just realized MIOS and BC are missing too. If Brawl ran, then updates are blocked.

Foez, what are the first four characters of the serial number?

Edit: I'm going on a vacation this weekend, I'm not sure if I'll have time to post until Monday.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
hw100329***

Damn. If updates are being blocked then the options of hacking this wii are becoming really slim.

The only other thing I can think of trying to do is hooking up my savemii to some test points, but that has likely been ripped from the SM also.

Anyone else have any other ideas? Time to start thinking outside of the box here. Too bad it'd be nearly impossible to brute force the nand key. We certainly have no way of accessing the seeprom from any kind of hardware hack... well, at least with what I have access to.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah all the Canadian Wii Mini's have serials starting with HW, like this pic from the Eurogamer review:-
600x-1

Reactions: JoostinOnline

LordX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any news ? or project is dead ?
btw it have any SD card menus in the settings/channels or in saves ?
Anyone try to found SD card mount points in the motherboard ? looks like 20 pins port in the front is a WiFi module not a SD card port. also I don't know any exploit for wifi.
also possible IOS not have any SD card support so it will never try to access it.
how about hotswap original game with dvdr with modified DOL files, like we do for fixing 003 or something like this? mario kart channel wad swap , maybe possible to install normal 4.3u.wad ( don't forget to make NAND backup ).

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
This project will get picked back up once I can get all my stuff back from my apartment. At the very least I have to get it back together and send it back to the kind gentleman who sent it to me.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm guessing that "wife situation" is still not resolved...
I think that she got some money from N to hold progress.

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just a thought: Is the SD circuit completely removed? The nand's contents are absolutely the same(except mios that is missing)? The SD menu is presented in Wii menu or not? Did you check any of these? I was thinking that they didn't change completely the circuits of mobo because it is like rebuilding the whole console and they have to run into many reliability tests, testings and probably software updates... Maybe they didn't go so far, which means that they something left...

Edit: Sorry... Forget it... I've just read the entire topic.

Even if we knew an exploit.... is it possible to emulate the wii update to a fake server, for example in local network?

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyone else have any other ideas? Time to start thinking outside of the box here.
Just a couple of thoughts... :rolleyes:
Does the Wii Mini get internet access using the Wii LAN Adapter? :huh:
And what about a Bluetooth based exploit (it's constantly being used by the Wiimotes)?:P
If someone with hacking skills could find a similar exploit by analyzing the code of the IOSes that deal with that protocol in the regular Wii, it would also work with the Mini version!:gun:
And the same could apply to a USB based exploit, just like in the case of the first PS3 Jailbreak!:creep:

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe this sounds stupid, but I remember something like a wii resque disc, floating around the internet ( the nintendo disc with a fish on it). If you could hook up a wode maybe this thing could reveal some info ?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Maybe this sounds stupid, but I remember something like a wii resque disc, floating around the internet ( the nintendo disc with a fish on it). If you could hook up a wode maybe this thing could reveal some info ?
The problem would be connecting a Wode to the thing in the first place. I understand the connector is different.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also curious about the LAN adapter.

Also, Brawl installs the BC/MIOS stuff? Why? It's not like Brawl is using GameCube mode :wtf:
Also, wouldn't the newer Wiis that don't play GameCube games lack those as well? I'm curious as I have never used one.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am also curious about the LAN adapter.

Also, Brawl installs the BC/MIOS stuff? Why? It's not like Brawl is using GameCube mode :wtf:
Also, wouldn't the newer Wiis that don't play GameCube games lack those as well? I'm curious as I have never used one.
I guess because the controller options, you can play ssbb with gc controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica