Hacking Question Anyone able to boot into Horizon using Atmosphere 16.1 with a defective SD card slot?

fvig2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi.

So one of my switches has a defective sd card slot due to a missing pin on the Switch's connector. I upgraded my normal switch and I was able to boot to Horizon without problems. I used the same card (fat32) on the switch with the defective slot and it hangs in blackscreen when sept is supposed to appear.

Anyone with the same SD card problem able to use atmosphere 16? At this point, I can only use Atmosphere 15 on mine.

*edit:
The issue seemed to be caused by hekate seemingly. I ended up asking for help from CTCaer on the retronnx discord and he gave me a workaround that wrote something on the SD card and now I can use hekate 5.5.1. Hopefully I can have the pins fixed.

Last edited by fvig2001,

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hi.

So one of my switches has a defective sd card slot due to a missing pin on the Switch's connector. I upgraded my normal switch and I was able to boot to Horizon without problems. I used the same card (fat32) on the switch with the defective slot and it hangs in blackscreen when sept is supposed to appear.

Anyone with the same SD card problem able to use atmosphere 16? At this point, I can only use Atmosphere 15 on mine.

Annoyingly, on my legit emunand, I updated through system settings and it ended up getting bricked.

*edit:
I have tried out a lot of things and I was able to boot into horizon on my Switch using an older version of Hekate (5.3.3). It seems my issue was caused by Hekate not supporting 1 bit mode when launching horizon.

you can fix the connector by soldering the connector trace for the missing pin directly to the sd card slot but its tricky and
you need to be very good

fvig2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
you can fix the connector by soldering the connector trace for the missing pin directly to the sd card slot but its tricky and
you need to be very good

It's 2 pins actually and I'm not that good tbh. Is there a place where I can see the pin outs so that maybe I can hire someone to make the jumpers.

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
It's 2 pins actually and I'm not that good tbh. Is there a place where I can see the pin outs so that maybe I can hire someone to make the jumpers.

i'm not sure but if you find a good professional he can check the pins and traces with a multimeter
so you only need good technician

fvig2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah, CTCaer gave me pinouts for it, so I can have a cellphone store fix it for me. At least he helped me with the issue and can now boot to 11.01.

pedrosuarez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yeah, CTCaer gave me pinouts for it, so I can have a cellphone store fix it for me. At least he helped me with the issue and can now boot to 11.01.
I was going through something similar but I could not repair it, please could you send me the pinouts and if it were possible the solution that CTcaer wrote on your sd card so that you can use hekate 5.5.1, I would be very grateful.
excuse my bad english i use google translate.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fvig2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I was going through something similar but I could not repair it, please could you send me the pinouts and if it were possible the solution that CTcaer wrote on your sd card so that you can use hekate 5.5.1, I would be very grateful.
excuse my bad english i use google translate.
CTCaer hasn't made the tool public. You'd have to ask him at the retronx discord (https://discord.gg/erNC4FB) at hekate-support.

Just refer to:
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/535

as he says:
"If anyone else can't boot, has a broken sd card reader (1bit mode) and they could before, message me."

@LyuboA, I looked at the thread someone replied to and CTCaer doesn't prefer the solution described there (each pin was rewired/used jumpers). His recommended solution was to use an enamel cable along the trace of the missing pin and bend it to simulate the missing pin.

Thanks.

Last edited by fvig2001,

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I looked at the thread someone replied to and CTCaer doesn't prefer the solution described there (each pin was rewired/used jumpers). His recommended solution was to use an enamel cable along the trace of the missing pin and bend it to simulate the missing pin.

Thanks.

yaa that would be much better

Last edited by LyuboA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F