thomaspajamas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I just played the Max Payne game for GBA, and I am seriously impressed. I mean, I was expecting the typical half-assed port where they just turn the game into a horrible side-scrolling platformer type situation (splinter cell?), but this game was actually fun. First of all, the level layout stays really true to the original game (from what I remember, I haven't played the original in a while and im not too far in this one, but so far it seems spot on). But what's even more incredible, is that this game is actually really fun! Its got bullet-time and everything!

Anybody else play it? what do you think?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
the controls sucked pretty bad, and when you couldn't see where the enemies were.. it was paynefull (
tongue.gif
)

I mean... I got hurt pretty badly by enemies who saw me, but I couldn't see, due to the small screen... :/

thomaspajamas

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the controls sucked pretty bad, and when you couldn't see where the enemies were.. it was paynefull (
tongue.gif
)

I mean... I got hurt pretty badly by enemies who saw me, but I couldn't see, due to the small screen... :/

That is true- It is quite a pain in the ass when you just start getting shot up and have no idea whats going on

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
The actual remaking of the game and following of the story line was very well done. But I found that it was not the kind of game for the gba. Although it did a good job of maintaining the film noir style which max payne was made in and is loved for so much.

Amiable-Akuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think I owned the cart at one time and couldn't get into it because of the controls or because I just thought I'd prefer playing the "real" console version or something. I did appreciate, at the time, how nice the graphics and style were though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: @BakerMan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ