Gaming Any way to bypass filesharing sites wait times

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to bypass filesharing sites wait times when you have a static IP? (without paying for a premium account, if possible)

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With a static IP it's nearly (or is) impossible, but then jDownloader can be usefull to get these steps automated. jDownloader starts the download when possible.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Without a proxy, I doubt it's possible.

JDownloader can reset the connection, but if you have a static IP, that won't do anything (believe me, I've tried many times
laugh.gif
)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Bypassing wait times... programs like CryptLoad, jDownloader and MiPony all automate the process for you, but if that's not good enough...

a) contact your ISP and see if you can get them to switch you to a dynamic IP, then figure out how to get your router to restart and refresh your IP.
b) if you're stuck on static IP, consider using proxies. Different types of proxies provide different levels of result - they're not ALL slow. You might even consider setting up your own proxy (using a friend's internet connection).
c) if proxies don't work well enough for you, consider actually paying for premium. You can get a few friends to chip in towards the cost and share the user/pass between you so you all get the benefits. That's what I did for MU and RS, and it only cost me 50p for each.
d) find mirrors for your files. If you're downloading large files from forums/newsgroups, ask them to set up mirrors so even when you hit your limit, you can just carry on with another host site.
e) a while ago there used to be a "semi proxy" trick. The proxy would establish the connection, then redirect the actual download to you (directly, not through the proxy). I don't think it works anymore though, since it's been long enough for host sites to get wise to it and update their plugins.

f) endure. Wait for the waiting times like you're supposed to and find something else to do in the meanwhile (like read a book or play a game).

If it were just for videos and not data files, I would suggest plugins like Illitimux.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try Ultrasurf, idk if it will work, but it's a proxy type program, but turns on the filter when you open the program. I think it might work, it's mainly used to bypass blocking filters at schools to access say YouTube.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay