Hacking Any reason to keep my old 3DS?

Kionea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a new New 3DS (love the way that sounds) and was wondering if I should keep it. Is it possible there will be exploits that only work on the old one due to hardware and software differences like the PSP? Or is it just a door stop now?

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing you can do with O3DS but not N3DS that I know of is run NTR CFW 1 which, unlike 2, supports .3ds ROMs via GW.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
old3DS is faster in generating xorpads and has unlimited support
for upcomming emuNAND Versions (when Nintendo releases updates).

Currently it is only possible to use 9.5.0 emuNAND on new3DS.

Reactions: Ericss

gempugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to make .cia files yourself from .3ds to install on your n3DS, keep your o3DS if it is on 4.x (whatever, you can downgrade it anyway). o3DS have the fastest and most stable way to generate xorpads at the moment. The only way for n3DS to generate xorpads is the Decrypt9 method which is very unstable and slow and require Cubic Ninja exploit.

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, the Spider exploit (ARcodes) only runs on the O3DS currently (well it works on N3DS also but you need to run NTR CFW, and there's a few other requirements as well).

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
O3DS is on 9.7 EmuNAND with GW and there is no reason to believe at this time that it won't be on 9.8, 9.9, 10.0 etc. N3DS is stuck in the past. You can spoof all you want but some time there's going to be a function call that requires new firmware. For now most games work fine with the O3DS (huge installed base).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither