Hacking Question Any reason not to burn fuses? (read the post)

facundoj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I want to play a (legal) game online on my switch. I've never gone online on OFW, so now I'm following a guide to clean my sysnand so nintendo won't ban me. The problem is I need to update the firmware to play online (I'm on 6.1.0 I think). I guess that will burn fuses, but is it really a problem? I have homebrew on emunand.

p.s.: I have AutoRCM

Kingslayer_Kyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Burning fuses just means you can't go back to previous firmware that has a higher fuse count.

Ask yourself the question- Will I ever need to be back on older firmware? If the answer is no, then it isn't a problem.

Reactions: facundoj

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
A few peoples think it is better to keep the fuse counter low or to stay on a lower firmware because they think hackers will find a new way to exploit the system. This is bullshit when they have a fusee gelee unit. This exploit is almost the "holy grail" like kate said. What i want to say is, when you can use cfw, your fuse counter doesn't matter because cfw works even when the firmware is too low for the fuse counter.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few peoples think it is better to keep the fuse counter low or to stay on a lower firmware because they think hackers will find a new way to exploit the system. This is bullshit when they have a fusee gelee unit. This exploit is almost the "holy grail" like kate said. What i want to say is, when you can use cfw, your fuse counter doesn't matter because cfw works even when the firmware is too low for the fuse counter.
Did you read the OP? User wants to go online.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • If you don't care about future exploits, then you can update and burn your fuses. It won't matter.
  • If you do care about future exploits, then you should use one of the available methods to update to 9.1.0 on your clean NAND without burning fuses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Juan's new years I forgot +2