Hardware any news on 11.6 OFW?

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Miiverse works for me though. Yeah "service will stop at 11/8/17 a 7am 'HNEC'" (wrote it the american way, saw it ?)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

:wtf:

Facepalm...

That's not a major system change though since it's part of the CFW installation.

Last edited by sp3off,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it drops chances are it'll patch what bugs it can but nothing can patch the ntrboot or sighax exploits we use currently to install CFW so in short it'll probably patch some userland and even kernel bugs but it won't matter. At this point the system will remain hackable regardless of there attempts to fix it.

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When it drops chances are it'll patch what bugs it can but nothing can patch the ntrboot or sighax exploits we use currently to install CFW so in short it'll probably patch some userland and even kernel bugs but it won't matter. At this point the system will remain hackable regardless of there attempts to fix it.

11.6 might be used to fix RPwnG uses. They patched the game, probably they're gonna watch in their FW to see if other vulns needs to be patched

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's honestly no reason to care about OFW updates at this point as there's no way for Nintendo remove the big 3 exploits used to install B9S. Hardmod can no longer be removed as we no longer require NATIVE_FIRM access to gain kernel access. DSiware can't be removed as they would have to completely redo how DSiware works to remove the NAND access. And NTRBoot can't be removed, as it's bootrom exploit and requires new hardware to fix it. The most 11.6 can do is remove some unreleased kernel exploit, which honestly isn't that big deal anymore since we have those three previously mentioned exploits.
If you are worried about 11.6, then really you just need a compatible flashcart and a method to install NTRBoot on it, plus a magnet too. Like I said before, 11.6 (nor any future update short of a hardware update,) can remove this method.

Reactions: sp3off

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's honestly no reason to care about OFW updates at this point as there's no way for Nintendo remove the big 3 exploits used to install B9S. Hardmod can no longer be removed as we no longer require NATIVE_FIRM access to gain kernel access. DSiware can't be removed as they would have to completely redo how DSiware works to remove the NAND access. And NTRBoot can't be removed, as it's bootrom exploit and requires new hardware to fix it. The most 11.6 can do is remove some unreleased kernel exploit, which honestly isn't that big deal anymore since we have those three previously mentioned exploits.
If you are worried about 11.6, then really you just need a compatible flashcart and a method to install NTRBoot on it, plus a magnet too. Like I said before, 11.6 (nor any future update short of a hardware update,) can remove this method.

They actually can go deep into the bootrom. They replicate B9S installer access, corrects the firm0/firm1 and add protection onto it. Best deal is as you said, inject NTRboot into a compatible flashcard.

+ you know what ? Even A9LH, the great old exploit, couldn't be deleted due to the same reasons hahaha

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They actually can go deep into the bootrom. They replicate B9S installer access, corrects the firm0/firm1 and add protection onto it. Best deal is as you said, inject NTRboot into a compatible flashcard.
They could, but they won't. There's always risks involved when doing something like that and risks Nintendo would not be willing to take. Nintendo has done something like that before with the Wii and it resulted in bricks.

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They could, but they won't. There's always risks involved when doing something like that and risks Nintendo would not be willing to take. Nintendo has done something like that before with the Wii and it resulted in bricks.

Seems like they've learned from their mistakes.

End of Game : Hackers : over 9000 !, Nintendo : out.

I imagine Mario being on the floor crying because hackers have found the way to "penetrate" the bootrom : "Mamma mia, what could I do ? My life is over, I'm a plumber and I cannot fix that sh** *cries intensely*"

Reactions: The Catboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later