Hacking Any Method for PSP ISOS on Ps Vita 3.52?

Gonquai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use qcma, and send iso's (or cso's) via a save data. I'm using Ark and it works well (run it as game image).

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can apparently use just about any PSP/POPS title (including demos) for creating a custom/ARK-2 bubble with the writer.eml exploit. About the toughest thing to getting your Vita hacked 3.52- is getting Open CMA or QCMA to play nicely with it (and no USB 3.0 ports as I found out via a near-hairpulling experience).

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Anyone have a good tutorial for the 3.51-3.52 fw v? any updates on the fw 3.55? cant find a good place to read news about it ( or anything related)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Pool Hall Pro/World of Pool installed you can use this. Otherwise you will have to get your hands dirty and do this method.

You need to copy the ISOs/CSOs (name them in uppercase like THISGAME.ISO - only 8 characters or you'll run into problems) into a save folder and sync the save to your Vita from PC each time you want a game. Then you will want to move the file out of the save folder on both your Vita and PC so you don't keep synching it each time. TN-V gives you the usual PSP menu but it doesn't load games from a useful place without further (crappy) hacking. I would just store mine in the root of the SAVEDATA folder. Then load them by toggling to Game in ARK and pressing start on the file. Also PSPfiler is something you will want to add to the save folder because it will come in handy. I used it to create a folder under /PSP named. HOMEBREW and put folders in there for each separate title to keep things neat. It also handles zip files much better than VHBL and rar files too.

My 2 cents: ISOs will chew up the memory card and because of the tedious way you need to manage the games it is almost not worth it and better just to get a PSP instead for anything other than emulation on the Vita unless you stick to a game until it's completed.

Last edited by cracker,

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
[QUOTE="cracker" [/QUOTE] thanks for the reply!! well I understand the part of the tedious way of game management, but, its better to have a vita than a psp (here on venezuelan mercadolibre.ve the prices of both are 90% almost the same) and I would have a 32 gb vita sd.

In a few weeks, I think, Im gonna buy the vita. till then will research more about it. thanks!

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess "better" is relative to the player in this case. I'm not sure where you live but in many places you can pick up a used PSP and a decent sized MSPD (or knockoff? PhotoFast adapter + 2 - 8G microSDs) for what some places sell 32G M2 cards for. I guess once you see the situation from the owner side of things you may understand our point. I love my Vita but the digital content overwhelmed the card quickly (especially with PS Plus monthly games) and it forces you to rotate games a lot.

Note: I just remembered some more catches to eCFW on the Vita. No/very limited/glitchy sound in PSX emulation and no net access in online PSP games.

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I guess "better" is relative to the player in this case. I'm not sure where you live but in many places you can pick up a used PSP and a decent sized MSPD (or knockoff? PhotoFast adapter + 2 - 8G microSDs) for what some places sell 32G M2 cards for. I guess once you see the situation from the owner side of things you may understand our point. I love my Vita but the digital content overwhelmed the card quickly (especially with PS Plus monthly games) and it forces you to rotate games a lot.

Note: I just remembered some more catches to eCFW on the Vita. No/very limited/glitchy sound in PSX emulation and no net access in online PSP games.
Hmm I totally understand your point. But the thing is, like I said, the PS vita and PSP prices are that same. The PSP cost the same as the PS vita (thanks to the inflation of Venezuela) so why buy a PSP with 8gb and no hack for 100,000 bs when the ps vita with 32gb and hackable cost 100,000 all the same. Being new, better and all. And, I could totally buy an used PSP later, for half the price. Just gotta find someone who wants to sell it.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I totally understand your point. But the thing is, like I said, the PS vita and PSP prices are that same. The PSP cost the same as the PS vita (thanks to the inflation of Venezuela) so why buy a PSP with 8gb and no hack for 100,000 bs when the ps vita with 32gb and hackable cost 100,000 all the same. Being new, better and all. And, I could totally buy an used PSP later, for half the price. Just gotta find someone who wants to sell it.
PSP is much, much easier to hack then hacking a ps vita for PSP mode. I see what you are saying though since with the ps vita you can have both psp and ps vita games all in one.

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
PSP is much, much easier to hack then hacking a ps vita for PSP mode. I see what you are saying though since with the ps vita you can have both psp and ps vita games all in one.
Exactly. I see your point too. But in this country things are very difficult right now. So my best choice is AIO like the vita.

Reactions: cvskid

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Again xD

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That totally makes sense now that I know you are in a non-gamer friendly country. Hope it all works out for you. I'm not sure if pawn shops are a big thing down there but you might be able to find one there. That size M2 might be a problem to find at an affordable cost since nowhere in the world can buy those at a reasonable fee.

Nightwinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That totally makes sense now that I know you are in a non-gamer friendly country. Hope it all works out for you. I'm not sure if pawn shops are a big thing down there but you might be able to find one there. That size M2 might be a problem to find at an affordable cost since nowhere in the world can buy those at a reasonable fee.
Yeah, right now is worse than ever. But thanks for your replies. Not even pawn shops, that doesn't even exist down here (?)

Raffxj

Trophies
XP
Country
Bump.

Hi guys. I have been reading and re-reading as to how I could use my 3.52 vita to run psp games... one the said tricks is to "backup the/any tandom psp base game FROM the vita"... ok.. but HOW do I actually do that? Put a psp game to vita?

I have qcma already installed.and working.. i hope someone could shine a light on this one..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...